What’s up with Guerrier? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What’s up with Guerrier?

You’re not wrong, but not sure he is an offensive 3 in today’s game.
which is why as I said in the game thread...he might be the first guy in forever I think should stay. He’s not even going to get a chance to improve if he leaves unlike the other guys who left and at least got a G team spot or whatever,

he doesnt have the size or athleticism to get drafted, hes not a knock down shooter, and he can’t finish against big guys.

he can’t grow overnight so he needs to learn how to finish at his size at least against college level players or it’s over for him.

Last edited:
The cynic in me believes JB is rolling out his "why it's a mistake for Guerrier to declare for the draft" talking points.

i don’t know...he can’t finish, man. It’s pump fakes and pivots until he either flips it at the rim or passes it back to someone. He put buddy in a bad spot about 4 times tonight

Whats all this hurt talk? Has anyone heard anything about him actually being hurt? He looked absolutely fine on that fast break slamming it home. He hasn't been playing good and he's missed so many easy shots around the rim.
He has missed his share of bunnies this year, but tonight I don't recall any easy ones. Trying to score over someone 4 inches taller than you bodied up in the post or with a baby hook with your off hand is not easy. He actually surprises me at how well he was doing it early in the year, just didn't have the touch tonight.

I think he's an undersized 4 that has been told not to settle for jumpers. But the OP is right, the effort wasn't there tonight especially on D.

He has missed his share of bunnies this year, but tonight I don't recall any easy ones. Trying to score over someone 4 inches taller than you bodied up in the post or with a baby hook with your off hand is not easy. He actually surprises me at how well he was doing it early in the year, just didn't have the touch tonight.

I think he's an undersized 4 that has been told not to settle for jumpers. But the OP is right, the effort wasn't there tonight especially on D.

Here’s what he does ... he gets into good scoring position down low and then won’t shoot it .. but rather maneuvers into a WORSE position and then misses ... it happens over and over and over

Let's be honest with ourselves. He's just not that good.

He is an average ACC player. Which for SU this year, is good enough to be your best player.

He is small to play power forward. He cannot handle the ball (SEE: dribbling the ball straight out of bounds). He is not athletic enough to jump over people like Grant or any number of other SU forwards. And he isn't a good enough knockdown shooter.

The guy is an average ACC player. And there is nothing wrong with that. Except this team needs him to be a superstar. He is not that.

QG is an undersized PF. His solid rebounding and activity makes up for his lack of size, underwhelming athleticism and inability to finish against bigger players. Same as with the other starting frontcourt players, he’s out of position and not a great fit.

The cynic in me believes JB is rolling out his "why it's a mistake for Guerrier to declare for the draft" talking points.
It's a mistake for Q to think he will be drafted. Just like it's a mistake to think that Q will be effective as a back to the basket, post up player against legit ACC bigs. It's a spillover effect of not having, recruiting, or developing a 5 which in turn "forces" players to play out of position. That's not a Q problem, that's a top down problem.

zero effort tonight. Was not even jumping for boards. And these last two games he REFUSES to shoot any sort of jump shot. The defenses have now backed off of him to the FT line. I don’t know if JB has told him not to shoot or what. But zero effort from him tonight. Very strange.

Up is up with Guerrier. He's 6-7 going up against a 7 footer.

Q (like everyone else on the team) is playing out of position. I mean aside from Joe we have 5-6 of the same guy out there. Heck might as well play buddy at center.

Q (like everyone else on the team) is playing out of position. I mean aside from Joe we have 5-6 of the same guy out there. Heck might as well play buddy at center.
Someone mentioned that, seriously, weeks back. Incredible moment.

So if he plays the three and still can’t dribble or shoot consistently, how does that make us any better?

just an honest question.

Enigmatic? Maybe playing through undisclosed injury again? Spent from too many minutes? Has checked out?
Discuss.

It’s a slump playing against some bigger and longer players. Nothing more, for me.

Oops. Sorry. Feel free to merge :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom