What are you most excited to see this season? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What are you most excited to see this season?

I just can’t wait to see what the offense looks like.

It seems like it’s legitimately loaded at all of the skill positions and has the potential for a very good OL.

The HC isn’t committed to some dopey ‘scheme’ that he feels wedded to and he also seems smart enough to take advantage of matchup advantages based on the opponent.

The thought of watching them coming out each week and attacking the opponent using all these different weapons in varying ways is exciting - it’s what I’m looking forward to and has me counting down the days.

Simple for me...Being competitive in November. A program that is interactive with our fans. And a coach who doesn't speak to us like we are 5 years old. So far Im blown away with the exposure and direction of the program. Assistant coaches who do interviews and a HC who makes me want to put pads on and play. I cant wait.

I'm interested to see how we are at the LOS. I want to see if we can impose our will on opponents. Throwing bombs is exciting, but I have always loved those games when we could run on teams and there was nothing they could do to stop it. And when that has happened to us, is when I felt the most demoralized. I want us to make other teams feel that way.

Last edited:
just imagine 35k in a 50K dome vs 35K in a 42k dome. We are gonna look 15% more full without doing anything. The interesting part is instead of the uppderdecks looking empty it may be more of the pricey seats.
The students need to show up and stay up to make this happen. I hope Fran communicated his plan for getting student butts in all of those sections the school gave them, or that end of the Dome will look pathetic. They have been really good lately, and I hope they build on that momentum.

More vegan, keto, paleo and Afghani choices at concessions.
Fewer, "Holy Cow mister! You musta got in line twice when they issued those things" at the urinal trough.

I would LOVE to see WR’s be physical & high point the “50/50” ball, going after anything in the air. And seeing WR’s make just a few plays/catches they shouldn’t be able to make… feels like it’s been years since we’ve had a WR go up & make a physical/wow catch. I long for the days!

I would LOVE to see WR’s be physical & high point the “50/50” ball, going after anything in the air. And seeing WR’s make just a few plays/catches they shouldn’t be able to make… feels like it’s been years since we’ve had a WR go up & make a physical/wow catch. I long for the days!

Not true!!

Alford was amazing at making tough catches…

… it’s just that he was like 4” out of bounds all the time when it happened, so they didn’t count.

Not true!!

Alford was amazing at making tough catches…

… it’s just that he was like 4” out of bounds all the time when it happened, so they didn’t count.
Alford did have a few nice sideline catches, but need I remind you that 0.0% of them were through any physical contact of any kind ;)

We are gonna be a tough out this year. Our offense has many, many weapons and we are the farthest thing from one dimensional. Pick your poison.

Our defense will probably be the key. Will we be able to pressure the quarterback and of course stop you from doing what you want to do. I think we will.

Can this staff out scheme the opponents. Fran is such a p and d disciple that I think we will see a return to the 90s prominence on this front.

The talent will be there. He’s assembling that. Can we mix in the coaching and motivation to take this back to the future

our luck gameday will come the last game when the kids are gone and people stay home for family in a blizzard weekend.

our luck gameday will come the last game when the kids are gone and people stay home for family in a blizzard weekend.

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

A healthy QB all season long. It's been a while since that's happened.
Oline must keep QB upright. This QB isn’t winning with his legs. Gotta be the arm. As always, the season is going to go the way of the line. Let’s see one that can both pass protect and run the ball.