Well, do we have a three game winning streak in us? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Well, do we have a three game winning streak in us?

Need 3 in a row. 2 in a row gets us into a discussion, 3 gives us a solid chance but still a sweat, 4 is a lock. If we lose one of the next 2, we are cooked, unless we run off 3 in a row in the ACC Tourney.

Is it possible to win 2 or maybe just 1 and still be the 10 seed in ACCT?

Granted beating BC & Pitt won’t do much, but it gets the Orange to 20 and then winning the 7-10 game moves the needle to 21...and it looks better.

problem here is we have no top caliber wins. we lost to unc and duke so our last shot is #15 clemson. imo beating clemson is not going to be enuf in the committees eyes therefore we have to advance far enuf into the ACCT to face another ranked opponent ( uva,unc,duke or clemson ) for that 2nd top tier win.

Can we? Sure.

I think we need a few things to happen:
1) Whatever was making PC gimpy last game, has to be relatively healed.
2) Battle, Frank and OB cannot get into any foul trouble.
3) We need to attack the basket. We aren't going to turn into the Warriors. We'll have some games where more shots drop than others, but we can't rely on off the dribble 23 foot threes.
4) If we are going to turn the ball over, doing it by being aggressive. Do not give up possessions because you aren't aware of your surroundings.

We got talent. We have no depth. Our offense, whatever the reason, gets stagnant pretty regularly. We still have JB.

Also, I'm assuming Battle is 100% gone after this year. I think he has one last run in him with heroic effort.

depth i think being the key point here in a back to back to back tourney format.

We don’t have an NCAA tournament level team this year, I think many of us have been holding out hope but I don’t have any optimism left for the season. My only hope is that Battle and Brissett somehow decide after the season to stay on for 2018/2019.

neither would get drafted this year

We don’t have an NCAA tournament level team this year, I think many of us have been holding out hope but I don’t have any optimism left for the season. My only hope is that Battle and Brissett somehow decide after the season to stay on for 2018/2019.
id agree we dont have a typival ncaa tournament team but this year there arent 68 teams tournament worthy

Need 3 in a row. 2 in a row gets us into a discussion, 3 gives us a solid chance but still a sweat, 4 is a lock. If we lose one of the next 2, we are cooked, unless we run off 3 in a row in the ACC Tourney.
nah

I mean, maybe

but, again... SO MUCH DEPENDS ON WHAT THE REST OF THE BUBBLE IS DOING

so to use words like "cooked" and "lock" right now is futile

Well I mean we last won three in a row 1/27. But two of those games were vs Pitt. The last time before THAT was 12/19 right before Bonaventure. Sooooooo yeah.

I'm not quite sure why, but your 'soooooo yeah' reminded me of this... :)

As of this morning, JL has us as the first team out. I would say we are still definitely in the mix. I’m sure other teams ahead of us are also on thin ice. Win the next two and are chances are pretty good. Louisville winning last night at VT jumped them past us. There could be a lot of movement in the next week. If we don’t win some games it’s all a moot point.

As of this morning, JL has us as the first team out. I would say we are still definitely in the mix. I’m sure other teams ahead of us are also on thin ice. Win the next two and are chances are pretty good. Louisville winning last night at VT jumped them past us. There could be a lot of movement in the next week. If we don’t win some games it’s all a moot point.
Pretty good summary right here.

It's amazing that 8 people agree with this BS.

What really is the difference between
a) 10-10 in ACC games, with no quality wins in the ACC tourney
b) 10-11 in ACC games with one quality win in the ACC tourney instead of the regular season. Yes we would end up 10-11. but that additional game would losing to Duke, Virginia, or UNC in the quarterfinals.

Scenario a) - Solid chance, but a sweat
Scenario b) We are cooked, "no path to the tournament"

Do you not realize how ridiculous these assessments are given the minimal difference in the two? Do you think the committee will think we are in one day, and then drop us out after losing to Duke or Virginia on a neutral floor?

Right now I am not going to lock us in under either a) or b), as who knows how things could turn. But as of now, I would feel good with either one and feel the same under each scenario.

Sure we could lose to Duke in the quarter-final and drop out, because somebody caught us. But we are equally exposed to being caught under both scenarios.

Last edited:
It's amazing that 8 people agree with this BS.

What really is the difference between
a) 10-10, with no quality wins in the ACC tourney (apparently this gives us a solid chance with a bit of a sweat
b) 10-11 with one quality win in the ACC tourney instead of the regular season, and the extra loss being to Duke, Virginia or UNC in the ACC tournament.

Scenario a) - Solid chance, but a sweat
Scenario b) We are cooked, "no path to the tournament"

Do you not realize how ridiculous these comments are. You are making that wide of a variance, because we lost one extra game to a top 4 seed in round 3. Once we get in, the committee is not going to drop us out because we just lost to Duke or Virgnia. S
School's in session, folks

Is it possible to win 2 or maybe just 1 and still be the 10 seed in ACCT?

Granted beating BC & Pitt won’t do much, but it gets the Orange to 20 and then winning the 7-10 game moves the needle to 21...and it looks better.

technically we are currently in 11th as nd has tiebreaker over us

I don't mean this to be snarky but I feel like I have read like 10 straight years on here that the bubble was weak.
Well, it pretty much has been - especially since it went from 64 to 68

jncuse I know you do a lot of research and work on this stuff but if we go into the ACC tourney at 8-10 we will be in a very precarious position. It's not a matter of having to win 3 ACCT games to get to 11 wins. It's a matter of using the ACCT for a signature win. If we get that opportunity in the first 2 games of the ACCT, then maybe we'd have a shot to lose the third game. Right now, our resume doesn't have bad losses but we don't have enough Quad 1 wins. If we beat UNC or Duke, we'd be in a much better spot. I'm not sure how you can't see that.

To say that my comments are "ridiculous" and "BS" is off base. I don't agree with everything you say and your word is not gospel. My opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.

jncuse I know you do a lot of research and work on this stuff but if we go into the ACC tourney at 8-10 we will be in a very precarious position. It's not a matter of having to win 3 ACCT games to get to 11 wins. It's a matter of using the ACCT for a signature win. If we get that opportunity in the first 2 games of the ACCT, then maybe we'd have a shot to lose the third game. Right now, our resume doesn't have bad losses but we don't have enough Quad 1 wins. If we beat UNC or Duke, we'd be in a much better spot. I'm not sure how you can't see that.

To say that my comments are "ridiculous" and "BS" is off base. I don't agree with everything you say and your word is not gospel. My opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.
Keep trying. :)

This is like last season.

The Orange have their destiny in their hands. (Cliche alert).
Win 3 more games and there's a good chance they're in.

The difference is...last season they had some quality wins and some bad losses.
This year two quality wins that only count for us: G-town and U-Conn.
None so far that count a lot for the selection committee.
(At Louisville? Marginal).

The margin for error is small.
17 turnovers...among other ills... can't happen again.

This is like last season.

The Orange have their destiny in their hands. (Cliche alert).
Win 3 more games and there's a good chance they're in.

The difference is...last season they had some quality wins and some bad losses.
This year two quality wins that only count for us: G-town and U-Conn.
None so far that count a lot for the selection committee.
(At Louisville? Marginal).

The margin for error is small.
17 turnovers...among other ills... can't happen again.
lol not to trumpet our resume, because it isn't much, but if you don't think the @ lvlle and @ miami wins (each will register as Q1) aren't good in the eyes of the committee, you don't know what you're talking about

lol not to trumpet our resume, because it isn't much, but if you don't think the @ lvlle and @ miami wins (each will register as Q1) aren't good in the eyes of the committee, you don't know what you're talking about

Are we in danger from either one of these games from turning into quad 2 games?

neither louisville or miami sniff anywhere near the top polls. AP,ESPN,COACHES .NONE !
VAtech (#34 AP) a long time ago remains our best win. and the committee will want to see a bigger pelt .

Last edited:
I don't mean this to be snarky but I feel like I have read like 10 straight years on here that the bubble was weak.

Since field expanded to 68

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom