Well... Are we in our out? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Well... Are we in our out?

Obviously I want us to be in but I honestly don't see it. The bubble is weak this year, so that oughta help, but those OOC losses are just too much to overcome, IMO.
On another note, this is perhaps the most unlikeable SU team I've watched in 35+ years of fandom. All season long I just couldn't get into these guys. Maybe it's the losing, the lack of defense, or the mercenary grad transfers, but I never came to "like" this squad.
That being said, let's hope they can sneak in with a bid. LGO

He isn't on the committee, he can't get us in because he knows people.

You're crazy if you think that the committee doesn't slot teams into the field based on ratings, and as others have said, Cuse is a BIG draw. Wildhack's ESPN cachet can only help us.

200w.gif

(We're out)

Many times. Obviously we haven't been a bubble team every year in the last 40, but aside from last year, every NIT appearance we have been biting nails on Sunday only to be disappointed. Also, many years we haven't been on the bubble, we've had gripes about being under-seeded...

Many times isn't an answer. List the years we were legit snubbed. I gather it's not more than 2 times.

You're crazy if you think that the committee doesn't slot teams into the field based on ratings, and as others have said, Cuse is a BIG draw. Wildhack's ESPN cachet can only help us.

Then how come we didn't get in the tourney in 07? or 08 for that matter?

Out. It's great that they gave us some hope and really should have been in after a disaster start, but just can't overlook the (frankly) bad resume. Because we are in the ACC we will undoubtedly play (and at times beat) good teams, which we did. But our road and out of conference record I think will be too much to overcome.

50/50 and totally gonna depend on what these other teams do - we got lucky last year to get in - cant keep getting lucky forever - or maybe we are Cuse and that makes a difference when deciding

Obviously I want us to be in but I honestly don't see it. The bubble is weak this year, so that oughta help, but those OOC losses are just too much to overcome, IMO.
On another note, this is perhaps the most unlikeable SU team I've watched in 35+ years of fandom. All season long I just couldn't get into these guys. Maybe it's the losing, the lack of defense, or the mercenary grad transfers, but I never came to "like" this squad.

You'll miss the FT shooting when it's gone. #brightside

50/50 and totally gonna depend on what these other teams do - we got lucky last year to get in - cant keep getting lucky forever - or maybe we are Cuse and that makes a difference when deciding

We will be lucky to get in this year, last year was not luck, we deserved to be in, I am tired of people saying we didn't, our resume was very solid.

The bubble is the 60-70th teams either in or looking to get in. It's never good

Then how come we didn't get in the tourney in 07? or 08 for that matter?

07' was a legit screw job. As a student on the hill at that time I'm old enough to know...having witnessed it firsthand. 08' they didn't deserve to get in. However after the dominant 09'-13' stretch and a final four last year, our national brand stock is rising.

07' was a legit screw job. As a student on the hill at that time I'm old enough to know...having witnessed it firsthand. 08' they didn't deserve to get in. However after the dominant 09'-13' stretch and a final four last year, our national brand stock is rising.

07 was a legit screw job, 08 we didn't deserve to get in, but going but what the poster said, if it was all about ratings we would have been in.

Many times isn't an answer. List the years we were legit snubbed. I gather it's not more than 2 times.
"Screwed" isn't an answer either. Again, any team on the bubble has an argument either way.
OK, here goes:
80-81 (Leo says hi BET Champs and snubbed)
96-97
01-02
06-07
07-08
plus all the times we've been seeded lower than most expected. As I said, many...

When you lose to Drexel and Wichita State at home, and have no quality OOC wins to speak of, and your conference isn't that great.

Kiiiiiiiind of leaving you fate up in the air.

So based on what you just said, the difference is that this year the ACC is much better than the 06-07' BE? I guess we'll find out if the committee agrees with you on Sunday.

"Screwed" isn't an answer either. Again, any team on the bubble has an argument either way.
OK, here goes:
80-81 (Leo says hi BET Champs and snubbed)
96-97
01-02
06-07
07-08
plus all the times we've been seeded lower than most expected. As I said, many...

We were not "snubbed" in 97, 02, or 08. You have an argument for 2007 and the 81 BET title was before I was born.

So based on what you just said, the difference is that this year the ACC is much better than the 06-07' BE? I guess we'll find out if the committee agrees with you on Sunday.

This year's ACC is objectively much better than the 2007 Big East. That's not a debate.

I also said I think we get in.

We were not "snubbed" in 97, 02, or 08. You have an argument for 2007 and the 81 BET title was before I was born.
only making the argument that "snubbed" or "screwed" is as subjective as "many". Every one of those years we were glued to the tube not knowing our fate because we were right on the edge, and every one of those years we didn't get in. I don't really recall a year that we had no shot on Sunday (maybe 81-82). I guess my point really is that whenever it's been close, we've been disappointed with the exception of last year...

only making the argument that "snubbed" or "screwed" is as subjective as "many". Every one of those years we were glued to the tube not knowing our fate because we were right on the edge, and every one of those years we didn't get in. I don't really recall a year that we had no shot on Sunday (maybe 81-82). I guess my point really is that whenever it's been close, we've been disappointed with the exception of last year...

Well in 2008 our chances of making the tournament was gone the second we lost to Nova in the BET.

And in my time rooting for SU the only times it's been close were 97, 02, 07, 16, and this year. Not a real great sample size.

Reactions: MGP
Well in 2008 our chances of making the tournament was gone the second we lost to Nova in the BET.

And in my time rooting for SU the only times it's been close were 97, 02, 07, 16, and this year. Not a real great sample size.
so yeah, we've only made it once in those years...

I say out... the losses to St. John's, Georgetown, UConn and Boston College are too much to overcome. You add in that this team can't seem to play defense outside of the Carrier Dome and I just don't see it. Even if we were to make the NCAA tournament, I've seen nothing to make me believe we'd be able to go on a run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom