What do we know about Elijah Hughes? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What do we know about Elijah Hughes?

Prediction:

I think Hughes continues JB's vaunted track record of success with transfers (regular, not Grad, following guys like Chukwu, Gbinije, Wes Johnson, Ryan Blackwell & even Leo Rautins), and Hughes becomes a key player for us next season (averaging maybe 10-12 ppg with a "normal" amount of mins - like 30ish).

Come on. MSOrange , how do I let this one go by?

He is bigger and stronger than Battle. He is going to be very good.
Paul Harris was stronger and physically bigger as well (but not as tall). Not better than Tyus'.

Last edited:
Anyone have a chance to watch those Niagara Falls teams when Harris played on them? They came to the War Memorial a few times but the one game against East High (who has STACKED that year with 3 d-1 players) and Niagara Falls dogged them out. Paul Harris took off from the free throw line in game...place was going NUTS

Not me. He left and we had one of our best teams ever. I don't think it is a coincidence. He was just a bad fit for this program. Not a good shooter and too small for the back of the zone.

I don’t necessarily disagree but it seems like the game is a little different now. Smaller. Now he would probably be a liability still and perhaps even more these days on offense but I bet defensively he could hang. He’s not a beanpole who would get outmuscled and would still be able to rebound well. But, yeah, not an ideal player here.

I would happily take Paul Harris to go man to man vs Zion against Duke, an- ... what? no man to man?
well, one can imagine it.

Harris wasn't a fit here at the time; probably wouldn't be now either. He needed to play in a M2M system
that gave him freedom to run out on breaks and gamble for steals. Not at all saying he was a failure, as
1200 pts / 800 rebs over three years is a solid, solid player at SU, borderline star, but it wasn't the right
fit for him.

Oh wait, Hughes. Be a combination of "total replacement for Battle" and "make up for Bazley". And make
next year's team a lot of fun to watch and competitive.

Kev

He's He who walks behind the rows.

children-of-the-corn-4.jpg

Anyone have a chance to watch those Niagara Falls teams when Harris played on them? They came to the War Memorial a few times but the one game against East High (who has STACKED that year with 3 d-1 players) and Niagara Falls dogged them out. Paul Harris took off from the free throw line in game...place was going NUTS

The best high school game I have seen the past 15 years was when Flynn and Triche went at it at Manley prior to the renovation and Triches ACL tear. Both scored 30 plus and Niagara Falls won a close game.

I would happily take Paul Harris to go man to man vs Zion against Duke, an- ... what? no man to man?
well, one can imagine it.

Harris wasn't a fit here at the time; probably wouldn't be now either. He needed to play in a M2M system
that gave him freedom to run out on breaks and gamble for steals. Not at all saying he was a failure, as
1200 pts / 800 rebs over three years is a solid, solid player at SU, borderline star, but it wasn't the right
fit for him.

Oh wait, Hughes. Be a combination of "total replacement for Battle" and "make up for Bazley". And make
next year's team a lot of fun to watch and competitive.

Kev

Sometimes I think we took Paul Harris just so that Pitt couldn't. He would have been a real thorn in our side if he played for them. Would have killed us on the offensive boards.

I was at the War Memorial for that game. Harris was doubtful to play because he had a broken hand or broken finger can't recall. Something was broke but their team sure wasn't because they definitely took it to East.

Eli has a serious chance to be the emotional leader on this team. Very well liked, good sense of humor, charismatic.
I’m rooting for him.

I was at the War Memorial for that game. Harris was doubtful to play because he had a broken hand or broken finger can't recall. Something was broke but their team sure wasn't because they definitely took it to East.
Really?? Had no clue about that and sure as hell couldn’t tell. East high that year was NASTY. Not sure where the two bigs went but they had a guard that went to east carolina. Just remember NF walking in the building looking like a NBA team

Only other HS team that I thought was better than that Niagara Falls team was that Mcquaid team that was #2 in the nation behind Lebron’s HS. I think they ended up meeting up in that big HS national tourny. Mcquaid has Tyler Relph and a few other guys that went D1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom