What is BJ Johnson? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What is BJ Johnson?

The kid has a 20" waistline. I don't know. I think he's always going to be a tall shooting guard.

Strength isnt all girth. 10 more lbs of muscle can go a long ways. Dont need so much that it reduces agility. Length , shooting and handle are something we havent had since kris jo. Love CJ but that wasnt his game. Wes J wasnt real big either.

Strength isnt all girth. 10 more lbs of muscle can go a long ways. Dont need so much that it reduces agility. Length , shooting and handle are something we havent had since kris jo. Love CJ but that wasnt his game. Wes J wasnt real big either.

I think he's going to get bounced around the way Keita would get bounced around by physically heavier players.

As a shooting guard I think he would be really good at defense at the top of the zone.

I think he's going to get bounced around the way Keita would get bounced around by physically heavier players.

As a shooting guard I think he would be really good at defense at the top of the zone.

Time will tell. Talent will rise to the top. I think there is a slew of talent in my 3 sons that will be clear next year. Add CM to that mix and should be a fun group to watch. Im excited irrespective of the draft decisions for grant and ennis.

If I had gotten to see him play, I would be happy to let you know.
You would think that the Cuse would use more players! [Although their history says they do not ] One stat from the game that should stand out is that Dayton used ELEVEN players in the first half ! In the second half, at the twelve minute mark,the Flyers substituted three players! Now, which team was the freshest in the last quarter or the game ? Think back to the N.C. State game when near the end of the game, Ennis and Fair were grabbing their knees during a time-out near the end of the game ! Just saying !!

Hope he is still working on a quick release jumpshot and the dribble to pullup in traffic.

Scary thought that bj, malachi, joseph, gbinije, and roberson/buss(if they are still around) will all be able to pull up off the bounce and handle the ball well 2 years down the line. Hope Dajuan sticks around it will pay dividends with his body in the low post as a senior.

Just need to add a athletic weakside shotblocking center next to that.

Guard or Forward

He has to be a guard right?

I can't imagine him playing on the back line of our defense next year with him being rail thin

See those 2 numbers in your handle? That's one answer. A better one would be a talented, versatile basketball player like his father said.

You would think that the Cuse would use more players! [Although their history says they do not ] One stat from the game that should stand out is that Dayton used ELEVEN players in the first half ! In the second half, at the twelve minute mark,the Flyers substituted three players! Now, which team was the freshest in the last quarter or the game ? Think back to the N.C. State game when near the end of the game, Ennis and Fair were grabbing their knees during a time-out near the end of the game ! Just saying !!
Freshness had little to do with all the shots we missed in the first 10 minutes of the game.

bj vs hf1.jpg

For some fans who never seen BJ on the floor, just a few pics as I have attended most games and have seen every game this year. Defending the ball on the wing.

Last edited:
OGBJ20 said:
going to the hole result no foul off reb for 2.

I absolutely love your family's dedication to Syracuse. I have a feeling that despite your avid participation on the forum, many still don't grasp BJ's work ethic and potential. I also just might have a soft spot for him because my nickname is also BJ (and I lived through the typical immature teen harassment that went with it).

If you would be so kind, could you post a video again that you posted a while back? I remember being quite impressed with it. It was BJ doing a ball handling drill. I want to say he would throw something in the air, do some dribbling either through the legs or behind the back or with 2 balls, and catch the object before it hit the ground. He did this numerous times in succession. I could just picture him doing this and many other drills and becoming such a great player for us. I also think many others who didn't see it will enjoy it.

Thanks again for becoming such a wonderful addition to our family.

Before anyone suggests he can't play the 3, let's remember who we've had there before. It hasn't always been a Grant, or CJ, or Warrick. Rautins spent time there. Marius Janulis played there before the zone became our identity. We've played small/thin guys there in the past. Even if he's a defensive liability, if his scoring is a favorable trade off, put him there.
Lawrence Moten comes to mind. Did't Stevie Thompson play there at times earlier in his career? Erich Santifer another one. Thing is, we don't have a Bouie, Schayes, Coleman, Seikaly, Otis Hill, Wallace type to complement them. In all actuality we played (3) 4's 3's, one each at 3,4,and 5. That's tough. Especially when you play against a real 5 who knows what they are doing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom