what to do with brissett the rest of the year | Syracusefan.com

what to do with brissett the rest of the year

Millhouse

Living Legend
He is having an unusually terrible year shooting at his volume

This is a list of all the forwards who've shot as many threes for as low a percentage. Only one other major conference guy

Player Season Finder Query Results | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

i left out guards based on guessing that guards are more often forced to take bad shots. forwards take those shots more often by choice. crude assumption

Do you hope he returns to last year's form or do you say you're done taking threes or else Dolezaj takes your place instead of the two centers. i'd use braswell for a few minutes here or there if you need to pull him out for a quick talking to.

He's already started taking fewer 3's per game and has tried posting up a bit more. He should continue posting up any smaller player on him. He should only be allowed to take wide open 3's or under 5 on the shot clock. He just isn't good enough to take a higher volume.

This team needs Hughes to return to form. Oshae has always shown he's a bad 3pt shooter, for the most part. Hughes proved capable for much of the year, but has cratered.

I'd use him extensively in the pick and roll. Take that job away from Chewy, because it's not effective. Everyone has seen it, Chewy doesn't even actually set the pick any more. Time for something new.

I'd use him extensively in the pick and roll. Take that job away from Chewy, because it's not effective. Everyone has seen it, Chewy doesn't even actually set the pick any more. Time for something new.
Sean if this happens I will buy you a steak dinner the next time you come to Seattle. So you know I have no concerns about having to buy you a steak dinner.

This is a list of all the forwards who've shot as many threes for as low a percentage. Only one other major conference guy

i left out guards based on guessing that guards are more often forced to take bad shots. forwards take those shots more often by choice. crude assumption

Do you hope he returns to last year's form or do you say you're done taking threes or else Dolezaj takes your place instead of the two centers. i'd use braswell for a few minutes here or there if you need to pull him out for a quick talking to.
Last years form where he shot 33%. He is driving more and shooting better from inside the arc. That is his game. I feel like he has improved in the way he attacks in the last month. I'm not concerned about him moving forward taking a bunch of 3's. I thought he would take a big leap overall this year and I have accepted that is not happening.

Sean if this happens I will buy you a steak dinner the next time you come to Seattle. So you know I have no concerns about having to buy you a steak dinner.

I'm there next week. I look forward to it!

By the way, hope you had an outstanding 40th! And yup, I just did that!

He should have always had a yellow light when it came to perimeter shooting. Doesn't put enough balls in the basket to warrant having him play that far out. Needs to be down on the block or at the free throw line.

He's already started taking fewer 3's per game and has tried posting up a bit more. He should continue posting up any smaller player on him. He should only be allowed to take wide open 3's or under 5 on the shot clock. He just isn't good enough to take a higher volume.

This team needs Hughes to return to form. Oshae has always shown he's a bad 3pt shooter, for the most part. Hughes proved capable for much of the year, but has cratered.
Agree with all this. Looking at the recent games, he's really only attempting 1-2 threes per game, with a couple exceptions. His strength right now is rebounding/energy. You have to give a guy capable of some double/doubles a chance. My hope is the intensity remains with some realistic improvements with finishing and hitting FTs

I've been thinking about this - if PC doesn't set the pick up top where do you put him that doesn't clog the offense up? I am not a fan of it either but we need to get PC out of the way on the O end.

I love to see him post up. It's truly the best option, especially when he has a mismatch. Just need to feed him the ball, which Frank is terrible at, Tyus is bad at, Hughes never tries... Marek is the best option for that pass, even though PC will just chuck it up there (intentional pun) and it somehow gets to him.

I've been thinking about this - if PC doesn't set the pick up top where do you put him that doesn't clog the offense up? I am not a fan of it either but we need to get PC out of the way on the O end.
O’Shea likes to go left. Chuk vacates the foul line and dives to baseline right, OB comes up and fills the hole at foul line — (1) hits Eli or Buddy or Tyus on 3-pt line (ball reversal), or (2) turns and drives lane left leaving Chuk to weak side rebound, or (3) takes open foul line jumper, or (4) if Chuk’s defender doubles O’Shea he lobs to Chuk for the slam or short baseline jumper.

In reality though he’d turn into a double team, panic, spin, and pass back to Frank so we can all watch him pound it into Boeheim Court for another 14 seconds before the desperation 3.

Post him up. Run pick and roll with him. Basically keep him on the inside.

O’Shea likes to go left. Chuk vacates the foul line and dives to baseline right, OB comes up and fills the hole at foul line — (1) hits Eli or Buddy or Tyus on 3-pt line (ball reversal), or (2) turns and drives lane left leaving Chuk to weak side rebound, or (3) takes open foul line jumper, or (4) if Chuk’s defender doubles O’Shea he lobs to Chuk for the slam or short baseline jumper.

In reality though he’d turn into a double team, panic, spin, and pass back to Frank so we can all watch him pound it into Boeheim Court for another 14 seconds before the desperation 3.
I read the first paragraph and was going to say that you make it sound so easy.
Then I got to paragraph 2.
That's the kind of play we've seen far too often.

Your autocorrect is annoying.

That said, Oshae's left hand is surprisingly strong when he goes to the bucket. I'm all for that.

Bag the 3’s unless the shot clock is under 10 and it’s wide open and is likely the best shot we will get.

Oshae is no different than everybody else on this team, none of our players is truly elite so they all have their ups and downs. When three or more are having good ups then we are tough, when three or more are having bad downs than we can lose to anybody. We have nobody who can step up and put this team on his back when times are tough.

I would like to see Bras get a few of Oshae's minutes when Oshae is having his downs.

Same can be said for pretty much anybody and everybody else.

over the last 8 games, he's shooting 54% on his 2 pt attempts and pulling down 8.4 boards per game, so you have to keep him in the lineup for extensive minutes.

limit him to 2 three pt attempts per game unless he makes one (which it looks like jb has already done)

and he has to get to the line more. he didn't get there at all against ncsu or louisville. he should be drawing at least 3 shooting fouls per game, either and 1s or 2 shots

Been thinking this for awhile. Makes no sense to have someone like Chewy, who cannot put the ball on the floor, assisting with the P&R. Putting OB in this role would give us a new dimension in our offense IMO

over the last 8 games, he's shooting 54% on his 2 pt attempts and pulling down 8.4 boards per game, so you have to keep him in the lineup for extensive minutes.

limit him to 2 three pt attempts per game unless he makes one (which it looks like jb has already done)

and he has to get to the line more. he didn't get there at all against ncsu or louisville. he should be drawing at least 3 shooting fouls per game, either and 1s or 2 shots
As to your last point, I agree. That's also dependant on the refs calling it when he gets hit. He doesn't get much respect from them