What if we lose to Liberty? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What if we lose to Liberty?

many will disagree but i just rather not get stuck in vicious cycle of firing a guy after 4 years like every other losing program. I believe dino is the guy. He just has zero margin for error right now. It really does take time to stabilize a roster and build depth.
I'm not sure where I stand with Dino right now, but this whole just needs more time thing is complete BS. He built this house. It's his. Dino wasn't handed a Grob roster. Quite the opposite actually. We might have lacked some depth but we had playmakers all over the field...Dungey, Erv, Ish, Custis, etc.

And what I'm about to say isn't a Shafer/Dino comparison but it is a forum Shafer/Dino comparison. The excuses for Dino need to stop. Nit sure what it was about Shafer that made people so mad. Yeah we weren't good at all in year 3, but Shafer was also down to a 4th string QB. Dino can't win games with a 2nd string QB and plenty here want to give him a free pass due to the injuries and covid. Shafer wasn't working with anything better and we need use similar measuring sticks. And if anyone wants to bring up the 10 win season, I will say I think Shafer's year 5 with Dungey as an upperclassmen might have looked a little similar to Dino's big year with Dungey as an upperclassmen.

My family know 3 players on the current team, actually parents. So far the guys are holding it together. One player is on O and he told his Dad that the entire scheme... Go fast approach is being looked at. Its good to hear that La Familia is still intact.

Year 9?!?
Im not saying we can go 1-11 for 8 years and get a pass, but ppl are nuts if they think were going to be consistently good with the roster. It takes a lot of time.

I'm not sure where I stand with Dino right now, but this whole just needs more time thing is complete BS. He built this house. It's his. Dino wasn't handed a Grob roster. Quite the opposite actually. We might have lacked some depth but we had playmakers all over the field...Dungey, Erv, Ish, Custis, etc.

And what I'm about to say isn't a Shafer/Dino comparison but it is a forum Shafer/Dino comparison. The excuses for Dino need to stop. Nit sure what it was about Shafer that made people so mad. Yeah we weren't good at all in year 3, but Shafer was also down to a 4th string QB. Dino can't win games with a 2nd string QB and plenty here want to give him a free pass due to the injuries and covid. Shafer wasn't working with anything better and we need use similar measuring sticks. And if anyone wants to bring up the 10 win season, I will say I think Shafer's year 5 with Dungey as an upperclassmen might have looked a little similar to Dino's big year with Dungey as an upperclassmen.

play makers all over the field... not true. And even if we had some, there was no depth. How do we fare without eric?

Im not saying we can go 1-11 for 8 years and get a pass, but ppl are nuts if they think were going to be consistently good with the roster. It takes a lot of time.
Then as a coach your motto and what you're selling to the fanbase probably shouldn't be 'consistently good, not occasionally great'

play makers all over the field... not true. And even if we had some, there was no depth. How do we fare without eric?
Do you need a list of coach's who successfully turned around programs in less than 5 years?

he is responsible for the best season record in 20 years.

he’s done a better job than Shafer without a doubt. If the Oline wasn’t gutted this year its a much different story.
What has he done better? He had his best season with recruits that were not his, and he hasn’t made a bowl game since. What can you point to that he has done a better job without a doubt??

Then as a coach your motto and what you're selling to the fanbase probably shouldn't be 'consistently good, not occasionally great'

why? his goal is to get to that consistently good state. Thats what hes trying to accomplish. I think mottos are intended as aspirational.

Do you need a list of coach's who successfully turned around programs in less than 5 years?

sure, if its a sound comparison to the situation dino is and has faced. Dont give me nick saban.

sure, if its a sound comparison to the situation dino is and has faced. Dont give me nick saban.
Just to be clear what bar are we using here? You seem very concerned about the details but I'd rather have Addazio or Narduzzi right now, Freeze perhaps? One bowl in 5 years? We aren't Rutgers and shame on you if you think we are.

Fair or not coaches now get 3 maybe 4 years to show vast improvement in the power 5. Dino is not getting the job done.

Its not about fair, its what the best course of action is for the future of the program.

Fair or not coaches now get 3 maybe 4 years to show vast improvement in the power 5. Dino is not getting the job done.
He won 10 games in year three. That’s vast improvement. Him not getting the job done now is a different argument than saying he hasn’t shown vast improvement during his tenure.

It was the man on the grassy knoll who did it! Ummm not sure what your driving at chief, I have no idea who 78 is. If you find this interesting though I would suggest that you have to much time on your hands and not enough excitement in your life. Then again crazier things have happened...
View attachment 189311
Ouch- didn’t mean to strike a nerve, Hoss. Simmer down- no need to be so defensive. It was an observation, not usually seen, where 2 handles appeared almost identical, hence the question: “Any relation”? Chill.

Just to be clear what bar are we using here? You seem very concerned about the details but I'd rather have Addazio or Narduzzi right now, Freeze perhaps? One bowl in 5 years? We aren't Rutgers and shame on you if you think we are.

i was rather clear in my prior post. Try reading it again. Taking a deep breath. Thinking about it. And see if your brain can understand it. Then, come back to me.

food for thought Gene Chizick won a nation title, less then three years later he gets fired, Les miles never had anywhere close to a losing record at LSU in fact never won less then 8 games and won a national title fired, Willie Taggert got 1 year in our own division!!!!! If you want to play with the big boys you have to continue to grow and make harsh and tough choices. Again I’m not saying fire Dino this year, but if you are not improving you are falling behind the teams you want to be like. Right now we look like dumpster juice.

Liberty is the better team like someone stated. That’s the sad part is that they have become the better team. Syracuse is unfortunately not keeping up and even with the huge investments into the program and giving dino everything he needs, he is realizing why syracuse is such a challenging job and he has failed so far. There’s no way around it. I love the guy but since Lewis left, this team has struggled to make dino look like a good coach. I don’t understand why people think he’s an amazing coach. That’s my realization I’m coming to and there are 7-8 winnable games every year on the schedule and he just isn’t getting it done while other programs improve rapidly

Dino just got an extension which upped his buyout. You know who is absolutely not paying that buyout? Syracuse.

Dino is head coach to open next year, whether he deserves it or not. Syracuse is historically cheap and is going to lose a ton of revenue without fans for the major sports this year... so it's Dino next year, folks.

i was rather clear in my prior post. Try reading it again. Taking a deep breath. Thinking about it. And see if your brain can understand it. Then, come back to me.
I'm so intimidated. *yawn* You keep dancing around my original point so I'll make it again, very clear for your brain to understand this time. Why does Dino get a pass when Shafer didn't? Shafer had a 4th string QB and a new OC. Dino is getting his arse handed to him with his first sting QB, or was at least until Sat.

Ouch- didn’t mean to strike a nerve, Hoss. Simmer down- no need to be so defensive. It was an observation, not usually seen, where 2 handles appeared almost identical, hence the question: “Any relation”? Chill.
I thought by using humor I was being chill. Hmmm Interesting. ;) All good Little Joe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom