What do we know about Lamson? | Syracusefan.com

What do we know about Lamson?

bothsocksup

Starter
Any news on the kid? I’ve see enough in Morgan to know he’s not the future. Reminds me of a less mobile Hunt. So, do we have any intel on Lamson?

All I've seen is a 5 second clip of him in training camp. But, his throwing motion was smooth as butta. Has to be a decent passer, with that form. And, he's supposedly a dual-threat to boot.

There are a few people with connections that have heard he looks good, but, ultimately, we know nothing. It seems like we shouldn't expect to know anything until after spring. If he beats out Morgan to be the back up, that's meaningful to me.

All I've seen is a 5 second clip of him in training camp. But, his throwing motion was smooth as butta. Has to be a decent passer, with that form. And, he's supposedly a dual-threat to boot.
I’ve watched him throw in pregames and he looks like he has a hitch in his throws to me. Like a bad habit that he picked up and didn’t have on his HS tapes. Idk if he’s the answer.

I’ve watched him throw in pregames and he looks like he has a hitch in his throws to me. Like a bad habit that he picked up and didn’t have on his HS tapes. Idk if he’s the answer.

gilbert must have taught him the hitch! Fire Gilbert!

Lamson looks small to me

He had a funky throwing motion in HS. Im assuming that's what you saw.

He honestly reminds me of Dungey. Not just saying that.

But he’s behind at least Morgan and probably Dillon as well, so we ain’t gonna find out today.

I do not see any hitch, just a smooth arm motion and release.

Guys…he’s a freshman that didn’t have a senior year in high school if I remember correctly. Will take some time for this kid.

Guys…he’s a freshman that didn’t have a senior year in high school if I remember correctly. Will take some time for this kid.
High School: Played four years for head coach Eric Cavaliere ... Tabbed as a top-20 dual threat quarterback by 247Sports.com and a top-50 prospect out of California … 3,576 total yards and 29 touchdowns in his junior season for Oak Ridge High School … Helped lead his team to a Sac-Joaquin section championship … 2019 NorCal Offensive Player of the Year … 2019 Sacramento Bee Player of the Year.

High School: Played four years for head coach Eric Cavaliere ... Tabbed as a top-20 dual threat quarterback by 247Sports.com and a top-50 prospect out of California … 3,576 total yards and 29 touchdowns in his junior season for Oak Ridge High School … Helped lead his team to a Sac-Joaquin section championship … 2019 NorCal Offensive Player of the Year … 2019 Sacramento Bee Player of the Year.
He didn’t have a senior year football season and his junior year was his first as a full time offense player. He played safety before playing QB.

BACK IN THE DAYS OF NcNABB THERE WAS KEVIN ROGERS:

Peter Chen / The Post-Standard, 1995 Kevin Rogers, then an assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach with the Syracuse University football team, warms up with quarterback Kevin Mason

Philadelphia Inquirer writer Keith Pompey recently wrote about Rogers and his new job at Temple. Here's some of what he wrote:

Rogers dissects every motion made by the quarterbacks - whether it's a pass, rush or handoff. When he isn't doing that, Rogers is usually coaching up his QBs on the sidelines.

You have to coach your QB's. Not only do we not have an ST coach but also there's no one to work with the QB's. Shrader could use some help.

Rogers is still considered an elite OC mind and is now with the Browns in the NFL

Rogers coached at Syracuse from 1991-98 and helped the Orange achieve tremendous success during his tenure, as the squad registered a 68-26-1 record and six bowl appearances – including two trips to the Fiesta Bowl and one to the Orange Bowl. In addition to coaching the quarterbacks during his entire time at Syracuse, he served as the team’s recruiting coordinator from 1993-94 and was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1997. SU became the first team in Big East history to win three consecutive league championships during his tenure, and he was instrumental in the success of Donovan McNabb, who set the majority of Syracuse’s passing records and was drafted No. 2 overall by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom