What are Coyle's options IF not Babers? | Syracusefan.com

What are Coyle's options IF not Babers?

Crusty

Living Legend
I wonder what Coyle's realistic options are at this point. It always seemed to me that if we shot too high (which I don't mind) we would strike out a few times. C'est la vie. There are simply better jobs out there at the moment and we need a little luck or we have to take a bit of a risk.

Certainly, there are a lot of good coaches left out there, but I wonder if they would be interested in SU. Many of the attractive names have been mentioned with other jobs (most now filled, but not with SU. Riley, Brohm and Montgomery appear qualified to different degrees, but only Riley's name has been mentioned with SU. Some of the younger coaches may simply leverage for a raise and wait for a better opportunity another year.

This is like draft day - who is the best on the board when it is your turn? I always thought Babers would fall to us because of his age, job hopping, and somewhat brief experience as HC. I also believe that SU is the best job he can land as well.

A stealth candidate? Sure, that is always a possibility, but a long shot in my view.

The only thing we know for sure is that Ed Orgeron wants the job!

Riley isn't an option, but I think that if Babers says no, Montgomery absolutely would be. But I also think Babers will be the guy.
This, although I'm not 100% sure on Monty

The 2 jobs Dino took were no brainer guaranteed success positions , Syracuse not so much.

I like Montgomery, but I just don't see him coming to SU. I think he probably stays at Tulsa another year or two and lands a plum job in the Southwest. He is a real Texas type guy.

The 2 jobs Dino took were no brainer guaranteed success positions , Syracuse not so much.
I bet Dino doesn't think that. He thinks his system will work anywhere.

All I know is that ever since Ash withdrew his name there has been complete silence, minus Cocky Wolken. When Frost was the guy there was a ton of chatter, when Ash appeared to be the guy, same thing. Since then, crickets. It makes me feel like Babers is the guy and we just cross our fingers he doesn't have a change of heart. If he does, maybe Wells on deck but hopefully doesn't come to that

Babers, Babers, Babers.

Brohm
Wells
Monty
Hudspeth
Baldwin

Riley
Moorhead
Moglia
McNeil

Babers, Babers, Babers.

Brohm
Wells
Monty
Hudspeth
Baldwin

Riley
Moorhead
Moglia
McNeil

I just think some of those guys wouldn't take the job I think Babers will!!!

At this point I think you write things just to be negative. When DB took over Eastern Illinois they had gone 2 - 9 that season and he was taking over for a coach that had been there 25 years. Guaranteed success and no brainer?????

Bowling Green was different, their coach left for the Wake Forest job. They had gone 10 - 4 and won the MAC championship. If DB comes in and doesn't do as well, lot of people wouldn't have been happy. Lot more scrutiny when you're taking over a winning program.

I personally don't think that many, outside the obvious name schools have hired a "better" coach than Babers or Brohm.

Just my opinion.

I personally don't think that many, outside the obvious name schools have hired a "better" coach than Babers or Brohm.

Just my opinion.

UVA, Iowa St and VT are the clear winners at this point. I think Miami will do very good under Richt as well.

images

Until Dino Babers withdraws from consideration. Just follow this.

Everything I have heard is that Syracuse has not been involved with Montgomery.
Well, I've heard different, but who knows?

Honestly, I don't think it matters because it's going to be Babers. Other potential interviews, at this point, are a "just in case" because Dino's a little bit mercurial so they're covering themselves just in case.

At this point I think you write things just to be negative. When DB took over Eastern Illinois they had gone 2 - 9 that season and he was taking over for a coach that had been there 25 years. Guaranteed success and no brainer?????

Bowling Green was different, their coach left for the Wake Forest job. They had gone 10 - 4 and won the MAC championship. If DB comes in and doesn't do as well, lot of people wouldn't have been happy. Lot more scrutiny when you're taking over a winning program.
EIU is an FCS power and they had an NFL QB on the team , Garopolo.

I just woke up did we lose Babers thats what the. Post makes it sound like

UVA, Iowa St and VT are the clear winners at this point. I think Miami will do very good under Richt as well.

Agreed, those are the 4 that I would consider home run hires and good coaches. If we can get Babers or Brohm, we should be added to that list.

Rocco said:
Babers, Babers, Babers. Brohm Wells Monty Hudspeth Baldwin Riley Moorhead Moglia McNeil

Haven't heard Moglia's name at all with any job. It will be a shame if all of our favorite Sports Illustrated Alum's articles were for naught.

I think y'all need to calm down because we may not hear anything until Monday.
Or, even Tuesday. But I refuse to calm down. Been waiting 15 years for this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom