What is lost in all this Ash anger... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What is lost in all this Ash anger...

Says co-defensive coordinator. And we have an OSU fan in the board. Maybe he'll chime in as he did in other threads. Says when it comes to OSU defense, Ash is the real deal.

But is he the beesknees? By the way, I have a feeling even Millhouse is going to like the OC.

I haven't been conditioned this way, and I've been a Syracuse fan my entire life.

I get that we all care deeply. But my god, the doom and gloom is just second to none around here.

I havent either. I fought as hard as any for shafer.

That being said. Whoever the next coach is ill support the Schlit out of them also.

Says co-defensive coordinator. And we have an OSU fan in the board. Maybe he'll chime in as he did in other threads. Says when it comes to OSU defense, Ash is the real deal.

Why is Fickell not listed as co-defensive coord?

Fine. Then if Ash is hired, and he turns out to be a great coach, please be consistent in saying you never wanted him and think it was a terrible hire.

I just don't understand why we're so quick to dismiss someone or something before the papers have even been signed.
Trust me, if on the 0.5% chance this actually works out I'll come back and happily own it.

I haven't been conditioned this way, and I've been a Syracuse fan my entire life.

I get that we all care deeply. But my god, the doom and gloom is just second to none around here.

And that gloom and doom has largely been justified. My concern here is that it appears we are well down on our B list. Why? Money. I hope I am wrong, but that is a pretty good bet.

I spent 30 years in an industry where professionals were commodities. Some firms understood that and others didn't. Guess which ones were the winners?

Unless and until there is a change in the thinking, we will continue to be among the losers. I am hoping now is the time, but I am not betting on it.

And that gloom and doom has largely been justified. My concern here is that it appears we are well down on our B list. Why? Money. I hope I am wrong, but that is a pretty good bet.

I spent 30 years in an industry where professionals were commodities. Some firms understood that and others didn't. Guess which ones were the winners?

Unless and until there is a change in the thinking, we will continue to be among the losers. I am hoping now is the time, but I am not getting on it.
I doubt it is money - they brought in a "football" AD and knew they'd have to pay up to win. He took the job so I suspect he got some support. Bottom line is that unfortunately it is a bottom feeder job - or at least perceived to be one.

I doubt it is money - they brought in a "football" AD and knew they'd have to pay up to win. He took the job so I suspect he got some support. Bottom line is that unfortunately it is a bottom feeder job - or at least perceived to be one.
That, of course, is my hope. You have hit the nail on the head. Syracuse will have to pay more for coaches that have choices because it is perceived to be such a difficult/poor job. SUAD doesn't understand this I think. Hope I am wrong.

This guy is an amazing coach. OSU's pass defense was gouged in 2013 by MSU, Wisconsin and Clemson. He came in and rebuilt the secondary, among other things. I don't think they win the NC without him. He is a technique, let athletes play type of coach who used the 4-3 base. He is in his early 40s, has taken on bigger progressive roles as a DC at 3 P5 programs, has a NC, coached in 3 Rose Bowls and numerous others, is big on technique and improves the team wherever he goes. I'll take him over many others mentioned here today and in the last week.

A good article on his defense:
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...down-the-ohio-state-defensive-clinic-part-iii

What the hell has Scott Frost accomplished, then? Tell me that?

What a crock. People are just looking for reasons to hate any hire that isn't their favorite.

You have to love Syracuse fans: getting negative about people who haven't even been hired yet. This is the most miserable fanbase in the world, I swear to god.
Here is my reason for not liking this.
Coyle told us he let Shafer go because he thinks we need to go in a different direction. How exactly is hiring a defensive coordinator, with zero head coaching experience, and an unknown offensive philosophy going in a different direction? We made that hire with Greg, and we made that hire with Shafer, and IF we make this hire, based on past results, I'd say it's pretty understandable why fans would, at the very least, be a little leery of the situation, because we've been in this situation twice with bad results.
Is it a slam dunk of a crappy hire? IF he is hired, only time will tell. None of us know for sure. But to tell people that their concern is a crock seems a little shortsighted.
All I know, is that I'm putting my blind faith in Coyle, because I have too, and if this is the best he can get given what he's working with, then I'll support the guy 100% and hope that the 3rd times the charm.

The biggest issue is everyone has that guy that Syracuse NEEDS to get no matter what. I'll admit I fell head over heels for Frost, sorry pacusewife , then became upset when we/he moved on. AD Coyle has not given any signs of doing anything terrible. We have minimal information as to what is going on behind the scenes. Let's let this play out, get a full staff, and then we can burn everything to the ground!!!!

This guy is an amazing coach. OSU's pass defense was gouged in 2013 by MSU, Wisconsin and Clemson. He came in and rebuilt the secondary, among other things. I don't think they win the NC without him. He is a technique, let athletes play type of coach who used the 4-3 base. He is in his early 40s, has taken on bigger progressive roles as a DC at 3 P5 programs, has a NC, coached in 3 Rose Bowls and numerous others, is big on technique and improves the team wherever he goes. I'll take him over many others mentioned here today and in the last week.

A good article on his defense:
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...down-the-ohio-state-defensive-clinic-part-iii

Why do we need a guy to come in and fix the secondary? We had a stellar secondary. Sarcasm, just in case you couldn't see the sarcasm font.

why are we concerned about fixing the secondary or the Defense? BC just finished with the best defense in the country and went 0-8 in conference...If you cant score you cant win...Everyone buckle up for more 20-17 games for the next 4 to 5 years

What, a post listing Ash's factual credentials?? (That happen to be impressive?) How dare he...
"An amazing coach!" Factual lol. Poor guy has had to fight off the programs begging him to be their head coach with a stick.

its-a-jump.jpg

S
Most definitely and probably some guy who likes to establish the run, play physical, multiple and play an exciting brand of football!

Yup, we'll get all the cliches.

And I mean a d1 guy getting a promotion. I'd take an air raid fcs OC. But something tells me we'll get a wr, ol, or qb coach getting a promotion.

Maybe we can steal dino babers OC from Toledo.

PhatOrange said:
S Yup, we'll get all the cliches. And I mean a d1 guy getting a promotion. I'd take an air raid fcs OC. But something tells me we'll get a wr, ol, or qb coach getting a promotion. Maybe we can steal dino babers OC from Toledo.

Yep. And in 2 years when it isn't working out we'll hire a new OC with a different system that requires new athletes and them we'll get the super fun excuses of how we need to give the HC more time to recruit talent that's a better fit.

Huzzah!