What do we do with Dino? | Syracusefan.com

What do we do with Dino?

CuseMan4

Starter
Honest question…obviously it was great to go 10-3 in 2018. It’s great that we started 6-0 this season and going bowling. But when his contract is up do we renew him?

10-3 was nice, 6-0 to start was great but we look horrific, like TERRIBLE now. And every other season other then those 2 has been very underwhelming. Is that the standard? Tough choice for Wildhack. Do you extend him if his contract was up at the end of this season or let him go?

Honest question…obviously it was great to go 10-3 in 2018. It’s great that we started 6-0 this season and going bowling. But when his contract is up do we renew him?

10-3 was nice, 6-0 to start was great but we look horrific, like TERRIBLE now. And every other season other then those 2 has been very underwhelming. Is that the standard? Tough choice for Wildhack. Do you extend him if his contract was up at the end of this season or let him go?
He will be back next year. Anything worse than 7-5 next year, dump him

Thank him for the DC we will promote.

We do not renew. That’s guaranteed.
He is done next year. He'll be lucky to go 6-6, 5-7. SYR will buy him out with a year left. It is over after 8 lackluster yesrs. We are starting all over again.

Reactions: FAL
He quit on the team today. If im JW he is in my office tomorrow morning. I wouldn't fire him but he would know that the way he handled himself today isnt acceptable. Dino and Syracuse need to be done with each other unless he is willing to accept a contract that is based on performance.

It’s pretty clear the players have given up on him since Clemson. Him and the coaches choked during that game and it’s clear as day..

Let’s go get Matt Rhule and completely flip this thing on it’s head. The dude knows how to win in college and he can recruit. I would be all for this. Or promote White

I’ve given up on Dino a long time ago but was very happy with the hires. Now that I am seeing this meltdown, it falls on the person who is at the top. Just saw a stat that after the bye at cuse, Dino is 10-31. That’s absurd. This guy stinks as a head coach. We have to face the music as much as we may like the guy. He seriously has drunk for 7 years now. A healthy dungey and shrader made him look good but he is what the other 5 years say he is

So who’s the QB next year if everything stays the same and GS leaves? Is it LaNorris or CDRW?

And honestly Hasselback said it best, the fact Dino didn’t give the players a chance to score at the end sends a clear message where his head is at. I would be fuming if I was in that game and had a chance to score and the head coach literally just stared and let the clock run out. I’ve never seen that in my entire life. And if I were a player, I would be calling him out big time

It’s pretty clear the players have given up on him since Clemson. Him and the coaches choked during that game and it’s clear as day..

Let’s go get Matt Rhule and completely flip this thing on it’s head. The dude knows how to win in college and he can recruit. I would be all for this. Or promote White

I’ve given up on Dino a long time ago but was very happy with the hires. Now that I am seeing this meltdown, it falls on the person who is at the top. Just saw a stat that after the bye at cuse, Dino is 10-31. That’s absurd. This guy stinks as a head coach. We have to face the music as much as we may like the guy. He seriously has drunk for 7 years now. A healthy dungey and shrader made him look good but he is what the other 5 years say he is
That’s really the only way ‘Cuse is going to be competing for ACC championships. They need to pay big money for a big time coach. Unfortunately that won’t happen.

Matt Rhule is not coming to Syracuse. He just got paid a ton of money to not coach the Panthers. He's going to wait for the right opportunity to open up. And recruiting at Baylor is a lot different than Syracuse.

The scary thing is we're probably losing all our NFL players after this season. We've had some talent this season and haven't been able to capitalize. Everyone has injuries, but without some crazy late penalties from Purdue and Virginia, we're 4-6 now and that's not even factoring in playing against a D-2 QB in his 1st start against NC State. We've just looked totally overwhelmed physically for the last 3.5 games.

I’m sure this is just the hangover from this embarrassment, but I’m starting to seriously wonder if I’ll ever see another good Syracuse football team in my lifetime. Just so… empty.

Unfortunately according to human life expectancy I have several decades to play this string out.

Agreed. Having played its beyond me. Absolutely disgusting.
And honestly Hasselback said it best, the fact Dino didn’t give the players a chance to score at the end sends a clear message where his head is at. I would be fuming if I was in that game and had a chance to score and the head coach literally just stared and let the clock run out. I’ve never seen that in my entire life. And if I were a player, I would be calling him out big time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom