What do we want to see vs Colgate? | Syracusefan.com

What do we want to see vs Colgate?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
1) Obviously a victory. Preferably 12+ points, but even if we win nitty gritty, it will be a good experience.

2) More physical defense. Use our size and athleticism to get Colgate out of their gameplan. Want to really see our guys be junkyard dogs.

3) Benny, Benny, Benny. Should come off the bench and want to see him make an immediate impression.

4) JT, Bell and Copeland. A lot of our success will be how much these three contribute each game.

5) JJ and Judah sharing the PG duties. I like Judah off the ball and I think the JJ to McLeod PnR can develop into something unstoppable.

6) Red and staff. How much in game coaching and adjustments will they make. Can they keep all 12 guys motivated and inspired and focused when on the bench.

I’d like to see JJ make his free throws and a few jumpers outside of 10 feet.

Improved defense and improved effort is a must on that end of the court.

I’d like to see Brown healthy. If he isn’t give his minutes to Benny so he can rest up.

1) Obviously a victory. Preferably 12+ points, but even if we win nitty gritty, it will be a good experience.

2) More physical defense. Use our size and athleticism to get Colgate out of their gameplan. Want to really see our guys be junkyard dogs.

3) Benny, Benny, Benny. Should come off the bench and want to see him make an immediate impression.

4) JT, Bell and Copeland. A lot of our success will be how much these three contribute each game.

5) JJ and Judah sharing the PG duties. I like Judah off the ball and I think the JJ to McLeod PnR can develop into something unstoppable.

6) Red and staff. How much in game coaching and adjustments will they make. Can they keep all 12 guys motivated and inspired and focused when on the bench.
In their one game so far against Brown, they won 72-70. But Brown fouled out Records and got 4 on Woodward. Those are the two bigs Colgate has. Records is skilled offensively (by far their best player) but is slow ant not very athletic.

We need to attack those guys and get them in foul trouble ASAP. Brown outrebounded them and we should too. Brown, Benny and McLeod have to be men tomorrow.

I think it we push the ball up court hard, we can get some easy baskets.

Colgate will be really well coached and take advantage of our defensive lapses. We need to play our best game of the year to beat them.

In their one game so far against Brown, they won 72-70. But Brown fouled out Records and got 4 on Woodward. Those are the two bigs Colgate has. Records is skilled offensively (by far their best player) but is slow ant not very athletic.

We need to attack those guys and get them in foul trouble ASAP. Brown outrebounded them and we should too. Brown, Benny and McLeod have to be men tomorrow.

Colgate will be really well coached and take advantage of our defensive lapses. We need to play our best game of the year to beat them.
Yup. I think in our two losses to Colgate we let them dictate the tempo. That can't happen.

In our game vs UNH last Monday, their best player was Clarence Daniels #21 who was killing us. He had four fouls and was somewhat protective about drawing his 5th, but Taylor got the ball and identified a one on one and went right at Daniels who got caught with his hands in the cookie jar. It was one of the smartest plays I ever saw a college player make to foul Daniels out with seven minutes to go.

Need to guard their 3 point shooters and talk on defense to help each other on screens, picks, switches etc. Push the ball, value the ball to limit turnovers that would help Colgate out. Crash those boards!

3s from Judah and JJ.

I think everything else is OK. I need those 2 to start connecting from deep NCAA hoops is very guard and very 3 point oriented. Against Colgate they can't be having some garbage 1-8 game.

Consistent offense from forwards and we need to defend. If we want any hope and prayer of knocking of Tennessee these things need to improve immediately

Yup. I think in our two losses to Colgate we let them dictate the tempo. That can't happen.

In our game vs UNH last Monday, their best player was Clarence Daniels #21 who was killing us. He had four fouls and was somewhat protective about drawing his 5th, but Taylor got the ball and identified a one on one and went right at Daniels who got caught with his hands in the cookie jar. It was one of the smartest plays I ever saw a college player make to foul Daniels out with seven minutes to go.
Our best teams had the ability to get the stars on the opposition in foul trouble.

One thing this team can do is draw fouls. We gotta get the stars for our opponents in foul trouble.

This will be a good test.

I dont think Colgate can hang with us. We are simply too athletic. I would drive the ball constantly and press.

I just dont wanna see Woodward have his way like he has the last two times. We made him look like Jokic. (Passing out of the post etc.)

Pressing against a well coached team usually gives a team easy looks in transition. It might not be a great idea unless we want to increase tempo. That really hasn’t been a problems so far this young season. We will have to show some patience on offense because Colgate will not pick us up twenty five feet from the basket. I expect a soft man which will force us to make some shots. The key will be can we upset them on defense and create transition?

The 3-point defense has been bad, so I hope preparing for this game - which no doubt focuses on perimeter defense - helps them going forward. Now is the time to shore that up, can't wait.

I would love it if Autry challenged Judah and JJ to get 10 assists. There could be other challenges to other players - 10 rebounds for Taylor, Brown, Copeland, Williams - 10 dunks for McLeod - 5 alley-oops - 5 steals per guard. Obviously, I have no idea what goes behind the scenes and all of these cannot be simultaneously met. I think the best games last year happened when the ball was moving and shared on offense. The parts are better this year and the guy you pass it to can score. Most of our losses last year were when Judah shot 15 or more times

I need to see our bigs perform well. Richards is a good test and Langel is a fantastic coach.

We are going to see some huge teams in Maui. Maliq is our most consistent big but he’s been hobbled lately it seems. Bennys first game back but we need him to lock in right away. Curious to see how McLeod does against Richards - it’d be nice to have a lockdown 5 again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom