What Is an Administrative Technical Foul?? | Syracusefan.com

What Is an Administrative Technical Foul??

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
And was there an actual penalty associated with it?

Two Administrative Technicals and one or the other team’s managers or Admins gets free throws??

Last edited:
If we get two of them, Red has to sit out the 1st half of the next game?

Should have been two free throws and the ball.

Should have been two free throws and the ball.

Based on a quick and dirty Google search and without citing my source, it seems like there could be some kind of time limit after the game starts for an administrative technical to result in shots and possession. The substitution might’ve happened late enough and/or been caught late enough that there’s no longer a penalty associated with it.

It is also unacceptable. How can you not have a player on the scorecard?

Does the roster change game to game?

You would think it would be preprinted and the 5 guys that come out for the opening tap are the Starters?!?!

Last edited:
Based on a quick and dirty Google search and without citing my source, it seems like there could be some kind of time limit after the game starts for an administrative technical to result in shots and possession. The substitution might’ve happened late enough and/or been caught late enough that there’s no longer a penalty associated with it.
The refs check the book before the game for number of players and legal numbers. Hima was not in the book…so when he checked into the game the official scorer notes it tells the refs and the admin technical is called. This is extremely embarrassing and should never happen at this level

It is also unacceptable. How can you not have a player on the scorecard?
It's like when the stupid Mets manager sent in the wrong lineup card and they batted out of order and were given automatic outs. Mike Francesa had a field day with that one.

We turned in a scorecard years ago where the players were listed in numerical order by mistake.

We had to start the 1st 5 guys listed or we would have drawn a T.

Of course, we subbed right after the 1st turnover.
There’s probably a WO who got his only start that way and is leaving that part out of a lot of stories that he tells his friends.

We turned in a scorecard years ago where the players were listed in numerical order by mistake.

We had to start the 1st 5 guys listed or we would have drawn a T.

Of course, we subbed right after the 1st turnover.
Too funny. How long ago was this? Did we start a bunch of walk ons?

Too funny. How long ago was this? Did we start a bunch of walk ons?

It wasn't a walk on who started. It was a guy in the regular rotation you wouldn't expect to see starting.

Had to have been within the last 5 years or so. It was a road game.

It wasn't a walk on who started. It was a guy in the regular rotation you wouldn't expect to see starting.

Had to have been within the last 5 years or so. It was a road game.
Darn. It would've been way funnier to see a 6' tall walkon doing the jump ball at center court while DC and Seikely stood on the sideline.

What Is an Administrative Technical Foul??​

R.216031697bf74e715d9803a75e25d533.jpeg

I remember I was around 13 years old, first year as a hockey ref with another more experienced ref around 15, doing a Novice game of 7-8 year olds.

Play starts and the coach is banging his stick against the boards and yelling. Play goes on for about 10 seconds and he keeps banging his stick. We blow the whistle and go see him. He starts screaming that the other team's starting lineup does not match the scoresheet. He demands that we call a penalty. We are young, don't know what to do, so he gets more upset at us. The other parent on the bench is finally able to calm the coach down.

But what kind of douchebag coach gets this upset about something like this in a Novice game. And actually looks at the scoresheet before the game, to try to get this advantage. Some sick people out there.

i too reffed junior hockey and there is nothing more annoying than parents in matching team jackets yelling at nine year olds. i often would have a pizza delivered during the game and set it on one of the goals to snack on while they played. skate by and grab a slice. that really infuriated them.

Whoever enters starters in with the official scorer (typically an operations person) should check the roster to ensure it is accurate and correct.

As mentioned, at this level it is inexcusable. I do not know if a technical foul shot was awarded but it should have been. Administrative techs are just one shot, not two.

Imagine having a picture hanging of yourself holding your retired jersey with your name spelled incorrectly and explaining to your guests what happened.

Maybe they were retiring Sam’s jersey and just assumed they’d put it on the right team jersey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom