We're going to win the BC game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We're going to win the BC game

If Shrader outplays BC's QB we will win by 20+.
Got here late.

Saturday night is a W for us.

We’re playing the worst team in the ACC. Among their losses were UConn, VT and Rutgers.

Shrader will be accurate and complete many throws to a plethora of receivers, (no one will be able to cover Gasden), and Tucker will run for 200 yards and some TD’s.

8-5 is OK. If Not for all the injuries our record, IMO, would be better than it is.

With a year under their belt for Babers, Anae, and Beck our forthcoming season will be much better.

Got here late.

Saturday night is a W for us.

We’re playing the worst team in the ACC. Among their losses were UConn, VT and Rutgers.

Shrader will be accurate and complete many throws to a plethora of receivers, (no one will be able to cover Gasden), and Tucker will run for 200 yards and some TD’s.

8-5 is OK. If Not for all the injuries our record, IMO, would be better than it is.

With a year under their belt for Babers, Anae, and Beck our forthcoming season will be much better.

I’ll take 8-5 and be happy with it

I won’t take 6-7 with 7 loses in a row, that is completely unacceptable

Needless to say, a lot hinges on the game this Saturday night

Weather in Chestnut Hill Saturday night... low/mid 40s West wind around 10 mph. little chance of precip.
I liked what I saw from the O against Wake. Many receivers involved, Allen got some run, Shrader looked to be about 80%.
First one to 30 wins...
I think a lot of the O improvement had to do with who we were playing. Look at all the receivers who caught balls vs UConn and Wagner. Just saying.

I’ll take 8-5 and be happy with it

I won’t take 6-7 with 7 loses in a row, that is completely unacceptable

Needless to say, a lot hinges on the game this Saturday night

I get the feeling if they lose to BC and the bowl game...some conversations will take place.

Hey at least BC isn’t 131st. Even as injury depleted as our D is, no excuse to be in those 2nd and short situations we keep finding ourselves in when playing this team

Wonder if the rookie starts at QB again or if Jurko will play? Guessing the rookie

Really this is a must W to keep the season as a positive.

The last 2 weeks have been the most disappointing. You can excuse Clemson, Notre Dame, and Pitt due to Shrader's injury. Losing to FSU isn't a big deal. But to be completely non competitive at home? Losing to Wake is not so bad. But to give up 35 unanswered points? The final score was closer than the game was IMO. Being down 24 in the 4th Q is not a good performance.

But in the end a L is a L doesn't matter what the score was. None of those 5 were bad teams or teams we should have beaten. This week we are playing a bad team and are playing a team we should beat. It would completely throw away the 6-0 start.

If we win then I have hope for next year. If we lose, I am off the being content with keeping Dino train.

CD13D096-26A1-4B4D-9F6D-CFE150E517B4.jpeg

I’m going to go out and say it, and some people aren’t going to be happy about it

But if this team, with injuries etc, can not beat this lowly Boston College team, Dino should be fired.

The potential and probability would be that we would end up with a losing season IF we lose to BC.

In my humble opinion, he has to beat BC to retain his job.
Agree with this. Seems like a throw away game, end of the year, gonna be cold, small crowd, we have a bowl bid locked up ... but you could make an argument its Dino's biggest game of the year.

Another important aspect of this game is that if we win, we’re 500 in conference. If we lose, we’re last in the division yet again.

Last edited:

The last 2 weeks have been the most disappointing. You can excuse Clemson, Notre Dame, and Pitt due to Shrader's injury. Losing to FSU isn't a big deal. But to be completely non competitive at home? Losing to Wake is not so bad. But to give up 35 unanswered points? The final score was closer than the game was IMO. Being down 24 in the 4th Q is not a good performance.

But in the end a L is a L doesn't matter what the score was. None of those 5 were bad teams or teams we should have beaten. This week we are playing a bad team and are playing a team we should beat. It would completely throw away the 6-0 start.

If we win then I have hope for next year. If we lose, I am off the being content with keeping Dino train.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!! HAVE AN EXTRA PIECE OF PIE WITH A DOLLOP OF WHIPPED CREAM OR SCOOP OF ICE CREAM.:)

I changed my mind after thinking about all the injuries to key people on the roster and how it has affected our performance.

I do not agree.

Injuries are an unfortunate part of football. And we aren’t the only college team that has had to deal with them throughout this season.

But, the injured for us, are players who would have been very important in every game.

I had hoped that if we stayed healthy after the 6-0 run, our season was going to be a good one. However, way back in the Louisville game there were dings to key players including Sean Tucker and Marlowe Wax.

And, OUT FOR THE SEASON: Stefon Thompson, part of a three LB set who were expected to be among the top five at their positions in the ACC. Add Chris Elmore who last year helped open holes for Sean. That’s big. Also, Terry Lockett and Denis Jasquez, defensive players who thinned a defensive line which already had the least depth on the roster.

Then there were Garret Shrader out since Clemson, just back but still not 100%, Mikel Jones, the best LB we have, I have not seen or heard about since Wake, and Derek McDonald, (back now), there have been others. Because of our difficult schedule we needed them but we did the best we could.

So, I hope we do beat BC. It will serve to make everyone feel better about our season going into the bowl game – and should we win that even better. It’s been tough getting to where we are but I believe we can win out from here. I hope so.

Dino has had nothing to do with injuries and I believe he will be around with Anae and Beck for a long time.

Last edited:
OUT FOR THE SEASON: Stefon Thompson, part of a three LB set who were expected to be top five at their positions in the ACC. Add Chris Elmore who last year helped open holes for Sean. That’s big. Terry Lockett and Denis Jasquez defensive players who thinned a defensive line which already had the least depth on the roster.
Dont forget Simmons. He was in the rotation early.

BC is very one dimensional on offense...They throw the ball. And they primarily throw the ball to one guy.
Hopefully, Coach White brings heat up the middle and puts two guys on Flowers most of the game.
The CUSE offense looked a bit more "chipper" last week on the road vs WF. Shrader looked like he could run
and Tucker looked like he had a bit more power. More receivers were involved.
CUSE needs this win...BIG TIME!! Would ANY team deserve a bowl bid on a 6 game losing streak?
Time we played to our potential in all 3 phases.
CUSE34
BC 17

I changed my mind after thinking about all the injuries to key people on the roster and how it has affected our performance.

I do not agree.

Injuries are an unfortunate part of football. And we aren’t the only college team that has had to deal with them throughout this season.

But, the injured for us, are players who would have been very important in every game.

I had hoped that if we stayed healthy after the 6-0 run, our season was going to be a good one. However, way back in the Louisville game there were dings to key players including Sean Tucker and Marlowe Wax.

And, OUT FOR THE SEASON: Stefon Thompson, part of a three LB set who were expected to be among the top five at their positions in the ACC. Add Chris Elmore who last year helped open holes for Sean. That’s big. Also, Terry Lockett and Denis Jasquez, defensive players who thinned a defensive line which already had the least depth on the roster.

Then there were Garret Shrader out since Clemson, just back but still not 100%, Mikel Jones, the best LB we have, I have not seen or heard about since Wake, and Derek McDonald, (back now), there have been others. Because of our difficult schedule we needed them but we did the best we could.

So, I hope we do beat BC. It will serve to make everyone feel better about our season going into the bowl game – and should we win that even better. It’s been tough getting to where we are but I believe we can win out from here. I hope so.

Dino has had nothing to do with injuries and I believe he will be around with Anae and Beck for a long time.
Losing a viable backup QB in Lamson in the spring turned out to be the biggest injury.
He might have carried us through the end of the Clemson game. Probably the Notre Dame game, we might not have won, but Garrett could have sat and gotten healthy.

Losing a viable backup QB in Lamson in the spring turned out to be the biggest injury.
He might have carried us through the end of the Clemson game. Probably the Notre Dame game, we might not have won, but Garrett could have sat and gotten healthy.
I would like to think that but it’s too small of a sample size to say all that.

I think a lot of the O improvement had to do with who we were playing. Look at all the receivers who caught balls vs UConn and Wagner. Just saying.
I think everyone is forgetting that the D is the problem, not the offense at this point. For the last game, all BC needs to have is a good runner that gets 3-4 yards every play. The MOB is not the same MOB anymore.
This has been a consistent strategy for every loss so far, and it is blatantly obvious.

I think everyone is forgetting that the D is the problem, not the offense at this point. For the last game, all BC needs to have is a good runner that gets 3-4 yards every play. The MOB is not the same MOB anymore.
This has been a consistent strategy for every loss so far, and it is blatantly obvious.

The offense scored 12 points in two games prior to the WF game. All 3 sides of the ball are an issue right now, our punting is insanely bad and has cost us a ton of field position. The MOB isn’t the MOB anymore because they’re all injured. At least that side of the ball has an excuse and the backups have played hard. The offense doesn’t have too many excuses. Sure, GS got injured but of course he did, we run him like a RB every game. And if Tucker really is/was injured we’ve got two capable backups that can’t see the field most of the year. So the offense is a far bigger issue.

The offense scored 12 points in two games prior to the WF game. All 3 sides of the ball are an issue right now, our punting is insanely bad and has cost us a ton of field position. The MOB isn’t the MOB anymore because they’re all injured. At least that side of the ball has an excuse and the backups have played hard. The offense doesn’t have too many excuses. Sure, GS got injured but of course he did, we run him like a RB every game. And if Tucker really is/was injured we’ve got two capable backups that can’t see the field most of the year. So the offense is a far bigger issue.
Good points all around. But, when you have to have someone give instructions to the field constantly, when ACC refs let the hurry offense roll... AKA not prepared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom