What are Coyle's options IF not Babers? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What are Coyle's options IF not Babers?

Then he must believe his own hype.
God forbid a coach be confident that his system will work, especially when he's seen it succeed first hand first as an assistant at Baylor, and then at Eastern Illinois (which was 4-18 in the two seasons before he got there) and then at Bowling Green.

We interviewed Frost.

We interviewed Ash.

I suppose the next options are Windy, Stormy, Rainy and the rest of the crew at the Bunny Ranch. :p

What about Sneezy, Grumpy, Happy, Doc, Bashful and at the bottom of the list are Dopey and Sleepy. Dopey and Sleepy would not be good candidates because of intelligence and work ethic, pretty obvious.

I wonder what Coyle's realistic options are at this point. It always seemed to me that if we shot too high (which I don't mind) we would strike out a few times. C'est la vie. There are simply better jobs out there at the moment and we need a little luck or we have to take a bit of a risk.

Certainly, there are a lot of good coaches left out there, but I wonder if they would be interested in SU. Many of the attractive names have been mentioned with other jobs (most now filled, but not with SU. Riley, Brohm and Montgomery appear qualified to different degrees, but only Riley's name has been mentioned with SU. Some of the younger coaches may simply leverage for a raise and wait for a better opportunity another year.

This is like draft day - who is the best on the board when it is your turn? I always thought Babers would fall to us because of his age, job hopping, and somewhat brief experience as HC. I also believe that SU is the best job he can land as well.

A stealth candidate? Sure, that is always a possibility, but a long shot in my view.

The only thing we know for sure is that Ed Orgeron wants the job!
I do not get how so many assume Babers is not the guy. He has not said anything about not considering SU - when he did with UCF. He just played in the championship game. What was he supposed to say last night? They get back to campus - he gets the team together - he tells them he is leaving - school decides if he coaches the bowl game. This happens all the time.

Coyle deserves a lot more credit for knowing what he is doing than he gets out here from people with no insight into the procedure. And if Babers made commitment this week - I am assuming that he did - he is not going to walk away hoping more and more "better" options emerge. He does not have enough juice to pull off playing games.

Substitute Packers with Orange and listen to Aaron Rodgers people.

I do not get how so many assume Babers is not the guy. He has not said anything about not considering SU - when he did with UCF. He just played in the championship game. What was he supposed to say last night? They get back to campus - he gets the team together - he tells them he is leaving - school decides if he coaches the bowl game. This happens all the time.

Coyle deserves a lot more credit for knowing what he is doing than he gets out here from people with no insight into the procedure. And if Babers made commitment this week - I am assuming that he did - he is not going to walk away hoping more and more "better" options emerge. He does not have enough juice to pull off playing games.

He won't be coaching any bowl game if he signs a contract with another school in a day or so. He may even take some of his coaching staff on his way out the door before the bowl game which would be tough for BGSU.

I think that everyone is fearing the worst. Coyle has already been high on a Pac 12 OC and a B1G DC. He does not seem to be committed to hiring an offensive guy and that bothers some of us.

As for Babers, we really don't know what his options are and it is nerve racking watching him on national TV with the announcers talking about him.

Again, for the record, Babers will be our next HC in my orangest of orange opinions.

We interviewed Frost.

We interviewed Ash.

I suppose the next options are Windy, Stormy, Rainy and the rest of the crew at the Bunny Ranch. :p

Now that Odom has recovered and won't be in jail, he can probably help with the options at the bunny ranch.

EIU is an FCS power and they had an NFL QB on the team , Garopolo.

Thank you, your response to Crusty that DB must believe his own hype and this answer makes my point.

You're just being negative to be negative. At least we have cleared that up.

I know we're all a bit nervous about this, but if Babers does not come to SU then where does he go? There's no indication South Carolina or Rutgers have much interest at this point, and those searches look to be winding down. He's not LDS, so BYU is likely out.

All I know is he's probably not taking the Tulane job

Thank you, your response to Crusty that DB must believe his own hype and this answer makes my point.

You're just being negative to be negative. At least we have cleared that up.
Delusional people always think realistic people are negative.

I know we're all a bit nervous about this, but if Babers does not come to SU then where does he go? There's no indication South Carolina or Rutgers have much interest at this point, and those searches look to be winding down. He's not LDS, so BYU is likely out.

All I know is he's probably not taking the Tulane job
Depending if there is movement of the current coaches maybe Arizona or Cal.

I just woke up did we lose Babers thats what the. Post makes it sound like
exactly my thought and then I saw this thread and went into an arrest at first. stop scaring me folks fer crissakes

exactly my thought and then I saw this thread and went into an arrest at first. stop scaring me folks fer crissakes
LOL Sorry folks, I really was trying to make the point that Babers is Coyle's best option here.

My thinking is, Coyle will hire a good coach.

Knowing we may have been so close to Babers though, a lot of people might not care.

Upstate NY mentality...it is bred into us

Depending if there is movement of the current coaches maybe Arizona or Cal.

Yeah this is the only thing that worries me. Dykes is reportedly negotiating with Cal so hopefully they come to an agreement soon.

And South Carolina is so dumb if they hire Muschamp instead of RichRod (We're all rooting hard for this of course). They probably saw UGA hire Kirby Smart and thought they need to hire a "name" DC too, because it's the SEC and it's all about defense - those gimmick offenses won't work in the South

I think that everyone is fearing the worst. Coyle has already been high on a Pac 12 OC and a B1G DC. He does not seem to be committed to hiring an offensive guy and that bothers some of us.

As for Babers, we really don't know what his options are and it is nerve racking watching him on national TV with the announcers talking about him.

Not sure it's Coyle's job "to be committed to hiring an offensive guy". He's not the only one making the final hiring decision - BOT has something to say about it, no? He's looking to interview/present the best candidates (in his opinion).

Ash obviously was worthy of consideration, but that he "withdrew" may've indicated a defensive direction was deemed not being right for the program - whoever made that choice: Coyle, Ash or BOT.

Babers seems the best available option, as getting "offensive" looks to be the preferred direction. Feels more like 95-5 than Bees' 50-50. The interview is CYA.

OK. fixed the thread header. Better?
thanks, much better

LOL Sorry folks, I really was trying to make the point that Babers is Coyle's best option here.

understood, I'm conditioned to not expect good things for football. I need to talk myself off the ledge every once and a while. And Georgetown still sucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom