what to do with brissett the rest of the year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

what to do with brissett the rest of the year

Just keep doing what he’s doing. I think he has been very good lately. Rewatch the Duke game. He put so much pressure on them. I didn’t matter if it was Delaurier, Barrett, or Reddish. OB was getting to rim. Unfortunately, he was hacked nearly every time and wasn’t awarded free throws. No exaggeration. Rewatch it. It was a disgrace. He was at the rim all night and only had 4 free throw attempts! Delaurier and Reddish should have been in foul trouble.

His rebounding is fantastic. He’s a good defender and particularly good on weak side help defense. He had two impressive steals late where he anticipated the pass and seemed to hover in the air. He was out-jumping everyone. He’s no longer standing at the 3pt line. He’s cutting, driving, posting, and doing work in the paint. Had some really nice passes too including the alley-oop.

Oshae has been frustrating in the past but I think he’s found his game. He’s focused.

He is having an unusually terrible year shooting at his volume

This is a list of all the forwards who've shot as many threes for as low a percentage. Only one other major conference guy

Player Season Finder Query Results | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

i left out guards based on guessing that guards are more often forced to take bad shots. forwards take those shots more often by choice. crude assumption

Do you hope he returns to last year's form or do you say you're done taking threes or else Dolezaj takes your place instead of the two centers. i'd use braswell for a few minutes here or there if you need to pull him out for a quick talking to.
U know I just don't understand the shooting woes of alot of boehiem's teams or in particularly a good number of his players over the years. There was some improvement I the past in terms of Player Development but recently im not sure what the coaches are doin.
In oshae brissetts case, idk his stats? Has he gotten worse?
I'm curious what the hell is doin in practice? I would assume n hope they practice shooting consistently n it seems to have the opposite desired effect by shooting worse. Must be a mechanical problem cause this baffles me???

I mean I remember the end of last year when everybody was talking about him potentially going pro I mean I don't know what the heck happened

Just keep doing what he’s doing. I think he has been very good lately. Rewatch the Duke game. He put so much pressure on them. I didn’t matter if it was Delaurier, Barrett, or Reddish. OB was getting to rim. Unfortunately, he was hacked nearly every time and wasn’t awarded free throws. No exaggeration. Rewatch it. It was a disgrace. He was at the rim all night and only had 4 free throw attempts! Delaurier and Reddish should have been in foul trouble.

His rebounding is fantastic. He’s a good defender and particularly good on weak side help defense. He had two impressive steals late where he anticipated the pass and seemed to hover in the air. He was out-jumping everyone. He’s no longer standing at the 3pt line. He’s cutting, driving, posting, and doing work in the paint. Had some really nice passes too including the alley-oop.

Oshae has been frustrating in the past but I think he’s found his game. He’s focused.

I agree, he's greatly improved (if maybe not as good as everyone hoped last summer). His Duke line, I thought, didn't reflect the type of game he had. It was way better than the numbers, and his trip to the locker room came at a bad time.

My biggest worry isn't his shooting % on 3's, it's on 2's.

He's really good at beating his man off the dribble and getting to the basket.

He's been really bad at making the ball go into the basket.

I don't care if it goes in as long as he draws fouls.

He is having an unusually terrible year shooting at his volume

This is a list of all the forwards who've shot as many threes for as low a percentage. Only one other major conference guy

Player Season Finder Query Results | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

i left out guards based on guessing that guards are more often forced to take bad shots. forwards take those shots more often by choice. crude assumption

Do you hope he returns to last year's form or do you say you're done taking threes or else Dolezaj takes your place instead of the two centers. i'd use braswell for a few minutes here or there if you need to pull him out for a quick talking to.

his 3p shooting dipped quite a bit on less shots

but his 2p shooting has DRASTICALLY increased since last year on the same amount of shots.

his FT % has drastically decreased.

but honestly - Keep going to the bucket. Oshae is a 2p shooter.

Oshae Brissett College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

My biggest worry isn't his shooting % on 3's, it's on 2's.

He's really good at beating his man off the dribble and getting to the basket.

He's been really bad at making the ball go into the basket.

much better this year than last year

44.2% on 8.0 2's a game in 2019
36.6% on 7.9 2's a game in 2018

foul shot attempts have gone down 1.4 per game so some of that can be attributed to 2 point shots per game. but the worst part is even when he is fouled, his FT% has dropped from 78.7% to 67.2% - thats pretty dramatic.

foul shot attempts have gone down 1.4 per game so some of that can be attributed to 2 point shots per game. but the worst part is even when he is fouled, his FT% has dropped from 78.7% to 67.2% - thats pretty dramatic.

44% on 2's for a forward is poor.

Battle and Hughes are both at 50%. Dion, Gbinije, Triche were all over 50% from 2 as guards.

Marek shoots 63 percent on 2's. Lydon was in the mid 50's, as was Roberson.

People keep commenting on his full season numbers. He's been working hard and he's noticeably better, inside the arc. He's becoming the go-to guy we hoped for.

Needs to make some FTs though.

44% on 2's for a forward is poor.

Battle and Hughes are both at 50%. Dion, Gbinije, Triche were all over 50% from 2 as guards.

Marek shoots 63 percent on 2's. Lydon was in the mid 50's, as was Roberson.

36.6 was all time bad for a forward

But 44 is a huge improvement from last year.

People keep commenting on his full season numbers. He's been working hard and he's noticeably better, inside the arc. He's becoming the go-to guy we hoped for.

Needs to make some FTs though.

I hope he gets better. I don't mean to come down on him, it's just frustrating because I think he has so much potential.

Last 4 games, he's at 34% from 2. That's really not good. Best of the bunch is 45% against Louisville, which is still not very good.

If he couldn't create his own shot, I wouldn't care, and would be looking forward to what's next.

Brissett has scored 24 less points than Lydon did his freshman year on 45 more shots.

He’s scored 97 less points than Lydon did his sophomore year on just 9 less shots.

Brissett has scored 24 less points than Lydon did his freshman year on 45 more shots.

He’s scored 97 less points than Lydon did his sophomore year on just 9 less shots.

pretty sure we were all hoping tyler would attack the basket more his sophomore year.

Just sayin, we bitch a lot.

If you're shooting fewer threes and more twos, theoretically you should be getting to the line more frequently. Not sure why that's not happening for him.

I don’t understand why Battle doesn’t try posting up smaller guards. He could have posted up Jones but he played to Jones’s strength on the peremeter.

OB being out on the perimeter really isn't going to open up the middle cuz teams won't defend that low % .

U know I just don't understand the shooting woes of alot of boehiem's teams or in particularly a good number of his players over the years. There was some improvement I the past in terms of Player Development but recently im not sure what the coaches are doin.
In oshae brissetts case, idk his stats? Has he gotten worse?
I'm curious what the hell is doin in practice? I would assume n hope they practice shooting consistently n it seems to have the opposite desired effect by shooting worse. Must be a mechanical problem cause this baffles me???

If shooting problems were as easy to correct as your post would suggest, no one miss a shot.

Do you really think they don’t work at it?

Sadly he’s the worst finisher I’ve ever seen. Misses more bunnies than Elmer Fudd.

But that’s where his game is and I feel he’s slowly improving.

As others have said, he’s already made the adjustment to hunt more paint points.

I thought this conversation was about his improvement year over year. There is no debate he is not the scorer that Lydon was.

I thought this conversation was about his improvement year over year. There is no debate he is not the scorer that Lydon was.

I was making a point how inefficient he is compared to any other forward we have had here.

I was making a point how inefficient he is compared to any other forward we have had here.

Yeah, you’d think that.
You’d also be incorrect.

You know who was really great from 2?
CJ Fair. Killer midrange game, right?

Yeah, except - CJ shot between 43-47% his last 3 seasons, when he was a major contributor.
C.J. Fair

Soph OSB is right there in the CJ Fair range for efficiency from 2, as hard as that may be to believe.

Yeah, you’d think that.
You’d also be incorrect.

You know who was really great from 2?
CJ Fair. Killer midrange game, right?

Yeah, except - CJ shot between 43-47% his last 3 seasons, when he was a major contributor.
C.J. Fair

Soph OSB is right there in the CJ Fair range for efficiency from 2, as hard as that may be to believe.

And CJ could finish at the rim, or at least I thought he could.