What I'm hearing | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

What I'm hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol this post makes stuff way to personal.
If I bother you that much. Put me on jgnore. Your post legit made me laugh.
My god.
I make it pretty clear I don’t care if people disagree with my opinions as long as what is said.
This post is freaking hilarious.

FLJ was a home run. It’s also a non revenue sport. The idea you would compare her hire to men’s basketball is just hilariously pointless and out of context of reality.

FLJ is a great hire. It has NOTHING to do with hiring Mike Hopkins. Syracuse men’s basketball job is not the same as Syracuse women’s basketball job.

The points brought up to be worried about hiring Hopkins are all legit. It’s not personal like you try to make opinions you don’t like personal.

Thanks for the funny post i needed it during my lunch.
Lol.
Alsacs, you are my favorite poster. Truth. You keep it lively around here.
I just find myself beginning to call out some of the bullsh!t that I see. And not just from you.
Does not mean I am always right, either.

You're, on occasion, pragmatic. This is not one of those times or topics.
You, too, make some of your posts personal. Likely as much as anyone here or at least close to it.

My Coach FLJ analogy EXCLUSIVELY spoke to Jake's question as it whether a Hopkins hire would be deflating.

She was here 5-6 years. It is a very popular hire.
A Hopkins hire -- 25+ years in the making -- would go so far beyond, yet you said it would deflate, as that is part of your narrative.

For the better part of 15 years, Mike was one of the 3-4 most recognizable people living in the city of Syracuse. And his personality fit the part. He knows just about everyone. Syracuse is not NYC or DC or LA. People in CNY remember their own. They appreciate loyalty, talent and dedication.

Hopkins' return as HC to replace JAB would be the story of the year in Syracuse/CNY. Cannot wait.

My Dawn Staley line was a dig at your Mark Few take. #NotPragmatic

How is Hop a top recruiter nationally and he isn’t recruiting well at Washington now.
He clearly has East coast contacts but he isn’t recruiting well at Washington the last few years.
He hammered the portal hard and turned a 5 win team into a 17 win team. He knows what he’s doing when it comes to building a roster. He’s had some really bad breaks, it isn’t like he didn’t improve his team given options he had, unlike we saw here last year and probably going into next year.

He hammered the portal hard and turned a 5 win team into a 17 win team. He knows what he’s doing when it comes to building a roster. He’s had some really bad breaks, it isn’t like he didn’t improve his team given options he had, unlike we saw here last year and probably going into next year.
I really hope that he's learned a lot the past few years, because I have a feeling that we will be seeing a lot more of him very soon.

I think it would deflate about 35 people on this site ... and that might be the whole list.

This week has been very, very cool with the introduction for Coach Felisha Legette-Jack at Head Coach. Great job by Wildhack. She played four seasons on The Hill, coached here for a short bit of time post playing career. This hire has been in the cards for a while now. Thrilled it is official and she is onboard.

Mike Hopkins spent 25-26 years in Syracuse playing, coaching and/or marrying his wife. He chose to make our neighborhood his hometown for a quarter century. He is certainly one of us.

While none of this automatically means he will get the job or be a smashing success, it does ensure that this will be a wildly popular appointment when it comes to pass. It's a mortal lock, contrary to what Alsacs and the Doomsday Cult might insinuate.

I am also really glad that Wildhack did not hold Coach FLJ's early career struggles at Hofstra or IU against her. And I assume that Wildhack called Dawn Staley and made her say "no." Right?

Outside of this board where we all can analyze to death every piece of data, I don’t think I know anyone that wouldn’t be excited for Mikes return. Most fans outside here don’t even know the data put forth and any negativity surrounding Mike. The idea that hiring Mike would deflate the fanbase is just silly.

Outside of this board where we all can analyze to death every piece of data, I don’t think I know anyone that wouldn’t be excited for Mikes return. Most fans outside here don’t even know the data put forth and any negativity surrounding Mike. The idea that hiring Mike would deflate the fanbase is just silly.

Their isn’t negativity around hiring Mike Hopkins. There is realism in looking at his performance as Washington coach and not thinking his resume is good enough to be the nexf HC.

My god.the left and we all root for him in Washington. It’s not personal. Our job is pretty damn good. Washington is a pretty solid job.

If recruiting is your plus after 5 years in Washington you should have contacts to recruit well on the cpast.

MH did recruit well here as an assistant.
If he did a better job at Washington this wouldn’t even be a debate.

Again I laid out reasonsable points.
That doesn’t mean jts hate.

Steve Wojo wouldn’t get the Duke job because of his performance at Marquette.
Mike Hopkins is one bad season away from being fired at Washington.

I think wanting a better candidate than his resume isn’t a lot to ask.
It’s not hate and yeah hiring a coach barely above .500 at the 5th best P5 league isn’t exactly inspiring when his success came while Arizona and UCLA were done.

Andy Enfield has done a better job at USC than Mike has done at Washington.
Enfield built a staff with West Coast contacts hiring a dad to get the Mobleys.

I don’t think Mike just because he was the HCIW should jump to the head of the line based on his performance. It’s a damn reasonable take. The

Their isn’t negativity around hiring Mike Hopkins. There is realism in looking at his performance as Washington coach and not thinking his resume is good enough to be the nexf HC.

My god.the left and we all root for him in Washington. It’s not personal. Our job is pretty damn good. Washington is a pretty solid job.

If recruiting is your plus after 5 years in Washington you should have contacts to recruit well on the cpast.

It’s not hate and yeah hiring a coach barely above .500 at the 5th best P5 league isn’t exactly inspiring when his success came while Arizona and UCLA were done.

I don’t think Mike just because he was the HCIW should jump to the head of the line based on his performance. It’s a damn reasonable take. The
The Washington job is terrible.

Enfield was hired over Hopkins but the assistants that were hired were Hopkins idea that he said in his interview. USC told Enfield they would hire him if he did Hop's plan. So he got the job. USC has way more money and recruits to pull from than Washington.

The Washington job is terrible.

Enfield was hired over Hopkins but the assistants that were hired were Hopkins idea that he said in his interview. USC told Enfield they would hire him if he did Hop's plan. So he got the job. USC has way more money and recruits to pull from than Washington.
1648678203724.jpeg

Survey from Pac-12 media.
Washington is a top half Pac-12 job.

1. The word negativity is related to the data that article put forth. Not the opinion of anyone here. Fans outside this board don’t even know what’s posted here nor would care. Why do you think it was personal.

2. I was addressing the fans being deflated comment. Your response to me had nothing to do with that and just went off on tangents.

What are the odds Benny leaves?
Dont know but there were reasons he did not play much, and they were all related to his basketball abilities last year. His future is yet to be written.

Why then did USC not select him?
Okay, he was the choice. The job was Hops. But, bad news came out about us right at the start of the tournament and then bang, Enfield gulf coast team stunned G-town and he was the hot guy. Walked in and said sure, Hart and Bland sound good to me and he was hired. The bad news about Syracuse coupled with Andy's tournament run turned the job on it's head. USC would have been a much better job for Hopkins. He is from so cal and his ties that he still had, were there.

Okay, he was the choice. The job was Hops. But, bad news came out about us right at the start of the tournament and then bang, Enfield gulf coast team stunned G-town and he was the hot guy. Walked in and said sure, Hart and Bland sound good to me and he was hired. The bad news about Syracuse coupled with Andy's tournament run turned the job on it's head. USC would have been a much better job for Hopkins. He is from so cal and his ties that he still had, were there.
Fair enough. If Hop is the choice it won’t by the worst hire. I am just being constructively concerned.

Fair enough. If Hop is the choice it won’t by the worst hire. I am just being constructively concerned.
I think you might have been right the first time. And I love Hop. Who doesn't. But that USC was going to hire him, that doesn't make a difference to me now. I worry that he can't coach. Maybe he isn't tough enough. I don't know. The 9 games he was coach here were uninspired. And I don't think Washington will fight us for him if we want him. They might pay us to take him. One thing, I would bet our recruiting would take off with Hop. And I bet anything that I would see him at high school events during the season if he was the coach. But...it's 2-3 all day long. I am tired of that. I just think we need a change.

I wrote that minutes ago. Get with it. Don't forget that there was a negative story about Syracuse right before the tournament. That didn't help Hops cause at all.

Was that Southerland related? Or the NCAA saying they were investigating SU?

Why then did USC not select him?
That cuts to the heart of it, given all the comments about his plan and his assistant choices. Why indeed?

Was that Southerland related? Or the NCAA saying they were investigating SU?
I think it was article saying that you could throw a dart at the ncaa rule book and you would hit a Syracuse violation. The Louisville fan wrote it , I believe.

RE: Hop I'm don't think he could get us back to 2009-2014 level, but I think him + good assistant coach could get us to between that level and what we've been from 2015-2022. That would be totally fine with me

Status
Not open for further replies.