We're going to win the BC game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We're going to win the BC game

It's the last game of the year, so I'd hope so.
It was BC's senior day in 2018. SU plastered them. I mean Dungey mostly plastered them. I believe Dino is undefeated in Alumni Stadium.

Last edited:
BC game similarities between 2022 and 1979? Let's hope not.

There doesn't seem to be much on the internet about the 1979 BC game. That was the year SU played all 11 games on the road and qualified for the Independence Bowl vs McNeese State - SU's first bowl since 1966 (!).

BC came into the game with a pitiful 2-6 record (only wins were over Villanova and Army). SU was having a very good season looking to move to 7-4 with a win over this weak BC team. SU only had lost to Ohio State (11-1), Penn State (8-4), Pitt (who was a national power at the time, 11-1), and Temple (a team that went 10-2).

The game was played at Schoellkopf Field at Cornell. BC was SU's final regular season game of the year. SU with Joe Morris, Bill Hurley, Art Monk, Craig Wolfley, Gordon Gronkowski, Gary Anderson, Jim Collins, etc was supposed to roll this team. Well guess what, BC walked out of there with a 27-10 win. Shocking. It was bad.

I'm finished with predicting wins this year.
giphy (20).gif

Well when it comes2 this football team and complete mediocrity or the last five games not even close to that to pretty much be a top-15 team to pretty much falling off the freaking football planet, a 50-point game against BC will lift your spirits huh, well it may lift yours but it won't even be a blip on the freaking radar for everybody else's unfortunately. Well, outside of this website of course.
At this point it doesn't mean anything well I be happy, for a moment it's sure better than a loss but this is about the big picture, not one game and that's what seems to be lacking big time with some people surrounding this program.

You know maybe it hasn't come out yet and I hope that is the case because they nothing happens which is what I think is the way it's going to go because it just seems to always go that way then we could potentially be in tremendous trouble depending on what happens with realignment and well that's it!
BIG PICTURE SU!!!!
Geez dude, go take a walk in the sunshine or play with a puppy. You need some joy.

And when you're in a happier place, maybe rewrite that last paragraph so the rest of us can figure out what it means.

I’m going to go out and say it, and some people aren’t going to be happy about it

But if this team, with injuries etc, can not beat this lowly Boston College team, Dino should be fired.

The potential and probability would be that we would end up with a losing season IF we lose to BC.

In my humble opinion, he has to beat BC to retain his job.

Geez dude, go take a walk in the sunshine or play with a puppy. You need some joy.

And when you're in a happier place, maybe rewrite that last paragraph so the rest of us can figure out what it means.

Maybe he should stay away from any puppies after reading his post twice. Just hit the sunshine and call it a day.

I’m going to go out and say it, and some people aren’t going to be happy about it

But if this team, with injuries etc, can not beat this lowly Boston College team, Dino should be fired.

The potential and probability would be that we would end up with a losing season IF we lose to BC.

In my humble opinion, he has to beat BC to retain his job.

There’s nothing wrong with saying that and at the same time saying it’s a mostly successful season if we win….. if we win the bowl game too I’ll consider it a great season.

Weather in Chestnut Hill Saturday night... low/mid 40s West wind around 10 mph. little chance of precip.
I liked what I saw from the O against Wake. Many receivers involved, Allen got some run, Shrader looked to be about 80%.
First one to 30 wins...

Weather in Chestnut Hill Saturday night... low/mid 40s West wind around 10 mph. little chance of precip.
I liked what I saw from the O against Wake. Many receivers involved, Allen got some run, Shrader looked to be about 80%.
First one to 13 wins...
FIFY

There’s nothing wrong with saying that and at the same time saying it’s a mostly successful season if we win….. if we win the bowl game too I’ll consider it a great season.

Agreed, if we win vs BC and win the bowl the argument that we all thought in preseason that the stretch of NC State-Wake was going to be really really tough for us we just happened to pick up an extra win with NC State.

Have to 100% beat BC

Let’s talk a bit more about the OL for the BC game.

I am going to assume Ellis is not going to be able to play. He looked bad when he came out. I think we will be fortunate if he can return for the bowl game.

Guessing we have the same situation with Chris Bleich. Sounds like his hip kept getting worse as the season progressed, to the point where him playing hurt (great respect for that), was actually hurting the offense. So I don’t think he will be back Saturday. Maybe for the bowl game.

Thinking Bergeron has a good chance to return for BC. For the purposes of this post, let’s discuss what would happen if Bergeron returns and the other injured guys do not.

It is a given that if Bergeron plays, he will play LT. I thought Davis was solid at RG. Had his best game of the year. I think we can write him in there in pen.

Then the decisions get harder. I think Enrique Cruz has been good from the point he finally started to get PT and to me, it looks like he gets more comfortable and better each game. I want to say he is going to be the RT.

But Vet was serviceable at RT. Everyone is going to remember the hold that cost us a TD but overall, he played well at RT. Probably better than Davis had been doing there. And it was nice to not have 2 or 3 illegal procedure penalties from the center in a game. Like Vet a lot but he was never able to control his bad habits and those unforced error penalties hurt us. Thought overall. Ilaoa probably was a small improvement over Vet at center. I think I would go with Ilaoa at center again, and leave Vet at RT.

That leaves the LG position, which Bradford covered quite well in his first real playing time. Don’t have a problem with him there but I think our best lineup for Saturday has Enrique playing LG instead of Jakob.

LT Bergeron
LG Cruz
C Ilaoa
RG Davis
RT Veterello

That looks to me like our best lineup here.

As an aside, here is an early prediction for the starters at OL next season. I am going to assume Davis and Vet graduate and are gone. I am going to assume Bergeron decides to head to the NFL and that Bleich decides his body has had enough. This is a worst case, nuclear winter type situation. Hope at least one or two of these guys return.

Anyway, if they all go, I think this is what we are looking at…..

LT E Cruz
LG Bradford
C Ilaoa
RG J Cruz
RT Petry

I know many are down on Hoeh, who got a lot of playing time this season filling infor Rhino, and has really struggled. But he is well regarded by the coaching staff and his future is at OG or C. Would not be surprised to see him jump up and take a starting spot.

For a long time, I thought it was a lock that we would be taking a transfer at center in this class, be it JUCO or someone from a 4 year school, but Ilaoa played well against Wake and that might change our recruiting strategy. If he starts at center against BC and plays well, maybe we use that scholarship elsewhere?

At the least, it would be great to get an experienced player at tackle and and another at guard, where there are also openings and lots of playing time available.

Let’s talk a bit more about the OL for the BC game.

I am going to assume Ellis is not going to be able to play. He looked bad when he came out. I think we will be fortunate if he can return for the bowl game.

Guessing we have the same situation with Chris Bleich. Sounds like his hip kept getting worse as the season progressed, to the point where him playing hurt (great respect for that), was actually hurting the offense. So I don’t think he will be back Saturday. Maybe for the bowl game.

Thinking Bergeron has a good chance to return for BC. For the purposes of this post, let’s discuss what would happen if Bergeron returns and the other injured guys do not.

It is a given that if Bergeron plays, he will play LT. I thought Davis was solid at RG. Had his best game of the year. I think we can write him in there in pen.

Then the decisions get harder. I think Enrique Cruz has been good from the point he finally started to get PT and to me, it looks like he gets more comfortable and better each game. I want to say he is going to be the RT.

But Vet was serviceable at RT. Everyone is going to remember the hold that cost us a TD but overall, he played well at RT. Probably better than Davis had been doing there. And it was nice to not have 2 or 3 illegal procedure penalties from the center in a game. Like Vet a lot but he was never able to control his bad habits and those unforced error penalties hurt us. Thought overall. Ilaoa probably was a small improvement over Vet at center. I think I would go with Ilaoa at center again, and leave Vet at RT.

That leaves the LG position, which Bradford covered quite well in his first real playing time. Don’t have a problem with him there but I think our best lineup for Saturday has Enrique playing LG instead of Jakob.

LT Bergeron
LG Cruz
C Ilaoa
RG Davis
RT Veterello
I would swap Cruz and Vet for BC.

How about you go play with yourself or a puppy, "Great 1 by the way" and oh yea me and u, we go way back . Do yourself a favor and stick to the topic or don't say anything because you're not cut out for it.
I am in a completely happy place until the conversation of Syracuse football and basketball comes up cause there is or seems to be complete enorment amount of stupidity surrounding these 2 programs and simple decision making.
It's so hilarious to me that every single time I ask a very relevant question either it's outside of some people's understanding Which which I can imagine that being the case because it's not that hard to figure out But some just cannot stop coming back with that lame attempt Talking about grammar and what not.
I am a busy man So I just use the microphone and sometimes it comes out the way it comes Out But I'm sure it's fine I'm sure it's just because some here are just boehiem disciples n And he can do no wrong Lol which makes no sense to me since we just lost the colgate from the 2nd consecutive year

Should win easy as BC looks like a bad FCS team right now. If we lose Babers shouldn't be allowed back on the the bus or plane.

They’re taking the train.

Should win easy as BC looks like a bad FCS team right now. If we lose Babers shouldn't be allowed back on the the bus or plane.
eh they aren't that terrible, but we absolutely need to/should win this game

Well when it comes2 this football team and complete mediocrity or the last five games not even close to that to pretty much be a top-15 team to pretty much falling off the freaking football planet, a 50-point game against BC will lift your spirits huh, well it may lift yours but it won't even be a blip on the freaking radar for everybody else's unfortunately. Well, outside of this website of course.
At this point it doesn't mean anything well I be happy, for a moment it's sure better than a loss but this is about the big picture, not one game and that's what seems to be lacking big time with some people surrounding this program.

You know maybe it hasn't come out yet and I hope that is the case because they nothing happens which is what I think is the way it's going to go because it just seems to always go that way then we could potentially be in tremendous trouble depending on what happens with realignment and well that's it!
BIG PICTURE SU!!!!
Wha?

Everyone is going to remember the hold that cost us a TD but overall, he played well at RT.

I try not to be a ref complainer (try, but not always succeed). But that was one of the weakest holds I have ever seen called.

How about you go play with yourself or a puppy, "Great 1 by the way" and oh yea me and u, we go way back . Do yourself a favor and stick to the topic or don't say anything because you're not cut out for it.
I am in a completely happy place until the conversation of Syracuse football and basketball comes up cause there is or seems to be complete enorment amount of stupidity surrounding these 2 programs and simple decision making.
It's so hilarious to me that every single time I ask a very relevant question either it's outside of some people's understanding Which which I can imagine that being the case because it's not that hard to figure out But some just cannot stop coming back with that lame attempt Talking about grammar and what not.
I am a busy man So I just use the microphone and sometimes it comes out the way it comes Out But I'm sure it's fine I'm sure it's just because some here are just boehiem disciples n And he can do no wrong Lol which makes no sense to me since we just lost the colgate from the 2nd consecutive year
42c0352bc2b4e275b8ff4a0ccbbe11f0.jpg

Wha?
Wha?
Look, I'm pretty sure you know are you get the gist of what I am saying! Typing on the phone sometimes takes too damn long so this is the alternative a lot of times.
Long story short we will be left behind. That is a very real possibility if the trustees, wildhack whoever don't grow a pair and do what needs to be done.
There is some potential 4 the football program and especially the basketball program but I think we know that is not going to happen with babers he's been here long enough to see that and JB is way past his prime. Coaching is a perishable skill and at this point it just looks like straight up selfishness if he goes past this season!
Syracuse has a pretty big fan base Nationwide I think it's number one in the ACC behind only Notre Dame who's only a partial member obviously due to you know all these people leaving the area over the years but I don't think that's going to be enough4 the big two or maybe even the Big 12 after it's all said and done to get them in if they are still losing like this but we'll see I mean we don't even know what's going to happen with realignment yet.

Look, I'm pretty sure you know are you get the gist of what I am saying! Typing on the phone sometimes takes too damn long so this is the alternative a lot of times.
Long story short we will be left behind. That is a very real possibility if the trustees, wildhack whoever don't grow a pair and do what needs to be done.
There is some potential 4 the football program and especially the basketball program but I think we know that is not going to happen with babers he's been here long enough to see that and JB is way past his prime. Coaching is a perishable skill and at this point it just looks like straight up selfishness if he goes past this season!
Syracuse has a pretty big fan base Nationwide I think it's number one in the ACC behind only Notre Dame who's only a partial member obviously due to you know all these people leaving the area over the years but I don't think that's going to be enough4 the big two or maybe even the Big 12 after it's all said and done to get them in if they are still losing like this but we'll see I mean we don't even know what's going to happen with realignment yet.
I really hope the ACC stays alive but in my opinion they're going to need to renegotiate that deal because they will just or that Gap will continue to widen and widen and widen and I hear that there is a clause hours of the grant of rights that is eight schools say they want to leave including Notre Dame which I don't think was very smart on the acc's part that it can end and they can go the schools that is to the SEC or the Big Ten

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom