What Pains Me | Syracusefan.com

What Pains Me

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
is that this is the first Cuse team in nearly 50 years where there is no reasonable expectation that they will win most, if not all, close games.

is that this is the first Cuse team in nearly 50 years where there is no reasonable expectation that they will win most, if not all, close games.
1981-1982 we went 16-13, that was JB's worst team, we could be in for a team to challenge that, unless the guard play improves greatly.

Seriously, our guards are lost. Can't shoot or do anything off the bounce

That's the biggest issue - nobody can create for others, and none of them are good off the bounce.

I recall Joseph having one nice drive and dish. That was it for him.

G seems to have the quickest first step of the bunch, but that just makes me feel worse, because he's not that explosive either.

That's the biggest issue - nobody can create for others, and none of them are good off the bounce.

I recall Joseph having one nice drive and dish. That was it for him.

G seems to have the quickest first step of the bunch, but that just makes me feel worse, because he's not that explosive either.
Next game, count the instances of guard penetration leading to a direct layup, or pass in the paint for layup/dunk for teammate. You may not need both hands...

wallacecuse said:
Next game, count the instances of guard penetration leading to a direct layup, or pass in the paint for layup/dunk for teammate. You may not need both hands...

That all leads to recruiting.

More thought needs to go into the type of kid we recruit.

You may not need both hands...

tumblr_lz08fcdTtV1qenylio1_1280.png

That all leads to recruiting.

More thought needs to go into the type of kid we recruit.

Too much focus on zone ready players - who have potential, but lack refined offensive games.

Most imporatntly, we need guards that are more explosive. I can honestly live with turnovers, IF we had someone like a Tony Wroten, or a Waiters.

We get all the turnovers and erratic play, but none of the fun that should accompany it!!!

That's what upsets me the most. :)

That's just wrong.

Shame on us.

Bottom feeders in the ACC?

Too much focus on zone ready players - who have potential, but lack refined offensive games.

Most imporatntly, we need guards that are more explosive. I can honestly live with turnovers, IF we had someone like a Tony Wroten, or a Waiters.

We get all the turnovers and erratic play, but none of the fun that should accompany it!!!

That's what upsets me the most. :)

That's just wrong.

Shame on us.

LOL funniest post ever, but the joke is on us. Our gurads are implosive but we really can't complain. Its been a good run, this is just a little blip, and things might get better during the season. My expectations; perhaps an upward surprise, perhaps the NIT, hopefully not a losing record.

Brandon Triche would be welcomed back with open arms by some of his past detractors at this point. It's all relative.

I always liked Triche...just to make that clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom