What a Great Scenario (at least in one respect) | Syracusefan.com

What a Great Scenario (at least in one respect)

Nicknack

All Conference
Can you imagine the melt down that would occur to much of the ACC if we ended up playing Pitt for the title? That would probably be their worst nightmare. The last thing that Tobacco road schools want is for a newbie from the north to come down and win their precious tournament. Having two newbies playing for the tournament, oh man, that would be epic. There wouldn't like be a soul from Dook or UNC watching. My father-in-law (a Dook alumn) has told me over the years when UNC loses, there is a huge departure of fans in the stadium because they dominate attendance.

Now that all being said, I don't really want to play Pittsburgh if I'm strictly concerned with the match up. Yeah, we won both this year, but I just don't care to play them again because as much as I would love an all Big East (I mean ACC) final, I want us to be in the best position possible to win!

Actually my father-in-law invited me to come with him to Greensboro. However, the thought of watching 'Cuse play Dook sitting right next to him was enough to turn my stomach. Therefore I made up an excuse about having to work. I would much rather watch the game in the friendly confines of my garage where I am an arm length distance from the (beer) fridge, a 90" screen and can scream as loud as I want along with tossing vulgarities the more I consume without offending anyone. :) That is, of course, if we even face Dook. He is a nice man but a very arrogant Dook fan... oh what a surprise!!

the scenario for the Cuse to win the ACC, but not get a 1...is by beating pitt.

here we go.....

If Cuse and Pitt get into the final, I may have to drive down, snag a cheap ticket and see the Southern hospitality of Greensboro up close. Only a six hour drive.

If Cuse and Pitt get into the final, I may have to drive down, snag a cheap ticket and see the Southern hospitality of Greensboro up close. Only a six hour drive.

Under 5 hours from here. I'd consider it.

Under 5 hours from here. I'd consider it.

There will be PLENTY of tickets for sale, particularly as UNC fans are now exiting Greensboro early. One downer to Pitt winning is that the UNC contingency won't be able to support (in person) ANY team that is playing against Duke because most of their fans aren't staying. If both teams win tonight and we end up playing Duke, UNC fans would have rooted against Duke in a very big way.

Oh well... I'm still concerned with the game at hand tonight. However, I think we come VERY ready to play as will NC St. The difference, unfortunately for NC St., is that we are the better team. The main reason that the game went down to the wire in Syracuse was because of a limited Center position (Keita injury) and we were not playing that well. With all of our guys healthy and us hopefully playing better on offense (like we did against FSU), NC St. will see a much different team.

Tin foil time - in terms of not getting the calls against Duke... we haven't seen anything yet.

the scenario for the Cuse to win the ACC, but not get a 1...is by beating pitt.

here we go...
Disagree. If Pitt beats UVA tomorrow and we win the ACC on Sunday, I think we get a 1 in the East. We'd definitely be ahead of UVA and Duke in that scenario, same with Villanova. I think Kansas will be the 2 in the Midwest. Only possible problem would be Wisconsin (but in that situation we would both most likely be in the East; so the 1/2 does't really matter).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom