We're going to win the BC game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We're going to win the BC game

I agree 7-6 is alright. This game is even more important than the Bowl because we need to stop the bleeding now and we will have weeks until the next game. None of our losses were to bad teams and losing a bowl game to a decent opponent isn’t the end of the world but losing to 3-8 BC and dropping 6 in a row would be terrible.
Yessir, I agree with all of this.

The offense was never stellar. Even during the win streak we stalled at times and shown flaws. The defense was playing much better so it gave us more possessions and kept us in 1 possession games. The last 5 teams were just better teams. Even armPitt unfortunately. Lets beat BC and move on.

Last edited:
The offense was never stellar. Even during the win streak we stalled at times and shown flaws. The defense was playing much better so it gave us more possessions and kept us in 1 possesion games. The last 5 teams were just better teams. Even armPitt unfortunately. Lets beat BC and move on.
totally agree about the offense, the passing game was clearly better but partially because it was so terrible last year. lots of missed opportunities and as you said stalled out drives. I think it looked the best against Louisville and never looked that good again, at least against P5 opponents

Feels like we’re rewriting history a bit here guys, our offense was rolling before the second half of the Clemson game. Sure, UVA game was a bit rough but other than that, GS was looking like one of the best QBs in college football.

Last edited:
totally agree about the offense, the passing game was clearly better but partially because it was so terrible last year. lots of missed opportunities and as you said stalled out drives. I think it looked the best against Louisville and never looked that good again, at least against P5 opponents
Yup. Opponents gathered more tape following each game played.

Feels like we’re rewriting history a bit here guys, our offense was rolling before the second half of the Clemson game. Sure, UVA game was a bit rough but other than that, GS was looking like one of the best QBs in college football.
he was playing really well, no doubt, but the Purdue game was really one good quarter of offense(and one of the 4th quarter TDs was by the defense). NC State was not pretty, we moved the ball and didn't have a lot of possessions but GS had two awful picks. UVA as you mentioned was a turnover fest. Not a knock on GS and the offense was certainly better for the first 5.5 games , but we really weren't putting up a lot of points, outside of U Conn and Wagner.

GS run/scramble ability bailed us out often and when he got banged up we had to rely on the foundations of the offense. The run game was inconsistent and we relied on Gadsden too much. Teams are focused on that now. I bet BC uses some packages that involves spying Shrader.

I'm not saying we're going to blow them out. I expect them to play with some pride and try to play spoiler to end the season.

That said, now that the offense got some mojo back, we're going to leave Boston with a W. We're going to outscore them, and our defense will cause problems for them.

I look forward to an impact game from Tucker.
BC ain’t good. SU is a good team that’s been beat up playing teams all much better than BC.

Last edited:
A nice 32-0 win would help but I know everyone will find a reason to fire Dino no matter how we play.
I get it but let’s just get a nice win and get healthy for a bowl game.

Even if we beat Boston College it changes nothing. Our recruiting for next year is off to a really slow start. I know we won’t do anything.

Even if we beat Boston College it changes nothing. Our recruiting for next year is off to a really slow start. I know we won’t do anything.
2E0E5F8A-F1EA-4DEC-B01A-9EFE46EF52F9.jpeg

There aren’t that many roster spots to begin with. There will be a handful of declarations and a couple of kids hitting the portal. They might get to 25, but that’s not a certainty.

2023 class represents the struggles from the 2020 and 21 seasons. We don’t have a lot of HS slots to fill and keep in mind they are holding spots for transfers as well

We don't currently have many slots available though should change in the offseason. I am extremely happy with a number of our 2023 recruits. I mean Sellers is a really good duel threat QB, DL Man child Rashard "brick schithouse" Perry, Ike Daniels who is a serious RB, Cahoon a speed WR to name a few. People expecting a top 5 Rivals class should probably be fans of Bama or the Bulldogs. The guys above are really good additions to the team.

We don't currently have many slots available though should change in the offseason. I am extremely happy with a number of our 2023 recruits. I mean Sellers is a really good duel threat QB, DL Man child Rashard "brick schithouse" Perry, Ike Daniels who is a serious RB, Cahoon a speed WR to name a few. People expecting a top 5 Rivals class should probably be fans of Bama or the Bulldogs. The guys above are really good additions to the team.
Remember that name for when Perry is here. It's bad luck to preordain a nickname. That'll be a contender though.

Only if you believe your own hype.

I don't even think a 50 point win would lift my spirits.
I don't even think a 50 point win would lift my spirits.
Well when it comes2 this football team and complete mediocrity or the last five games not even close to that to pretty much be a top-15 team to pretty much falling off the freaking football planet, a 50-point game against BC will lift your spirits huh, well it may lift yours but it won't even be a blip on the freaking radar for everybody else's unfortunately. Well, outside of this website of course.
At this point it doesn't mean anything well I be happy, for a moment it's sure better than a loss but this is about the big picture, not one game and that's what seems to be lacking big time with some people surrounding this program.

You know maybe it hasn't come out yet and I hope that is the case because they nothing happens which is what I think is the way it's going to go because it just seems to always go that way then we could potentially be in tremendous trouble depending on what happens with realignment and well that's it!
BIG PICTURE SU!!!!

Last edited:
I kind of think its a relatively important game for us, win this and a bowl and you get some momentum moving into next year. That can be used to recruit, maybe grab a few transfers. Its also BC, a regional rival, and someone we battle recruits for annually. We want their program to struggle and for us to have the upperhand. Every win we can get, actual and proverbial, ill take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom