What do the casual fans think of Coach Fran? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What do the casual fans think of Coach Fran?

Yeah most everyone I talk to has heard/know we hired a new coach

I think everyone knows we hired a new coach. Heck, my mom asked me about it last night. And yes, she asked about some of you as well.

This thought that the casual fans are so far removed that they don't even know we had a coaching change is internet lore and feels like more inferiority complex type stuff. Hopefully Coach Fran starts changing that perception.

I think everyone knows we hired a new coach. Heck, my mom asked me about it last night. And yes, she asked about some of you as well.

This thought that the casual fans are so far removed that they don't even know we had a coaching change is internet lore and feels like more inferiority complex type stuff. Hopefully Coach Fran starts changing that perception.

I agree

They might not know WHO the coach is

But they definitely know we fired the old coach and hired some new guy

I forced wife to watch press conference. Granted she's been a season ticket holder for 35 years, but she doesn't follow stuff like us degenerates.

Her comment after the presser, after I told her we have the #1, #9 and #25 best recruiters in the country, was "this is exactly what we need to get better" even she realizes recruiting is the key.

I don't live local, but here in Knoxville a high school age kid saw me in a Syracuse shirt while dropping my kids off at a church event and said, "You guys are gonna be back soon." I don't know if he's a Georgia fan. If not, it says something that another team's fan even knows about a position coach.
Well, you are in the South.

Casual fans know about the change. That change won't make them buy tickets until we win. Dan Mullen wouldn't have either.
Yeah, I never bought the narrative that simply hiring Dan Mullen would sellout the done next year. Casual fans might not know who Fran Brown is, but most of them don’t know who Dan Mullen is either.

And even the ones that do know have been beaten down so much by 20 years of bad to mediocre football that they weren’t going to become new season ticket holders due to either one of those guys being hired.

A lot of it is, “He was a great recruiter at Georgia? It’s not hard to recruit at Georgia.”

Totally ignorant of the fact that when you’re at Georgia you have to beat out LSU and Alabama and all the top shelf programs for kids.

Yeah, I never bought the narrative that simply hiring Dan Mullen would sellout the done next year. Casual fans might not know who Fran Brown is, but most of them don’t know who Dan Mullen is either.

And even the ones that do know have been beaten down so much by 20 years of bad to mediocre football that they weren’t going to become new season ticket holders due to either one of those guys being hired.
exactly, wife's only question to me when I was on syrfan for 120 hours over thanksgiving holiday was "can Dan Mullen recruit?". she gets it's all about recruiting.

100%

I'll admit, I had never heard of him, and I consider myself a diehard. However, I guess since others are throwing out labels as "super casuals" and the like, I guess I'm just not a "super diehard." ;):)
I don’t think that’s was the question, I doubt most of us knew who FB was before last week. ( Maybe a few of our hardcore recruiting guys ) I certainly didn’t.

On the Syracuse related posts on Facebook (SU Athletics, SU Football) I’ve seen a few comments from folks who want Syverud and Wildhack out. They don’t like having a head coach with no HC experience.
Those are the ignorant fans.

The casual fan looks at the mediocrity of the last 20 years and says, “They need to go out and get better players.”

If only it was that simple.

On the Syracuse related posts on Facebook (SU Athletics, SU Football) I’ve seen a few comments from folks who want Syverud and Wildhack out. They don’t like having a head coach with no HC experience.
I cringe when I read some of those replies on Facebook and have almost been sucked into replying but so far I have held strong. Facebook probably isn't my top choice for intelligent sports talk but I suppose it might give you the perspective of the common fan out there.

Who knows. They’re the ones that can’t sit still during the game and constantly trash the team on social media. They’re useful for the noise that they make but little else.

Most probably don't know.

Tell em we poached a Coach from Georgia, TAMU, Ped state(sorta), one of Sanders best coaches, and one from the NFL NY Giants?

You'll get an , "Ohh WOW."

This is the path I've been taking to all my casual FB fan friends. Even a few of my Rutgers buddies who were aware of Fran's time there...they are dead scared straight about all this

This is the path I've been taking to all my casual FB fan friends. Even a few of my Rutgers buddies who were aware of Fran's time there...they are dead scared straight about all this
NICE! It IS mpressive.

We know it can take a couple years to see results. I keep telling myself that... lol. Casuals may not notice until we are winning... Thats OK. However you look at it? Syracuse football just became pretty interesting. ;-)

Client of mine lives in Detroit and is a huge Michigan fan. When he heard about the hire he called and said home run hire!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom