What do we do with Dino? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What do we do with Dino?

Honest question…obviously it was great to go 10-3 in 2018. It’s great that we started 6-0 this season and going bowling. But when his contract is up do we renew him?

10-3 was nice, 6-0 to start was great but we look horrific, like TERRIBLE now. And every other season other then those 2 has been very underwhelming. Is that the standard? Tough choice for Wildhack. Do you extend him if his contract was up at the end of this season or let him go?
Keep him. Fund him. Get better players

Keep him. Fund him. Get better players
1. He’s been kept far longer than almost any P5 school would keep their coach with a similar record.
2. He’s been far more resources than any coach at Syracuse in my lifetime. A few (not all) examples - Indoor Practice Facilty, Major Dome Renovations which are still on-going, increased budget for assistants, major donor gifts for football facility upgrades, private jets for recruiting, highest paid football coach at SU..,
3. Getting players is part of his job responsibility as is coaching them up.

We are never going to be Alabama or Ohio State, but we can be better than what we are under Dino. We certainly don’t seem to be getting a commensurate return on the investments being made.

Break the “In case of emergency” glass and phone Coach O.
He would take the job. He would provide the talent to compete in the ACC. We simply cannot go with a coach unless he is a supreme recruiter.
Gimmicks, smoke and
mirrors are not sustainable. We need an influx of big strong linemen and a good pocket passer on O. Some big bull rusher linemen on D.
Dino has had enough time to prove he is not that guy.

1. He’s been kept far longer than almost any P5 school would keep their coach with a similar record.
2. He’s been far more resources than any coach at Syracuse in my lifetime. A few (not all) examples - Indoor Practice Facilty, Major Dome Renovations which are still on-going, increased budget for assistants, major donor gifts for football facility upgrades, private jets for recruiting, highest paid football coach at SU..,
3. Getting players is part of his job responsibility as is coaching them up.

We are never going to be Alabama or Ohio State, but we can be better than what we are under Dino. We certainly don’t seem to be getting a commensurate return on the investments being made.
The Dome renovation is one year old.

The present coaching staff is one to two years old.

We are still light years behind other programs.

The number of season ending injuries this team has sustained this year is unprecedented.

We are playing with an undersized, walk on nose tackle.

Tonight’s team is not the team that beat Purdue.

We will go bowling this year.

We will continue to improve.

“Get a new head coach” thinking is oversimplified analysis

The number of season ending injuries this team has sustained this year is unprecedented.

Bro, Dino literally had seven years to create this mess. When will we be competitive? 2050? The recruiting sucks, the coaching sucks, the scheme is ok-ish, the S&C program sucks. That was the least competitive game played by any P5 team this season. Possibly the least competitive SU has been since the GROB era. Without Kevon Darton and Mikel Jones we lose that one by 60.

Wisconsin just fired their coach with a 70% winning percentage. Give me a break with the excuses. You cannot go 6-0 and then implode like this at the first sign of adversity. I am not interested in the injury excuse; injuries happen on every team. It is the job of the staff to develop ALL of the players to be ready. If we get more injured than other teams then you need to ask what the S&C program, training staff, and nutrition staff (just kidding, we don't have one) is doing to set these kids up for success.

Who on the roster or in the current recruiting class excites you to say "wow! that could be an all american and boy we sure can't let Dino go!" This is not Louisville. We literally have nothing to lose and we continue to lose relevancy every year we let this continue. I went to bat for DIno and I feel sick that I sent the signal that it would be acceptable to return after last year (not that anyone cares about my opinion).

The only absolute is injuries at this point

That needs to be the analysis in offseason. Why our injuries derail seasons more than others. BC has more than us and are starting to come together.

Holistically I’d say if injuries can’t be avoided at Syracuse then our coaching younger players needs to be scrutinized.

Firing Dino at this point is irrelevant. I have changed my take on him. It won’t matter.

Need to study why the swoon happens and if our players are not physically equipped.

This isn't about Dino anymore. This is about Su and their interest in competing in current football. Does the school want to play the games and cash the checks or be players in the game which will require writing checks. I think SU is happy being 5-7 to 7-5. Cash ACC checks, draw 30-35,000 a game and do enough to act like you care.

This isn't about Dino anymore. This is about Su and their interest in competing in current football. Does the school want to play the games and cash the checks or be players in the game which will require writing checks. I think SU is happy being 5-7 to 7-5. Cash ACC checks, draw 30-35,000 a game and do enough to act like you care.
Well, rationalizing that uninspired direction for the program:
Keeps tickets/season passes cheap for SU fans.

I’m sure plenty of people paid the 25 to secure their season tickets next year.. not, season ticket sales and associated metrics will help determine the viability of Dino

Dino is the issue. The other guys know how to coach.
X&Os and in game coaching are not Dinos gifts.
More like Dino’s Kryptonite along with recruiting.

Dino looked very comfortable on the set of the ACC Huddle so let’s send him packing so he could work there. Time to let Dino go is now for this is totally unacceptable in my eyes. When Cuse losses to Wake and if we lose at BC, there should be no bowl game on a six game losing streak.

This thread is pure message board
Everyone was ready to go to war for Dino at 6-0
Now you lose 4 games which most of us penciled in as sure loses at the start of the season now you get to bring up the “I was RIGHT we should have fired Dino!!”
No one is giving FSU credit for a top top top tier defense
Our defense again played their hearts out but FSU won special teams and field position
Our offense fired some different things but man FSU has some crazy good speed and players ok that D
Shrader doesn’t look like 6-0 Sharder
We need to abandon the FB/TE Hybrid Hoeh is only good for multiple penalties and getting blown up over and over
Mang is not great at blocking
We have no WRs other then OG, needs to be priority number one for offense in the portal
Anae and Beck are on year one and it’s still a blend of old/new system
Depth is better but needs work
Defense wow we have some huge depth on the secondary
LB should still be solid
DL if we get health and can pick up one in the portal will be fine
Anyway my point is we are still building back up, Dino gets the rest of this year and I would guess he needs to hit around 8 wins next year
Also Norris is going to sign with us he wants to play for Beck doesn’t matter that the gamecocks offered
Man I love this board lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom