What are we drinking today? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What are we drinking today?

Allagash White and might bring in some Leinenkugel's and Great South Bay Blood Orange Pale.

I like Leinenkugels. Years ago we stopped at Frankie's Pizza in Ashland, Wisconsin and said bring us a jug of whatever you sell the most of, and you guessed it! :) So now every time I go through Wisconsin I grab a box.

edit: and now I cheer for Wisconsin against all the rest of those B1G troglodyte mouth-breathers.

Last edited:
Say bud, what's in a "Stinky Pinky?"
The BAR KEEP puts down a Stinky Pinky in front of Mark.
"It's the house special: two parts gin, one part strawberry schnapps, one part O-amino acetomphetnome, which is the primary odor component of extract from the anal sac of a Japanese weasel. Some people hate 'em. I love 'em. This is my sixth one."

mark leyner "et tu babe"

Say bud, what's in a "Stinky Pinky?"
The BAR KEEP puts down a Stinky Pinky in front of Mark.
"It's the house special: two parts gin, one part strawberry schnapps, one part O-amino acetomphetnome, which is the primary odor component of extract from the anal sac of a Japanese weasel. Some people hate 'em. I love 'em. This is my sixth one."

mark leyner "et tu babe"

Never heard of the guy (and I'm reasonably well-read, if I do say so myself), so I looked around & found this:

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/10/13/b...-is-mark-leyner-a-legend-in-his-own-mind.html

... reminded me of Richard Fariña's "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me." Check it:

Fariña is known for his novel, Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me, originally published by Random House in 1966. The title comes from the Furry Lewis song "I Will Turn Your Money Green" ("I been down so long/It seem like up to me"). The novel, based largely on his college experiences and travels, is a comic picaresque novel, set in 1958 in the American West, in Cuba during the Cuban Revolution, and mostly at Cornell University (called "Mentor University" in the novel). The protagonist is Gnossos Pappadopoulis, who enjoys dope, feta cheese, Red Cap ale and retsina, attacks authority figures with anarchic glee and lusts after the girl in the green knee-socks while searching for the right karma. The book has become something of a cult classic among fans of 1960s and counterculture literature. Thomas Pynchon, who later dedicated his book Gravity's Rainbow (1973) to Fariña, described Fariña's novel as "coming on like the Hallelujah Chorus done by 200 kazoo players with perfect pitch... hilarious, chilling, sexy, profound, maniacal, beautiful, and outrageous all at the same time."
and now I apologize for the digression/hijacking.

images

These. I started out drinking wine last Sunday but realized I was messing with my NCAA tourney tradition. Once I switched back to these we went on that run in the second half against UVA. Not messing around tonight. Straight to these from the jump.

Alright so I heard one Wegmans in Rochester was going to sell KBS starting at 4:00. Left work early and got the last two bottles they had. The last two!!!

I went back to the beer section to get a few six-packs of other stuff, turned my back for a minute and the bottles were gone.

I'll be drinking Old Brown Dog early, Johnny Walker Platinum late (based on my assumption that we'll win).

bartender...another stinky pinky por favor...

london-perrantes.jpg

(i remember reading et tu babe on the deck of the ernest hemingway suite at the pier house in key west many years ago. gazing out at the ocean and the beautiful boats anchored there and laughing my ass off. somewhat hunter thompson-ish. fine rum and cigars add character)​

Last edited:
Four options:

IPA with Amarillo and Simcoe hops dry hopped with Citra.
Three Grain Saison - Saison with wheat and rye
Jalapeno Pale Ale
Black IPA bottled last night

All homebrewed

I must say those sound dynamite. All four are styles I really dig. Some good heat in the pale ale?

Hoegaardens

and "Cuse Bombs"... created in Hammondsport, NY at the fine establishment of Maloney's Pub

Red Bull and a little OJ.... Orange Vodka and a little Grand Marnier ... in a shot glass like this

upload_2016-4-2_14-10-6.jpeg

The best pepper/chili one I've had as someone mentioned before is, Ghost Face Killah, by Twisted Pine brewery out of Boulder. Actually sat and had one in the brewery while watching hoops a few weeks ago.

Awesome. Hope to sample that one sometime.

images

These. I started out drinking wine last Sunday but realized I was messing with my NCAA tourney tradition. Once I switched back to these we went on that run in the second half against UVA. Not messing around tonight. Straight to these from the jump.

You saved me a picture. Heady has some competition. Though i will have one of those as well.

I must say those sound dynamite. All four are styles I really dig. Some good heat in the pale ale?
Yes! The pale ale is my first attempt a chili beer. I love spicy food and jalapeno flavor. The beer has a nice pepper flavor up front, then distinct but not overpowering heat comes in on the back end. Someone who doesn't like heat and/or craft brews would probably spit this out, but it works wonderfully for me. BTW, as I'm typing this I'm in the process of brewing a honey golden pale ale. Be ready in about six weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom