What result would you be happy with today? | Syracusefan.com

What result would you be happy with today?

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
Yesterday I had tempered expectations... today is game day.

I expect Nassib to be chucking the ball all over the park and throw for 350+. I expect Jerome Smith to decleat a LB trying to step in and fill a gap. I expect Gulley to leave more than one USC defender grasping at air. I expect Ashton Broyld to make a play that announces his arrival to the masses. I expect USC's defense to be frusterated and confused thinking "who are these guys?".

I expect our D line to stuff the run and hit Matt Barkley repeatedly. I expect Barkley to have a pronounced limp by half time. I expect Shamrko Thomas to make a hit that makes USC WR look like Ricky Waters "attempting" a catch over the middle the rest of the game. I expect Brandon Reddish to have an early pick when Barkley goes back at him planning on a repeat of last year. I expect our defense to hit hard and wrap up and knock a couple fumbles loose because USC is soft and believe their own hype.

It's game day. We win today. 10 years from now we'll still be discussing this game as the one that brought our program back to being nationally respected. Today we bring it every single play.

LLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTS GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Play hard/physical. Play mistake-free ball. Execute like a top twenty team.

Then let the chips fall where they may.

I just want to see if our new offense can work against a legitimate defense.

And as someone from Rochester, I want to see more of Ashton!

I will only be truly happy with a win.

With that said, I will be happy if we can keep the game close and show recruits that we aren't a joke anymore. This is a big stage to do so.

I said yesterday want the team to have the ball last, with a chance to put together a drive to win the game. The drive gets to the 3 yard line with 10 seconds left, quick Time out ball snapped, pitch to Ashton races for corner of endzone runs thru 2 USC defenders SU WINS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom