What are Coyle's options IF not Babers? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What are Coyle's options IF not Babers?

Defensive guy. No thanks.
ECU averaged 100 yards more per game this year than SU. And 180 more yards per game than SU in 2014. And 100 more yards per game than SU in 2013. But don't let facts get in the way. I'll take a defensive HC whose team averaged 508 yards per game in 2014.

Like I said in the Post Game thread anything short of Babers and from a PR perspective it will be a fail. I have heard casual fans talking about it and Syracuse. If you want to start bringing the casual fan back to the dome then you have no choice but to close the deal with Babers. Anything less than Babers at this point probably no matter who it is will be a massive let down to the casual fan and they will think same ole same ole nothing is changing. Our football program needs Babers at this time.

The "typical" Syracuse fan doesn't read this board. They don't know Dino Babers from Justin Bieber. All they know is, (a) Is SU winning? (b) who are they playing? (c) is SU getting good publicity? (d) where do I park?

The "typical" Syracuse fan doesn't read this board. They don't know Dino Babers from Justin Bieber. All they know is, (a) Is SU winning? (b) who are they playing? (c) is SU getting good publicity? (d) where do I park?
and They charge how much for beer, now?!!!

OttoinGrotto said:
The Hell's an Andrew Luck Director of Offense?

AHC/OC/OL

Crusty said:
Certainly qualified, but seems like a longshot.

We may be interviewing him depending upon how today goes.

phil77 said:
Should make for an easy day for you mods

Yes, I can't ever recall a happy post being deleted.

Reports: UTC considering legal options to forbid the term "DinoDome to be used for the Internets and media broadcasts.

/S

OttoinGrotto said:
Challenge accepted

Well, unless its laden with profanity.

It's a Stanford big-money thing. They endow their head coaches (and at least one assistant, apparently). Google Johnny Dawkins. He's not called Stanford Head Coach; rather, "Anne and Tony Joseph Director of Men's Basketball".

options?? i suppose 1 is to dig a tunnel back into Syracuse, because i wont let the failure back in.

basically everybody and their freakin grandmother now have a coach, What is his problem??

babers to Cuse needs to be done TOMORROW.
Sorry the SUAD let you down again. ;)

I just want to wrap this thread up with some final comments.
While the details of the HC search are not known with any certainty, the reports/leaks paint a very favorable picture of our dynamic duo (yes, that's you Kent Syverud and Mark Coyle).
  1. Some reports say that we actually made offers to Frost, Ash, Durkin and Babers. Who knows? Probably a combination of strong expression of interest and offers. What is important is that all four were qualified candidates and realistic possibilities. Even more important is that all four landed very good jobs. No duds in the bunch!
  2. The most prevalent views are that we made only two real offers - both excellent offensive minds. IMO these two are the only ones that were likely to attract the type of skill players we have not been able to land for years. I think this may have been the critical element.
  3. Once they locked in on Babers, they apparently went after him quickly.
There is every indication that the duo knew what they were doing and got the best possible result. Can't do better than that.

Thanks guys!

^^ When you first mentioned "dynamic duo" I was afraid you were talking about these guys:

AG Duo.jpg

Stanford has so many rich alumni all of their HCs are endowed are named after a person.

Well after Andrew Luck finished at Stanford some alumni paid Stanford an insane amount of money to name the offensive coordinator position after Luck. So basically it is a wealthy way to call the guy the Offensive Coordinator at Stanford.

Stanford has so many rich alumni all of their HCs are endowed are named after a person.

Well after Andrew Luck finished at Stanford some alumni paid Stanford an insane amount of money to name the offensive coordinator position after Luck. So basically it is a wealthy way to call the guy the Offensive Coordinator at Stanford.
I can see it now. The "Crusty" defensive line coach

I don't know if I think that's cool or if I think that's ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom