Were the announcers biased? | Syracusefan.com

Were the announcers biased?

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Or just talking us up because we completely destroyed UCONN?

Reading some other teams forums it seems that a common theme from the "left-behind to die in the Big East" crowd is that the ESPN announcers were blatantly rooting for us and showing complete homerism for our program. The Syracuse in the media complaint along with moving to the ACC being the reasoning.

I do have to admit that comparing Ashton Broyld to Cam Newton was pretty funny lol.

I heard the commentators building up the Big East. They discussed the fact that the Big East has more teams ranked than the ACC and B1G combined (and they didn't qualify Rutgers powder-puff OOC schedule). Also they praised the Big East continually for "not being dead". Though I loved it when Mike Tirico was in the booth and he flatly stated that Syracuse had to move because the big East was doing nothing in football. The announcers even raised the potential of a seventh Big Game and a Big East tie-in, keeping the Big East as a power conference.

I think it comes down to people hearing what they want to hear and ignoring the facts.

Gilmore was slurping SU the entire game, but Blackburn wasn't bias towards SU. Typically announcers calling their alma mater's games go out of the way to be perceived neutral. The only thing Gilmore said that was ridiculous was the mentioned Cam Newton-Ash Broyld comparison. I am assuming the complaining came from RU fans, as UConn fans were probably more angry at P&D to care what the announcers said. These two weren't like the BTN crew from the Minnesota game who were changing their octaves on plays when SU did something and then going crazy when Minnesota did something. RU fans are probably angry SU got any props whatsoever from the announcers. I could careless what RU fans think as there best win of the year is coin flip between us and a 2-4 Arkansas team.