What is happening with Melo? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What is happening with Melo?

The article about Melo's game being a less-than-ideal fit for the current era is an interesting one.

It's also unfortunate for Melo that the NBA superstars of his era (LeBron, Duncan, Dirk, etc.) were so consistent for so long.

It would have been better for Melo to play during the late 80s and 90s. Back then, superstars would retire early because they couldn't stay in shape (Larry Bird) or control their carnal desires (Magic Johnson). Then you have Michael Jordan, who was so mentally weak he had to take a season and a half off because he couldn't handle the strain of getting all the calls and winning championships every year.

The article about Melo's game being a less-than-ideal fit for the current era is an interesting one.

It's also unfortunate for Melo that the NBA superstars of his era (LeBron, Duncan, Dirk, etc.) were so consistent for so long.

It would have been better for Melo to play during the late 80s and 90s. Back then, superstars would retire early because they couldn't stay in shape (Larry Bird) or control their carnal desires (Magic Johnson). Then you have Michael Jordan, who was so mentally weak he had to take a season and a half off because he couldn't handle the strain of getting all the calls and winning championships every year.

Jordan stepped away from the game because his father was murdered and Mike had a real gambling problem. Were the two related? Many still question it. He was not in a good place. Ego brought him back, and he was still on top of his game. Should have stayed retired the second time around.

Awful lot to unpack here...

ramona shelbourne on local espn la radio just said its not actually true

if lebron really wanted melo, he would go to magic and say so, and it would be done. but he's not doing that, he's talking through the press. her belief is that is one friend trying to do another friend a solid by burnishing his reputation.

Yeah, I can’t really see where he’d fit. Kuzma is in the role that would best suit Melo.

Beasley is on the roster and doesn’t even play.

Yeah, I can’t really see where he’d fit. Kuzma is in the role that would best suit Melo.

Beasley is on the roster and doesn’t even play.
someone suggested maybe a small ball 5 since he can't defend on the perimeter anymore

I went to sell my Carmelo rookie card thats graded and in the case, the card guy didn’t even want it. He said the prices dropped.

I went to sell my Carmelo rookie card thats graded and in the case, the card guy didn’t even want it. He said the prices dropped.

In the future, when everyone is over pretending to be smart because they read an article on analytics, and he’s going into the hall of fame I bet the prices come back up.

if lebron really wanted melo, he would go to magic and say so, and it would be done. but he's not doing that, he's talking through the press. her belief is that is one friend trying to do another friend a solid by burnishing his reputation.
Or, he's doing it with some subterfuge, so he doesn't get killed in the press when it inevitably doesn't work? I dunno... I don't know if i want to see it happen. I'm already fully committed to rooting against Lebron. And i don't want to see Carmelo cast in a negative light, again, on an even larger platform.

what did he offer for your sticky gently used dion waiters card?

Lebron wants Melo. It’s just a question of not wanting to drive up the price with Houston imo

Jordan stepped away from the game because his father was murdered and Mike had a real gambling problem. Were the two related? Many still question it. He was not in a good place. Ego brought him back, and he was still on top of his game. Should have stayed retired the second time around.
That gambling thing was so over done. He’s worth about $1 billion. And I’m not sure why he’d give up three titles after his first retirement. He was still the best player on the planet

someone suggested maybe a small ball 5 since he can't defend on the perimeter anymore

Maybe for another team that could work? But the Lakers were playing Kuzma at the 5 sometimes and getting killed. Chandler was such a huge pickup. Exactly what they needed. Maybe another team with a different defensive makeup could get away with that small ball 5 better.

Some of these media narratives are so obnoxious.

Max Kellerman on First Take talking about how teams got better when Melo left. The Nuggets? Lol ok... The Knicks?.. Our best year in the last decade is with Melo. OKC are what they are - second tier team in the league. Houston?... last I checked their 14th in the West. Doesn’t seem they’re getting much better since blaming everything on Melo.

Max Kellerman on First Take talking about how teams got better when Melo left. The Nuggets? Lol ok... The Knicks?.. Our best year in the last decade is with Melo. OKC are what they are - second tier team in the league. Houston?... last I checked their 14th in the West. Doesn’t seem they’re getting much better since blaming everything on Melo.

Max is the worst with his NBA H0T Takes. Why is he an “NBA guy” now?

He’s a boxing guy who used to do a decent job with Around the Horn.

He needs to find a different niche because this ain’t it.

He’s so bad on that show, and I actually like the First Take shtick. They need to just go full time with SAS and Will Cain. Max is just boring and, as you said, needs to stop pretending he’s an NBA guy.

He’s so bad on that show, and I actually like the First Take shtick. They need to just go full time with SAS and Will Cain. Max is just boring and, as you said, needs to stop pretending he’s an NBA guy.

Everytime i hear him, he comes off like that overly cynical NBA fan who is just never quite right with his takes. The kind of basketball fan I change the subject with or avoid talking to because they’re so boring and off with their knowledge.

I can’t stand Kellernan. I disagree with him on everything.

Kellerman is honestly the dumbest of all the blowhards on debate TV and that is saying something with Skip/Shannon I am waiting for Tom Brady to fall of the cliff he said 2 years ago.

Melo's only mistake was the 5 year extension in 2008 without the 3 year opt-out like LeBron, Wade, Bosh all did and forcing his trade to NYK before the lockout and he did the second one for his own fiancial benefit which is his right.

Boston is the team that could actually use Melo. They need a second unit PF who can backup Morris and Horford and give them offense. With the Baynes/Theis as the bigs who are solid defenders they could probably cover Melo's defensive weaknesses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom