What do you guys think of CJ's comments? | Syracusefan.com

What do you guys think of CJ's comments?

Dcuse

All Conference
Border line criticizing his coach.

Last edited:

newmexicuse

All Conference
I think CJ was put on the spot. I understand why Jimmy blew up, but a coach simply cannot do that in an end of game situation that takes away any chance for his team to win. An earlier blow up might have been quite appropriate.

jdubs30

Living Legend
He's right, but it sounded like the reporter kind of lead him to those answers though.

Duke made the first 2 tech FTs. Assumign we don't steal the inbounds, we would have been down by 4 with about 8 seconds left. It was over.

UelSU

All Conference
jdubs30 said:
He's right, but it sounded like the reporter kind of lead him to those answers though.

Duke made the first 2 tech FTs. Assumign we don't steal the inbounds, we would have been down by 4 with about 8 seconds left. It was over.

I agree.

tptcuse

Living Legend

I definitely agree with the bolded part. I have no problem with CJs comments.

ROCuse

Scout Team
I have no problem with CJ's comments. He had just finished an emotional, grueling game that ended on a judgement call. I'm sure there was a lot going through his mind.

I think any of those players that are out there laying it all on the floor for a win are never going to see it as "ah we lost the game anyways after that charge, JB made a statement." They have a never say die attitude that comes along with being a winner and would take the chance, even as small as it was, to try and come back and steal the ball on the inbounds or make Duke shoot free throws 100 times out of 100.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
jdubs30 said:
He's right, but it sounded like the reporter kind of lead him to those answers though. Duke made the first 2 tech FTs. Assumign we don't steal the inbounds, we would have been down by 4 with about 8 seconds left. It was over.

Making those first 2 techs is a lot easier when you know you are getting 4 of them than it would have been if we had had to foul and send then to the line with the pressure on. Plus since they were techs, K got to use his best FT shooter. He may not have been the player we foul on the inbounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldyGopher

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom