What away games next year are you considering attending? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What away games next year are you considering attending?

Liberty and Maryland 100%. Duke and NC State. 50-75%. All relatively close to Virginia Beach.

Probably Maryland and Duke. We had a great time at Maryland in 2013 and it's only a few hours away. Would also enjoy a trip to Duke. We were thinking Liberty but usually go to Alex Bay for the Blues Fest and NYS Fair that weekend.
Great minds think alike! I’m doing all the things you mentioned. See you in ABay, I know where to find you! Lol

Me:

Maryland 95% chance, it would take some catastrophe for me to miss this game.

Liberty 80%, would love for this to be a Friday night game. I had a blast this year at Western Michigan -- its so much fun to sit outside in a small stadium in warm weather when we have a great chance of winning.

FSU 30%, I've been wanting to scratch this one off my bucket list, and I would like to go in a season where we have a solid chance of winning. Would be a nice November trip.

Duke 5%

NC State 5%

Louisville 0%

Liberty and Md 100%
FSU 5%
Duke 25%
N state 5%
Louisville no chance

Me:

Maryland 95% chance, it would take some catastrophe for me to miss this game.

Liberty 80%, would love for this to be a Friday night game. I had a blast this year at Western Michigan -- its so much fun to sit outside in a small stadium in warm weather when we have a great chance of winning.

FSU 30%, I've been wanting to scratch this one off my bucket list, and I would like to go in a season where we have a solid chance of winning. Would be a nice November trip.

Duke 5%

NC State 5%

Louisville 0%
Def Maryland cause I have a free place to stay
Liberty and Duke are both tempting as well

Will probably go to at least 2/3 of Liberty, NCSU, and Duke

Maryland is 50/50

Having 3 games within 90 minutes of Raleigh in the same year is cool but I would trade one of those for another year

Trying to convince fiancée on Liberty...it’s been a tough sell...and depending on if there is a solid group going to that game.

Would love to go to Maryland and would have but...have a wedding I have to go to (which is why my wedding will NOT be in the fall)

Will likely pull the trigger on Duke. The week before Notre Dame goes to Durham and that's the weekend the Dookies are coming home. Hotels seem in abundance right now for our game.

FSU (YES): I plan to buy 50 tickets. IIRC FSU gives group rates at 20 tix and another $5 break at 50. The tailgate spot should be easy...This will be the third tailgate I have run at FSU. It will be AirForceOrange fourth tailgate. This is the year we win in Tally!

Upstate NY'ers I highly recommend a trip to Tally. However, do not fly into and stay at Tally. If you have an insane amount of points (either air or hotel) then go for it. If you don't then I recommend trying to get a nonstop into Orlando, Tampa, St Pete, Atlanta and spending a couple extra days and driving in for the game. Depending on kickoff time expect to stay Friday or Saturday night about 45 miles out of town. I booked two separate one night motel reservations in Perry, FL for both Friday and Saturday.

The threat of a hurricane is minimal this late in the year but the weather should be outstanding. It is still definite beach weather down around St Pete-Clearwater and Cedar Key.

Liberty or Maryland. I'm definitely doing one and possibly two. Probably leaning to do a ticket buy for Maryland. I'll buy 50-75 tickets in the lower section. I heard the upper deck is too steep. A tailgate at either location will be done. I'm guessing Maryland will be the official one. I might do a small Liberty tailgate too.

Duke probably Yes, hoping to relax and let someone else do the tailgate. Any volunteers?

Louisville No I love tailgating there but it falls too late in the year and it is close to Thanksgiving.

NCSt No Thursday night game makes it tough and I have never been to Duke.

Last edited:
See you at Maryland and Duke. And yes, the upper deck at Maryland is very steep, but my brother-in-law who was with us last time will be disappointed. He is a respiratory therapist and used Lucy's sign from Peanuts "Respiratory Therapy - 5 cents" and made a fortune!

Trying to talk giacofan into joining us at one or both.

FSU (YES): I plan to buy 50 tickets. IIRC FSU gives group rates at 20 tix and another $5 break at 50. The tailgate spot should be easy...This will be the third tailgate I have run at FSU. It will be AirForceOrange fourth tailgate. This is the year we win in Tally!

Upstate NY'ers I highly recommend a trip to Tally. However, do not fly into and stay at Tally. If you have an insane amount of points (either air or hotel) then go for it. If you don't then I recommend trying to get a nonstop into Orlando, Tampa, St Pete, Atlanta and spending a couple extra days and driving in for the game. Depending on kickoff time expect to stay Friday or Saturday night about 45 miles out of town. I booked two separate one night motel reservations in Perry, FL for both Friday and Saturday.

The threat of a hurricane is minimal this late in the year but the weather should be outstanding. It is still definite beach weather down around St Pete-Clearwater and Cedar Key.

Liberty or Maryland. I'm definitely doing one and possibly two. Probably leaning to do a ticket buy for Maryland. I'll buy 50-75 tickets in the lower section. I heard the upper deck is too steep. A tailgate at either location will be done. I'm guessing Maryland will be the official one. I might do a small Liberty tailgate too.

Duke probably Yes, hoping to relax and let someone else do the tailgate. Any volunteers?

Louisville No I love tailgating there but it falls too late in the year and it is close to Thanksgiving.

We will buy 2 for Maryland if you go group. Upper section is worse than Shea Stadium. We will help at Duke (and MD if needed).

TexanMark will you be hosting the FSU tailgate in the same place as last time? Or will it be in the tailgate lot closer to the stadium?

Targeting Liberty
Would like to do Duke (was at the stadium in '99).
Would also like to see a win at FSU... 5 hour drive from home, 2+ hour drive from one of our favorite FL locales... we'll see.

Targeting Liberty
Would like to do Duke (was at the stadium in '99).
Would also like to see a win at FSU... 5 hour drive from home, 2+ hour drive from one of our favorite FL locales... we'll see.
FSU should be a no brainier...your better half can root against FSU

Same place...if walking nearly a mile is an issue there is a shuttle bus at the lot for $3
It was a fun tailgate. The walk isn’t bad at all plus you get to mingle with a lot of other fans on the way

Definitely making the trip to FSU. Would like to go to duke/NCST but am already pushing it by traveling from Florida to the Clemson game

I’ve booked air into Orlando for early Friday morning arrival and will drive north from there. Flying back out Sunday pm.

Slight revision. If Frontier runs direct flights from ALB to RDU come November, we are in for Duke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom