What does Rutgers bring to the ACC table? | Syracusefan.com

What does Rutgers bring to the ACC table?

AgentOrange

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
Quality football? Nope.

Quality men's basketball? Not quite.

NYC TV market? Yeah, right.

Top-notch academics? Not really.

Quality women's basketball? 1 out of 4 ain't bad.

Let's see
1. RutgersAl
2. Jersey Powah!
3. RutgersAl

He is worth admission enough for the ACC.

Quality football? Nope.

A loss to Ohio this week.

Endless talk about one game against Louisville years ago.

What, y'all didn't know it was legendary?

Quality football? Nope.

They're one of the most easy to hate teams of all time.

Come on', Mike Rice will be a Hall of Famer right?

I think the more surrounding schools we can get for this area the better. Rutgers and New Jersey are like the little red-headed step child of New York. We feel good when SU kicks their bum bums, but don't want other people to have the courtesy - okay, okay... maybe a little.

Actually... But Buttgers still sucks :)

Actually, that's 1 out of 5 for you or some would argue 2 of 5.

As much as I despise the R, I still think they bring a quality product for football. They certainly are an upgrade from Duke for football. The ACC clearly wants a stake at the NY market. If that means we have to bring Rutgers in to make more money, then it is a no brainer.

They've got a helicopter.

As much as I despise the R, I still think they bring a quality product for football.
Whawhawhat? Surely you jest.

They certainly are an upgrade from Duke for football.
Debatable, although Duke looks like it's on a bit of an upswing, while Rutgers is sinking back into irrelevance.

The ACC clearly wants a stake at the NY market.
That's why they brought us in. :D

If that means we have to bring Rutgers in to make more money, then it is a no brainer.
I fervently do not believe that UNJ will bring in more money.

Quality football? Nope.

IMO Rutgers would be a much better fit for the B-10, both academically and strategically (helps B-10 w/NYC market, which SU already brings to the ACC).

Say what you will, I still think Rutgers brings a good product on the football field. Six consecutive bowl invites (I know the competition) is still hard to deny. I do agree that the ACC brought us in for the NY market, but if bringing in Rutgers guarantees more, then why deny them. I greatly respect your opinion but to add Rutgers would totally shut out the BIG 10 to the NY market. And to reap the benefits if this market is what this move is about, right?

some vodka, a bunch of spray tan salons and tons of wannabe jersey shore rejects

The only way they come, obviously, is $. No one would want them for any of the reasons that was listed by the OP. They just suck all the way around.

The only way they come, obviously, is $. No one would want them for any of the reasons that was listed by the OP. They just suck all the way around.
Exactly, this is a money grab. And to guarantee a total dominance of the NY market it would be ignorant not to invite Rutgers.

Exactly, this is a money grab. And to guarantee a total dominance of the NY market it would be ignorant not to invite Rutgers.
As long as Penn State and Notre Dame are around, the NYC market will not belong exclusively to the ACC.

PSU makes way more sense than RU. Tougher get, no doubt, but they deliver a ton more.

Say what you will, I still think Rutgers brings a good product on the football field. Six consecutive bowl invites (I know the competition) is still hard to deny. I do agree that the ACC brought us in for the NY market, but if bringing in Rutgers guarantees more, then why deny them. I greatly respect your opinion but to add Rutgers would totally shut out the BIG 10 to the NY market. And to reap the benefits if this market is what this move is about, right?
Dude look at their schedules that is HOW TO FOR DUMMIES GET BOWL ELIGIBLE book. They are a decent program, but I don't think they get into the ACC unless there are no other options.

definitely invite ru the biggest land grant university in n.e..that would lock up the east coast mega conference---although program wise i'd rather see wvu but i guess academics do not fit. who are we kidding?this is about money and prestige not academics----take wvu before the sec does

As long as Penn State and Notre Dame are around, the NYC market will not belong exclusively to the ACC.

PSU makes way more sense than RU. Tougher get, no doubt, but they deliver a ton more.
We've already had this talk. Both of those schools have a strong NEED to keep fans in the area through regional affiliation. Cut the BS, cut their ties, lock the area down. Have you seen many Irish immigrants go through NYC lately? Neither have I.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom