What I'm hearing | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

What I'm hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
That cuts to the heart of it, given all the comments about his plan and his assistant choices. Why indeed?
Maybe read the post just above yours

View attachment 216086
Survey from Pac-12 media.
Washington is a top half Pac-12 job.
Here is the survey of ACC media

1648686077442.jpeg

4 college basketball coaches make 5 million a year.
K, Calipari, Self and Beard.
Jay Wright make just under 5 million.
You just love not doing any research.
Good job good effort buddy.
Bruce Pearl is making bank now.

It shouldn't!!

There will be people that are pissed but come on those will be fans much like those that post "Mark Few, Jay Wright, Rick Pitino, Billy Donovan, Brad Stevens" should be the coaches that Syracuse should reach out to whenever JAB leaves his post.

Hop is a top recruiter nationally. People reference how Washington performed with Stewart and the gang. They had no point guard after Quade became ineligible. Everyone here should have a decent idea how a college basketball team looks/performs without a point guard!!!!!

From what I gathered here Hop was the one that was trying to get the SU staff to move on from QG and then gets let down royally by him out at UW. Talk about irony...
Who was their PG to start that season? Didn’t Green sit out the 1st half of the year as a transfer?

RE: Hop I'm don't think he could get us back to 2009-2014 level, but I think him + good assistant coach could get us to between that level and what we've been from 2015-2022. That would be totally fine with me
Not for me. Sick and tired of being a bubble team or less. Selection Sunday shouldn't be a rosary bead, white knuckler day. Selection Sunday should be about what seed are we getting and where are we going.

Alsacs, you are my favorite poster. Truth. You keep it lively around here.
I just find myself beginning to call out some of the bullsh!t that I see. And not just from you.
Does not mean I am always right, either.

You're, on occasion, pragmatic. This is not one of those times or topics.
You, too, make some of your posts personal. Likely as much as anyone here or at least close to it.

My Coach FLJ analogy EXCLUSIVELY spoke to Jake's question as it whether a Hopkins hire would be deflating.

She was here 5-6 years. It is a very popular hire.
A Hopkins hire -- 25+ years in the making -- would go so far beyond, yet you said it would deflate, as that is part of your narrative.

For the better part of 15 years, Mike was one of the 3-4 most recognizable people living in the city of Syracuse. And his personality fit the part. He knows just about everyone. Syracuse is not NYC or DC or LA. People in CNY remember their own. They appreciate loyalty, talent and dedication.

Hopkins' return as HC to replace JAB would be the story of the year in Syracuse/CNY. Cannot wait.

My Dawn Staley line was a dig at your Mark Few take. #NotPragmatic
HCFLJ is Syracuse born and raised. Greatest player in school history. Coming home to the only place she has wanted to be. There is a difference.
If we are in house, I'm good with Mike. Otherwise, let's go outside. Either way, LGO.

I agree. And, considering the fact that the next coach will probably fail, I would like to throw my hat in the ring. I am figuring it would take 3 years to successfully expunge the "guy following the guy" bad mojo. I would take a 4 year deal...you know so as to not hurt recruiting...at a bargain rate of $2.5 million. I, like JB, would give the home town discount. I am not from Syracuse, but the Utica area is close enough. I would have an AWESOME radio show. I would give great interviews. I would play both man and zone defense. I only have one son, and he is like 5'10" so obviously, I would only let him play 25-30 minutes per game. If someone could pass this along to JW, I would appreciate it.
Can you be surly in pressers?

Hop could change the narrative if he bounces back next year with a twenty win season.
Hop is perfect for SU. I find it so interesting that so many dont understand that the school, the region, the area, culture matter. There are only a handful of coaches that can be consistently successful regardless of school or location.
Saben, .Self are two examples.
There are dozens of coaches that dont do well outside of their zone.
Joe Moorhead, Tom C , are a couple of examples.
Hop is another.
Hop will kill it at SU. I hope SU throws the kitchen sink at him. Id take him over Oats, and everybody else including Few. Jay is the only guy outside our program id take over Hop

Someone looking at SU from the outside looks at Syracuse as nothing more than a middle of the pack ACC program. This is with a Hall of Fame coach. There’s not a lot of pressure. Being average has been ok since moving to the ACC. So many schools in the east have passed us by since leaving the Big East. You can easily say Villanova, Providence, Seton Hall, UCONN, Iona, and even Colgate has moved passed us. That’s not much pressure to uphold.
BS

Here is the survey of ACC media

View attachment 216091
Dook being 13 for admissions requirements is hilarious. Kids that play basketball at fake high schools reclass into there a month before classes start.

Also 7 seems about right for our facilities. The Melo is great but I don’t think it’s anything special in today’s college basketball.

Not for me. Sick and tired of being a bubble team or less. Selection Sunday shouldn't be a rosary bead, white knuckler day. Selection Sunday should be about what seed are we getting and where are we going.

I don't think you read my post. I said I wouldn't expect us to be a yearly top 3 seed under Hop but I think he can do better than a yearly bubble team. I'd expect 5-8 seed under Hop, like UConn is now except we wouldn't lose in the 1st round.

Dook being 13 for admissions requirements is hilarious. Kids that play basketball at fake high schools reclass into there a month before classes start.

Also 7 seems about right for our facilities. The Melo is great but I don’t think it’s anything special in today’s college basketball.

Yup it's nice but not state of the art anymore

I don't think you read my post. I said I wouldn't expect us to be a yearly top 3 seed under Hop but I think he can do better than a yearly bubble team. I'd expect 5-8 seed under Hop, like UConn is now except we wouldn't lose in the 1st round.
Or have an A-hole as a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors