What Happened To Michael Carter-Williams | Syracusefan.com

What Happened To Michael Carter-Williams

It felt larger than life. We punched our ticket to the Final Four, and the school was lit. This was Syracuse hoops in 2013. We were big.

There was a big, big block party on Castle Court that night. Everyone was down there. We were all hype. The music was blasting, but you could still hear people chanting and yelling over it all. Syracuse doesn’t have an NBA team, so their basketball at that time was like everything. It was like we were movie stars. On campus, people would mob and ask us to take pictures. People recognized you in town, everywhere you would go, and they would show you love. And on top of it all, I felt like it was so much positive energy, just guided towards me. To be the highest of all that was surreal. That was my last year at Syracuse. After that, I declared for the draft.

10 years later, is this still true?

It felt larger than life. We punched our ticket to the Final Four, and the school was lit. This was Syracuse hoops in 2013. We were big.

There was a big, big block party on Castle Court that night. Everyone was down there. We were all hype. The music was blasting, but you could still hear people chanting and yelling over it all. Syracuse doesn’t have an NBA team, so their basketball at that time was like everything. It was like we were movie stars. On campus, people would mob and ask us to take pictures. People recognized you in town, everywhere you would go, and they would show you love. And on top of it all, I felt like it was so much positive energy, just guided towards me. To be the highest of all that was surreal. That was my last year at Syracuse. After that, I declared for the draft.

No.

Campus Police shut down the parties at Castle Court.

That was a good read.

Last I knew, MCW bought a house near Three Rivers in Clay. I think that is where he and his family are living these days.

Who knows, maybe he surfaces as a GA at Syracuse or Siena one of these days?

Reading MCW's story I was really fearing it wasn't going to have a very happy ending but it really does.

MCW realized his life worth wasn't defined by being a great basketball player but what kind of a husband and father he could be. It's a great read. MCW was such a rare, unique player to watch at Syracuse.

Reading MCW's story I was really fearing it wasn't going to have a very happy ending but it really does.

MCW realized his life worth wasn't defined by being a great basketball player but what kind of a husband and father he could be. It's a great read. MCW was such a rare, unique player to watch at Syracuse.
Was he our first tall PG?
I wasn't expecting him to make the impact he did.

Sad what happened with his family's house in Mass. During an SU NCAAT game.

Yes. Syracuse still doesn't have an NBA team.

Was one or my favorite guys to come through but this story is weird, ridiculous, whatever.

Living your dream out, do something to really family life and you got depressed until an opportunity with an NBA team came calling then everything worked out? The poor play the thing to blame for his cheating? (Making an assumption)

What is any common man or anyone in general going to get out of this story? Is it a redemption story or a continuing apology to his wife?

That was a good read.

Last I knew, MCW bought a house near Three Rivers in Clay. I think that is where he and his family are living these days.

Who knows, maybe he surfaces as a GA at Syracuse or Siena one of these days?
Really?? Does he still have connections to the area? It seems like an odd choice to land in Clay for a young guy who has made more than 20M in the NBA and lived in Philly, Houston, Chicago, Orlando, etc

Was one or my favorite guys to come through but this story is weird, ridiculous, whatever.

Living your dream out, do something to really family life and you got depressed until an opportunity with an NBA team came calling then everything worked out? The poor play the thing to blame for his cheating? (Making an assumption)

What is any common man or anyone in general going to get out of this story? Is it a redemption story or a continuing apology to his wife?
Their going to get an update on where and what MCW is now. Not every article has to be Zig Ziglaresque.

Glad he's grounded with his family. There were lots of highlights from his career at SU, but I always remember when we played St. Johns in New York and he dunked over their big forward (Pointer). The clip below sounds like Matt Park's (radio) call. IIRC the televised broadcast was color commentated by Bill Raftery .. who said, "and that's your point guard folks".

Last edited:
Capture.JPG

pretty sure his wife is syracusian
I was curious the upstate NY connect, as I had noticed on Instagram that when he got married, I recognized the venue as being the Lake House in Canandaigua. It's not cheap to have a wedding there, so I wasn't sure if it was high class enough to be a destination for former NBA players to have their weddings there, or if she had a connections to central/western NY.

The dudes been through a lot - this is his second players tribune article and this one doesn't even mention the fire. Sad that his own school's fans on this message board still are taking jabs at him after putting every thing out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom