What if ? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What if ?

We're breaking in a new starting QB with an offensive line that has been retooled. When have we ever come out of the gates on fire in that situation?
Just for the sake of responding, and not because I don't agree with your sentiment, but 1995 vs. UNC.

We're breaking in a new starting QB with an offensive line that has been retooled. When have we ever come out of the gates on fire in that situation? It's normal to think we'll still be figuring things out. It's a Big Ten road game. Unless Maryland is totally inept, I see this being a close game. Maryland isn't Rutgers.

I can appreciate your concerns if you are willing to place the same level of concerns on Maryland. They have many troubles of their own and I much prefer our problems, especially under our HC, all day, everyday and twice on Sundays (actually, Saturdays).

I can appreciate your concerns if you are willing to place the same level of concerns on Maryland. They have many troubles of their own and I much prefer our problems, especially under our HC, all day, everyday and twice on Sundays (actually, Saturdays).
Tell me more about Maryland’s troubles. The only thing I know about them is they almost beat Ohio state at home last year.

Tell me more about Maryland’s troubles. The only thing I know about them is they almost beat Ohio state at home last year.
Ohio State didn’t make the playoffs, but Clemson did. We almost beat them on the road. They are breaking in a new QB, and a new coaching staff, which means a new system. Last year, they played for a teammate the old staff killed, so emotionally they had something more to play for. This year, it’s coming out that the issue was institutional, and that administration is still in charge, so there is a certain disfunction to their leadership. Nobody is denying that they have talent in spades, but if our troubles are a retooled line and a new QB, they have that and then some.

We're breaking in a new starting QB with an offensive line that has been retooled. When have we ever come out of the gates on fire in that situation? It's normal to think we'll still be figuring things out. It's a Big Ten road game. Unless Maryland is totally inept, I see this being a close game. Maryland isn't Rutgers.
I was hoping for a Biff Tannen outcome. :(

Maryland might not be Rutgers, but Chris Ash has a better winning % as a head coach than Locksley.

ANY TEAM can beat us if we don't play well ! the biggest key t our season is summer health ! we have new lineman, Lb's to groom etc. the month of august is crucial ! and I cant say but the O will have some much different options . the key to great coaching is realizing your strengths and utilizing them while also not beinf predictable by formation alone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom