What result would you be happy with tomorrow? | Syracusefan.com

What result would you be happy with tomorrow?

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
Obviously we're all hoping to shock the world and win but what would you have to see tomorrow to at least feel somewhat good in defeat?

I'm looking for SU to score at least 20 while holding USC under 40, our defense causing a couple turnovers, and not punting the ball anywhere near Lee.

Anyone else?

Obviously we're all hoping to shock the world and win but what would you have to see tomorrow to at least feel somewhat good in defeat?

I'm looking for SU to score at least 20 while holding USC under 40, our defense causing a couple turnovers, and not punting the ball anywhere near Lee.

Anyone else?
Just to prove that they belong on the same field with USC. That USC players would give them credit for playing tough and requiring USC to give their best to win. That would be enough.

I'd like it to be a game in the 4th quarter. So unless we're winning by 50 (which is acceptable), I'd like to be within a TD in the 4th.

I'd also like Barkley, Woods, Lee and Redd to show up still drunk after their all nighter in Manhattan tonight. Maybe add "with oncoming herpes" to that, but I don't want to sound greedy.

Anyone else?
Keeping it within 2 TD's. Not giving away the silverware on ST. And hitting Barkley hard enough to make him get up woozy at least once.

Play well. Be competitive. No stupid mistakes. Few penalties. No coaching brain cramps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Well we've already lost if these are the goals for tomorrow :D

I'd be happy if we lost by less than 20.

I hate to be a defeatist but I would be happy with a 35-24 game. I would sacrifice a small animal for a W (I brake for squirrels).

I hate to be a defeatist but I would be happy with a 35-24 game. I would sacrifice a small animal for a W (I brake for squirrels).

I'd imagine wildcats are still fair game though

if we show we can score, its a positive step going forward. 24-28 pts is good but getting over 30 would show that we really have something to look forward to this year.

I'd be happy if we lost by less than 20.
this seems fair, anything under 3 TDs is pretty great, considering USC is better than last year, and so is SU;.

Id be thrilled if game was similar to last season.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Stick to the up tempo offense. Have some of the young guys make a play here or there. Have Stevens and Lemon look healthy and come out of the game healthy. Really would like to see Kobena put together another good game. Would want to see AAM or Morris get a carry, probably more involvement from Broyld. Don't want to see fullbacks. Get a couple of sacks on Barkley, maybe get an interception or two. I'd like to see Nassib have a big enough day that this becomes known as a big game for the QBs, not just the Barkley showcase.

If the game turns out like last year I'll be happy. That game changed drastically on two plays - the USC fumble inside their own 30 and our fumble back to them on the subsequent possession. We don't fumble the ball back and score a TD, it's a one possession game in the middle of the third quarter. I'll take that anyday against USC.

I want the ball last, with a chance to put together a drive to win the game.

I want our guys to go out and hit them hard right off the bat and let them know that this is going to be a dog fight. I want them to have to fight for every inch they gain and at the end of the day, USC walks off the field bruised and beaten, while SU celebrates and carries coach Marrone off the field in victory.

Even if we lose, play without mistakes and I'll be happy knowing that we gave it a good shot.

I'll be happy if we play hard, don't give up... And most importantly come home healthy!!!!

I have to say I'm pretty surprised and disappointed with the responses to this thread so far. The post said "what result would you be HAPPY with tomorrow". Does everyone think that SU is so inept that they can't win against USC? I won't be HAPPY with anything less than a win on Saturday. It's a good thing you guys aren't the coach giving the pre-game speech..." boys I will consider it a win if we keep things respectable out there today". WOW!! I realize USC is not NW, but then again they aren't Alabama either. Buck up...I will be there tomorrow expecting a win and not embarrassed to wear the Orange -- I hope I'm not alone!

We totally dominated NW for 3/4 of game one and except for some poor tackling, a few bad ST plays and a couple of lucky bounces we beat them by 20 some points!

a win im too old to root for losses

Play well. Be competitive. No stupid mistakes. Few penalties. No coaching brain cramps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Second.

Happy with a win. Okay, even perhaps happy with a tie. Anything else is a loss. Not happy with a loss...ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom