What is wrong with People | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What is wrong with People

honestly. This was a 14 point game in the fourth quarter and people left the dome ? It's pretty sad when fans are going to walk out when the margin is that freakin close.

Embarrassing. That is all. Hope they never come back.

(Btw it was only 14 points against #13 and we aren't even playing good football... Positive IMO)
I'm guessing you weren't there and I haven't read the entire thread..it was a GD sauna in the dome tonight. You have no idea how hot it was. I'm surprised as many people stayed as long as they did considering the lack of minutes that we were actually in the game. I'm a diehard but even I left after the interception/touchdown with about 7 minutes to go in the 4th. It was miserable in there tonight.

And I get sick and damn tired of the folks that bitch about attendance but don't show up themselves. Shut the hell up about it or get to the game.

I think you have to realize that many people on here posting during the games don't live close enough to attend games. When I did live in the area I went to MANY MANY MANY games including blowouts whether it was basketball or football.

I don't care where they live to be honest. I don't think that they have the standing to criticize fans who went to the game when they didn't unless they themselves bought a ticket.

You want to discuss leaving early from other states and countries? Ok, but first buy one of those $125 tickets and send it to the Boys and Girls Club and then I can take you seriously. Otherwise, go back to your Cheetos and Pabst in your living room. FWIW, this isn't directed at you personally 2/3.

I'm guessing you weren't there and I haven't read the entire thread..it was a GD sauna in the dome tonight. You have no idea how hot it was. I'm surprised as many people stayed as long as they did considering the lack of minutes that we were actually in the game. I'm a diehard but even I left after the interception/touchdown with about 7 minutes to go in the 4th. It was miserable in there tonight.

And I get sick and damn tired of the folks that bitch about attendance but don't show up themselves. Shut the hell up about it or get to the game.

It was 103 degrees at the UNLV game I went to last week and stayed for the whole thing. In December it will be too cold in Syracuse, enjoy the weather.

I think you have to realize that many people on here posting during the games don't live close enough to attend games. When I did live in the area I went to MANY MANY MANY games including blowouts whether it was basketball or football.
I hear what you're saying, but it's not like we actually did win the game. Did anyone here really think we had an honest to goodness chance of pulling it out when we were down 14 in the fourth? After what I'd seen to that point, I sure didn't. I left with a bit over 8 minutes left and all I missed were two Louisville touchdowns.

I've never once left a Syracuse game that I felt had the slimmest chance of being a win. I can't recall a Syracuse Football home game that looked like a sure defeat in the fourth quarter only to see a magnificent comeback win. Trust me; I long for the day when I leave a sweltering hot Dome in the fourth quarter and get to my car to learn we pulled out a win against a Top 15 team that collected 800 yards of offense. When that happens, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a jackass for leaving. But not after what we saw tonight.

I just don't think this type of criticism on the fanbase is warranted after this kind of result. If we want to chastise anyone on this board, complain about the basketball-onlies.

N.Y. Orangeman said:
I don't care where they live to be honest. I don't think that they have the standing to criticize fans who went to the game when they didn't unless they themselves bought a ticket. You want to discuss leaving early from other states and countries? Ok, but first buy one of those $125 tickets and send it to the Boys and Girls Club and then I can take you seriously. Otherwise, go back to your Cheetos and Pabst in your living room.

I'm sorry, but is the argument here that we are now not allowed to say anything if we live over 500 miles away from Syracuse unless we buy a season ticket and give it to charity?

I've never criticized those that have or have not gone to a game but that notion is completely ridiculous.

I stayed until both teams left the field. Some fans are terrible, point blank. We didn't take advantage of chances to make it a 7 point game. Yes, that sucks and the first quarter was awful. But, 75% of the students were gone by midway through the third quarter. Half of the rest of "fans." Insane. It's the second game of a promising era against #13, and fans aren't helping. We will get there, but it sucks that everyone around me, and the rest flocking out will only come back when we're on top.

It was 103 degrees at the UNLV game I went to last week and stayed for the whole thing. In December it will be too cold in Syracuse, enjoy the weather.
oh come on, knock it off. You're pissed because we lost, don't take it out on those of us that actually sat and watched it when you were comfy on your couch in Nevada. I don't give a crap that you don't live near by. You and the other dopes that weren't there have no right to criticize anyone that actually made it to the game regardless of when they left. shut up about it already

You guys are crazy. Stay at home. Unbelievable.

How can you call the fan support a problem?

You can't blame the fans, we've hit a valley and have had an awful time trying to dig ourselves out of it.

Well, there's our problem. We shouldn't be trying to dig our way out of a valley. Maybe Dino has some climbing equipment.

I'm sorry, but is the argument here that we are now not allowed to say anything if we live over 500 miles away from Syracuse unless we buy a season ticket and give it to charity?

I've never criticized those that have or have not gone to a game but that notion is completely ridiculous.

You are hypocritical at best if you didn't go or buy a ticket to the game and decide you have standing to criticize those who paid for tickets and went to the game.

If the idiot in section 324 that was telling Dino Babers to go back to Baylor at 42-21, as we were driving, is on this board, pretty please, don't come back to the Dome, you're a waste of space.

oh come on, knock it off. You're pissed because we lost, don't take it out on those of us that actually sat and watched it when you were comfy on your couch in Nevada. I don't give a crap that you don't live near by. You and the other dopes that weren't there have no right to criticize anyone that actually made it to the game regardless of when they left. shut up about it already

I'm not mad that we lost. Must not have been reading my other posts.

42-28 with the ball. If you leave at that point you either don't care or don't understand sports(barring 1 in a million emergency that someone would surely point out as a possibility).

Or they determine the product on the field not worth their time anymore of sitting on the stands, I bet many went to a bar to watch the end of it

It's the combination of having no chance to win and the absurd length of these games.

Universities (and fans) complain about attendance issues like its the product or they are not loyal enough. the real problem is no one has the stamina for 4 hours which is the result of tv obligations. It is not enjoyable to be there past a certain point.

The game didn't end until 11:51pm. SU has performed the same way in every big home game for the last five years. People have seen this movie before. Yes, it was embarrassing to have so many empty seats in the 4th quarter, but I don't blame those that left.

People have lives, where sitting in a sauna for 4-5 hours is not the highlight of their life, no matter how competitive the game, Me, I had a wedding to go to Saturday morning.

honestly. This was a 14 point game in the fourth quarter and people left the dome ? It's pretty sad when fans are going to walk out when the margin is that freakin close.

Embarrassing. That is all. Hope they never come back.

(Btw it was only 14 points against #13 and we aren't even playing good football... Positive IMO)

Complaining about any game at MetLife should be shut down after seeing the emptiness of the Dome in the beginning and in the 4th quarter. At least the program gets good money in front of the empty seats there.

YOU DONT LEAVE if you can feasibly win the game. They are wrong and probably the same people who tried to leave down 4 vs UNC in basketball with 3 min left.
sadly, we could not feasibly win that game. the defense and oline are bad. i knew that and am not that upset. hoping dino can make some changes on defense that may help, but we do not have the talent and the scheme is well, i don't know enough about it. i do like dinos demeanor after the game. felt bad for the players they did what they could do given the talent gap. all in all, it was what i expected.
i was disappointed in the turnout, and it may even get worse. the new fast was not there most of time, and it appeared to me there was a lot of confusion at times.
i am certainly no expert, when they did move fast the ville did get gassed. i sat 5 rows behind the their bench at the 35 yd line, and could see it when they came off the field.
i will not fault anyone who left early. that it their perrogative and does not make them a bad fan, just a frustrated one, that does not want to bear witness to the debacle. 806yds is a national embarassment. i live through it and see what dino can do.

I'm not mad that we lost. Must not have been reading my other posts.
I'm sorry about that post, it was me that was mad. Sitting through those games when it's a 100 degrees inside makes the experience that much worse. People that do go spend a lot of money to attend, I just think ripping on them because they choose to leave early is wrong. Be thankful that people are actually still showing up.

YOU DONT LEAVE if you can feasibly win the game. They are wrong and probably the same people who tried to leave down 4 vs UNC in basketball with 3 min left.

We didn't have a feasible chance to win the game. We gave up almost 900 yards last night. We couldn't stop them and weren't going to stop them last night on any drive. The lead Louisville had was NEVER in doubt.

2 things...

1) I never understand if another fan leaves the game why it upsets some people. If the guy in front of me or behind me or to my right or left leaves, it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game one bit. I could care less. Why fans get upset at other fans who leave early is beyond me. However long someone else stays at a game doesn't effect my enjoyment one bit. Still America people can do what they want.

2) The vast majority of that crowd last night came straight from work since it was a Friday night game. That game also went 4+ hours or so. For your average person who works 8-5 or 9-5, at a certain point when it was clear SU couldn't stop them and had zero chance to come back and win, I can't knock them for leaving early. It's a long day for anyone who got there straight from work and the outcome of the game was never in doubt.

2 things...

1) I never understand if another fan leaves the game why it upsets some people. If the guy in front of me or behind me or to my right or left leaves, it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game one bit. I could care less. Why fans get upset at other fans who leave early is beyond me. However long someone else stays at a game doesn't effect my enjoyment one bit. Still America people can do what they want.

2) The vast majority of that crowd last night came straight from work since it was a Friday night game. That game also went 4+ hours or so. For your average person who works 8-5 or 9-5, at a certain point when it was clear SU couldn't stop them and had zero chance to come back and win, I can't knock them for leaving early. It's a long day for anyone who got there straight from work and the outcome of the game was never in doubt.
many of us drove significant miles to get there ---i came from bethlehem pa and i did leave at the beginning of the 4th quarter.----my primary reason for leaving is the dome heat is grueling,particularly when it was a hopeless situation.
i never fault anyone for leaving as it is none of my business and ur 1st paragraph says it all--well done

tipphill said:
sadly, we could not feasibly win that game. the defense and oline are bad. i knew that and am not that upset. hoping dino can make some changes on defense that may help, but we do not have the talent and the scheme is well, i don't know enough about it. i do like dinos demeanor after the game. felt bad for the players they did what they could do given the talent gap. all in all, it was what i expected. i was disappointed in the turnout, and it may even get worse. the new fast was not there most of time, and it appeared to me there was a lot of confusion at times. i am certainly no expert, when they did move fast the ville did get gassed. i sat 5 rows behind the their bench at the 35 yd line, and could see it when they came off the field. i will not fault anyone who left early. that it their perrogative and does not make them a bad fan, just a frustrated one, that does not want to bear witness to the debacle. 806yds is a national embarassment. i live through it and see what dino can do.

If your down 14 with a Q to go, it doesn't really matter what disparity exists. Weird crap happens in CFB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom