Western Michigan | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Western Michigan

P5 wins are a big deal to the MAC, but they're especially big when they're taken away by something like what happened. Most of us who have been fans for a while remember that game. You can conclude that i'm a troll if you want to, I hate Toledo anyway so I really could care less.

That was one moment in the game - sure near the end - but we still had to win in in OT.

As hysterical as people got on the game thread Cordy was good all game. He was physically mismatched with Clemson’s giants but he stuck with guys better than Bama’s secondary and made plays, they picked on him but he didn’t get beaten like a drum.
Deleted my original response because I hate seeming like Im picking on players. I think Trill at corner gives us a better opportunity at not only breaking up big plays, but forcing turnovers. Cordy has a tendency to commit PI fairly often as well, whether called or not.

I'm not sure Cordy is a 'good' DB per se but I thought he battled admirably against some absolute stud receivers. WAs generally impressed with his play even while getting beat at times. He has some bad habits but I like the fight at least.

Looking at this game i give Western a huge edge at QB, WR, OL and RB. We have superior talent at every position on defense with the exception of DT which i give to Western. We are much better in the kicking game. Return teams are a push.
Their QB is excellent and will be one of the top 3-4 QBs we face this year. Unless the D plays lights out we are in for a very difficult game.

The one thing you left out is coaching. I know I'm not allowed to post this but Dino and co. have been out-coached three times this season. I like the guy, think he's really good on balance, but this hasn't been pretty through three weeks.

Clemson we battled hard and a few bounces go our way that one might have been fairly close but we had absolutely no answer for clemson disguising and timing their blitzes. Now, we are faaaarrrrr from the only team that will be victimized by that and better talent would help. But still, it was like a clinic watching their defense go to work against us. Maryland's offense put up 63 and didn't actually really play after scoring on their first drive of the third quarter. We had zero answers. We shut down Liberty on the scoreboard but narrowly escaped that game being much closer and we did absolutely nothing offensively. Are we playing vanilla? Maybe, but that hardly goes down as one of dino's better games here.

So while I"m a dino fan, generally, it would be really nice to see us reverse the trend and put an opponent in bad spots with some key gameplan decisions.

The one thing you left out is coaching. I know I'm not allowed to post this but Dino and co. have been out-coached three times this season. I like the guy, think he's really good on balance, but this hasn't been pretty through three weeks.

Clemson we battled hard and a few bounces go our way that one might have been fairly close but we had absolutely no answer for clemson disguising and timing their blitzes. Now, we are faaaarrrrr from the only team that will be victimized by that and better talent would help. But still, it was like a clinic watching their defense go to work against us. Maryland's offense put up 63 and didn't actually really play after scoring on their first drive of the third quarter. We had zero answers. We shut down Liberty on the scoreboard but narrowly escaped that game being much closer and we did absolutely nothing offensively. Are we playing vanilla? Maybe, but that hardly goes down as one of dino's better games here.

So while I"m a dino fan, generally, it would be really nice to see us reverse the trend and put an opponent in bad spots with some key gameplan decisions.

Weird. Thought you were going to go with “given Dino’s three year track record here” not “given the last two games”

Good post. I hope Dino and the coaches bring their A game today.

Nice game. I was surprised with Devito, he's come a long way since last year.
As WMU fan I feel like we beat ourselves a little bit. spotted you a big lead and had to try to come back (again). Once Bellamy went out it we didn't have the horses (ha!) to keep up.

Go win some games now so this loss doesn't look as bad as it feels.

For me, I liked how the D maned up at the end of the game. One issue that still concerns me is poor tackling. Certainly, a back, with that extra burst, can take it to the house. We need to improve on our one-on-one tackling. We gave too much extra yardage with our poor tackling. We must fix that, moving forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom