we're baaack! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

we're baaack!

Run pass ratio isn't a problem anymore

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

85% is just as good if the skill set includes improvisational plays (Broyld, Hunt).

Not saying those last two guys I mentioned are ever going to be the starting QB at Syracuse University, but I think they'd bring a different dimension that Nassib didn't bring. And that more than makes up for the lack of playbook understanding.
Those are some pretty bold statements.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Run pass ratio isn't a problem anymore

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Yup. Get enough plays off and you get a lot of offense run and pass.

I am in the boat that we will get solid production out of the qb spot next year as long as the offense can remain balanced... Or should I say multiple...

That effort yesterday was Stanford esque

I am in the boat that we will get solid production out of the qb spot next year as long as the offense can remain balanced... Or should I say multiple...

The reason I'm so concerned about Nassib isn't because he was so exceptional, but because he was sooo much better than any of the other guys we've had over the last 14 years. I can't go back to RJ Anderson, Andrew Robinson, or god forbid Perry Patterson and his grandmother.

The reason I'm so concerned about Nassib isn't because he was so exceptional, but because he was sooo much better than any of the other guys we've had over the last 14 years. I can't go back to RJ Anderson, Andrew Robinson, or god forbid Perry Patterson and his grandmother.
Even if we didnt have Allen coming in who is one of the crown jewels of our recruiting class, we would still have a way more talented stable of QB's next year than that horror show of QB's you just mentioned.

Nassib could have VERY easily had 3 INTs today, including a pick-6 that could have brought WVU back in the game at the start of the 4th quarter.

He is replaceable. Without question, he is replaceable. And those on this board that think he is the second coming will find out others are also capable, despite not understanding 100.0% of the playbook. 85% is just as good if the skill set includes improvisational plays (Broyld, Hunt).

Not saying those last two guys I mentioned are ever going to be the starting QB at Syracuse University, but I think they'd bring a different dimension that Nassib didn't bring. And that more than makes up for the lack of playbook understanding.

So we have guys on the roster that could be 2nd round picks at QB? Excellent.

Yea, he almost had a pick 6. I saw an NFL game yesterday where a pick 6 was dropped. And that QB was playing in good conditions. Big deal, it happens. It was hard fir anyone to grasp the ball in that mess. The zip was gone on many passes.

Nobody is going to use that game to evaluate Nassibs, nor Smiths, passing ability.

Nassib is not going to be as easy to replace as you make it sound.

Nassib could have VERY easily had 3 INTs today, including a pick-6 that could have brought WVU back in the game at the start of the 4th quarter.

He is replaceable. Without question, he is replaceable. And those on this board that think he is the second coming will find out others are also capable, despite not understanding 100.0% of the playbook. 85% is just as good if the skill set includes improvisational plays (Broyld, Hunt).

I seriously doubt Broyld is ever playing QB here.

And you can say that even though you have watched the very poor QB play we have witnessed from McNabb to Nassib (after he matured).

I'd categorize your comment and opinion as "unbridled but unsubstantiated optimism".

I hope you are right ... but I doubt it.

Excellent post, BO. How anyone who has been around for the last 14 years can have any confidence in SUs getting a competent QB is beyomd me..

I actually relaxed when we got the ball on offense with Nassib at QB feeling pretty good that we would be able to sustain a drive and maybe even score.

I have more confidence in the staff coaching/evaluating the qb's then I did back then. Also, it seemed that P had to scramble after losing Vick and then had to promise that he would recruit only one qb each year.

That said I agree with you townie about having confidence in Nassib with the ball down the stretch and playing for 3 years will do that...you have the experience and have seen a lot of different D's. But, it wasn't long ago a lot were calling Ryan captain check down and he did have his comfort zone. I'd love to see SU start being NFL qb U.

Yea, he almost had a pick 6. I saw an NFL game yesterday where a pick 6 was dropped. And that QB was playing in good conditions. Big deal, it happens. It was hard fir anyone to grasp the ball in that mess. The zip was gone on many passes.

Nobody is going to use that game to evaluate Nassibs, nor Smiths, passing ability.

Seriously.

If nassib is a 2nd rnder, or at least grades out that way, and people don't expect a drop off at QB, then I expect SU to be ranked to start the season.

Have to run the football somewhat effectively to make an average qb look at least average. I think we are finally developing qbs as opposed to rushing them onto the field like we did the past 14 years. I absolutely do not want to see a true frosh ever start at Syracuse ever again. Give me Loeb or hunt next year. Let Allen red shirt and learn the system and bulk up as well.

I also think our system has entered the modern college football era. I think the qb play will be fine. Loeb or Hunt our better athletes that we have had post mcnabb which leaves me optimistic.

I am not saying there won't be a drop off but we should be able to put a decent product out there at qb and we should have a solid running attack. We have a 3rd year sophomore and a 5th year senior as viable options. We also have the best athlete on the team that we know has at least played the qb spot not that I think he will play qb.

Next year is going to be all about the running game. We are losing our QB, and 2 best receivers. We are going to see a lot of running performances like yesterday if we are going to be back in bowl contention next year. We have a set of studs in the backfield, and we need to put them to work big time next year. I fully expect a top 20 rushing team in the nation next year. People should not be shocked if we flip flop from a primary passing attack, to a primary rushing attack next year. The weapons we have dictate it is the right move...

I also think our system has entered the modern college football era.
This to me is the biggest reason for optimism. We're doing things on offense that can put the QB in position to face defenses that over the course of the game get tired, confused and tentative.

I don't care about NFL. I care about college football.

Kellen Moore was a tremendous college QB who was never drafted by an NFL team. The same can be said for numerous guys.

Nassib is replaceable. Due to o-line play, improved skill position players and an improved understanding of our coaching staff of the college game. I think we have guys capable of adding new dimensions to the offense and, while they likely will not match Nassib in the passing categories they could become just as effective moving our offense.

Agree with IB we have a system in place now as the next QB should do a solid job. We have the running game that we will rely on a lot especially in the beginning part of season. Nassib was great this year, but I think Allen or Loeb can have a year like junior year nassib and well be fine.

I don't care about NFL. I care about college football.

Kellen Moore was a tremendous college QB who was never drafted by an NFL team. The same can be said for numerous guys.

Nassib is replaceable. Due to o-line play, improved skill position players and an improved understanding of our coaching staff of the college game. I think we have guys capable of adding new dimensions to the offense and, while they likely will not match Nassib in the passing categories they could become just as effective moving our offense.

Well everyone is replaceable. And if those around you superior and not as much is on your shoulders, then yes the offense can be as good. But know this, whomever is the QB next year will not be as good if a QB as Nassib this year.

Well everyone is replaceable. And if those around you superior and not as much is on your shoulders, then yes the offense can be as good. But know this, whomever is the QB next year will not be as good if a QB as Nassib this year.

Yeah, Nassib has only had one of the most statistically prolific seasons in school history.

Totally reasonable to expect a new starter to do as well. Totally.

I'll be thrilled if it happens though.

I will ask this rhetorical question, though: how many times has either Hackett or Marrone said that they would have no problem putting Loeb in the game if it came down to it?

Hmm, I wonder who the starter will be at QB next year ...

I will ask this rhetorical question, though: how many times has either Hackett or Marrone said that they would have no problem putting Loeb in the game if it came down to it?

Hmm, I wonder who the starter will be at QB next year ...
Oh, it's going to be Loeb. Unless Allen comes in and is the best freshman QB the world has ever seen it will be Loeb.

Yep "King Acumen".

Nice job.

Wow a you a miserable loser who has never had anything go well in his life and has no clue what goes on during a game. How about enjoying your team and winning instead of trying to get into a pissing match in which you are still wrong. Get a life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom