What day does the team leave for Maui? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What day does the team leave for Maui?

I thought of going to Hawaii. Especially being close to the west coast. Sort of sorry I am not. Biggest issue was having my 85 year old mom here, and maybe not being here for Thanksgiving. It is just her, my husband and I for Thanksgiving. So I need to be here. Hawaii will come soon for me, just without basketball!!

I was in Maui 15 years ago when they beat Indiana in the final for the championship. It was a terrific time. Walter White's (owner of the DeWitt inn of the same name years ago) son has a restaurant right on the beach in Maui. Lots of Cuse fans congregate there. We had Thanksgiving dinner up in the mountains, at a friend's place. Beautiful scenery.

WALTER WHITE IS FROM SYRACUSE?

The first thing I thought reading this title was who is still on campus that should be on their way to maui... whew.

Looks like the team is leaving bright and early this morning on a charter flight down to Dallas before catching an American Airlines flight to Kahului. I don't know how those guys are going to fit in those coach seats for 8 hours.

just out of curiosity... how do know that? did you search the flights out of cuse?

edit* i dont see anything listed here:
http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KSYR/departures?;offset=0;order=actualdeparturetime;sort=DESC

The only unusual flight that I saw on FlightAware was this one down to DFW:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ421

Donna mentioned in an article on syracuse.com that the team would be taking a charter part of the way to Hawaii, then a regular commercial flight the rest of the way, and since we know they were leaving today, I sort of just put two and two together. American has a nonstop from DFW to OGG that departs at 12:00 p.m. CST and arrives in Maui at 4:25 p.m. HST, so the timing of the charter from SYR to DFW would work out pretty well to connect to that. However, it looks like the charter departed almost an hour later than originally planned, so now they're due into DFW a little after 11:00. Kind of a tight connection depending on where the charter parks. I'm curious why they didn't go one way or another and just charter something all the way out there or take the airlines all the way out there.

The only unusual flight that I saw on FlightAware was this one down to DFW:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ421

Donna mentioned in an article on syracuse.com that the team would be taking a charter part of the way to Hawaii, then a regular commercial flight the rest of the way, and since we know they were leaving today, I sort of just put two and two together. American has a nonstop from DFW to OGG that departs at 12:00 p.m. CST and arrives in Maui at 4:25 p.m. HST, so the timing of the charter from SYR to DFW would work out pretty well to connect to that. However, it looks like the charter departed almost an hour later than originally planned, so now they're due into DFW a little after 11:00. Kind of a tight connection depending on where the charter parks. I'm curious why they didn't go one way or another and just charter something all the way out there or take the airlines all the way out there.

ah... i was looking on departures at that time, so it wasnt listed yet. It was probably still on 'scheduled departures'

I just had the best thought ever. Flying out of Alaska next Thursday. Championship game is Wednesday. Would they fly out thursday? Could we be on the same flight to Syracuse?!

A guy can dream.

I just had the best thought ever. Flying out of Alaska next Thursday. Championship game is Wednesday. Would they fly out thursday? Could we be on the same flight to Syracuse?!

A guy can dream.

They are leaving Thursday. Just reverse today's route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom