What to expect from Marek Dolezaj next season (Syracuse basketball player forecasts) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What to expect from Marek Dolezaj next season (Syracuse basketball player forecasts)

Id be happy if he averaged 8 points 5 boards and 2.5 assists

It’s not the size that matters, it’s how you use it :)
16492AA9-E79D-4339-A3FC-DD443FE45375.jpeg

Well...the last 2 games of our season Marek played his best ball going up against 4 of the first 6 big men drafted into the NBA or 4 of the first 12 lottery picks. In fact he to a certain extent outplayed them.

(I wonder how the G league prima donna would have done head to head vs talent like that as a freshman in the dance?)

But this is a guy who was reluctant to shoot most of the year. Pretty hard to judge what we get particularly as there won't be many shots to go around this season and we go from no depth to too many bodies and not enough minutes. Luckily for Marek the other skinny guy who plays his position and was going to take many of his minutes without having to earn them will be playing ball in Canton or Souix Falls next year.

Impossible to predict whether he will start from where he left off or where he began. It is a matter of confidence and there is no betting line. The next season cannot come soon enough. We all have our fingers crossed.

I think Marek will pick up where he left off and improve throughout the season. The thing I really like about him is that he knows how to play basketball without the ball. He's a glue type player but with major upside. Toward the end of the season he started figuring out what to do when teams didn't worry about defending him. I foresee him in a role where he makes teams pay for selling out defensively on Battle/Brissett. I think that should be the focus of his offensive role. Well that and being the FT line guy when we get zoned.

Luckily for Marek the other skinny guy who plays his position and was going to take many of his minutes without having to earn them will be playing ball in Canton or Souix Falls next year.

that makes no sense.

So the tallest team in college basketball just got taller?

Looking at that overall height, the athleticism, and the crucial variable of experience, could this team have the potential to exceed the defensive accomplishments/reputation of the Arinse- and Fab-anchored teams of the past?

I think if JB has anything to say about it, they will strive for an elite level of defensive domination this year vs. all comers. Defensive possessions will be something the team looks forward to...giving them yet another opportunity to force another turnover and crush the will of their opponents.

Seeing that fear in their eyes...

JB knows if he can get his team there by post-season, there is a real chance...

Last edited:
Well...the last 2 games of our season Marek played his best ball going up against 4 of the first 6 big men drafted into the NBA or 4 of the first 12 lottery picks. In fact he to a certain extent outplayed them.

(I wonder how the G league prima donna would have done head to head vs talent like that as a freshman in the dance?)

But this is a guy who was reluctant to shoot most of the year. Pretty hard to judge what we get particularly as there won't be many shots to go around this season and we go from no depth to too many bodies and not enough minutes. Luckily for Marek the other skinny guy who plays his position and was going to take many of his minutes without having to earn them will be playing ball in Canton or Souix Falls next year.

It’s now been three months that we’ve known Bazley isn’t coming. Battles back and will be a ACC POY candidate. We have a team that could be legit top ten and a ACC/Final Four contentender.

Maybe we can dispense with the psycho ex girlfriend stuff?

It’s now been three months that we’ve known Bazley isn’t coming. Battles back and will be a ACC POY candidate. We have a team that could be legit top ten and a ACC/Final Four contentender.

Maybe we can dispense with the psycho ex girlfriend stuff?
Exactly.
And this for a guy who never touched the floor for us? Bazley was never Orange- so who gives a good rat’s azz about him & “what coulda been”? Enough already.

He got dominated by Bagley and Carter inside. No shame to that’s not a game to use as an example.

Lottery pick Shaun Livingston? Can't miss mid-range shooter Shaun Livingston? Really. :rolling:
In fairness, Shaun Livingston took almost 5 years just to round into shape recovering from serious injuries. They’d projected him as the “ next Magic Johnson” coming outta HS. So the wily vet we now see on the Warriors, the “can’t miss mid-range shooter”, didn’t start his career that way.
I still say that if Marek develops 3-pt range & puts on another 40-50 lbs, coupled w/ his innate passing and b-ball iq, he could be a poor man’s Larry Bird, a la’ a Detlef Schremp. That’s my story & im sticking to it!

The livingston comparison’s overboard and dolezaj’s not on pinson’s trajectory yet imo. Neither are realistic or fair comparisons until we see consistent marked improvement across the board

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom