What to expect from Marek Dolezaj next season (Syracuse basketball player forecasts) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What to expect from Marek Dolezaj next season (Syracuse basketball player forecasts)

Basically what I got from that article is that he's taller and even skinnier (how that's possible, I have no idea).
Yup, this kid has to put on some pounds- he was already rail-thin last year, ffs!

Lottery pick Shaun Livingston? Can't miss mid-range shooter Shaun Livingston? Really. :rolling:

Eh, I can see shades of a Livingston type player. Not that marek is headed for the lottery any time soon or ever, for that matter. Nor that he will necessarily even get a cup of coffee in the nba.

But I think the idea was that he could be a forward who does a lot of different things and can score from the mid-range. The point being probably not a deep shooter and maybe no one defining attribute, but a guy who does a lot of things well.

Pinson as a ceiling is a unique thought and I could see that as well. Different player but a guy who can be really effective even if he’s not a dynamic scorer.

Maybe the less ambitious comp is a forward version of Rautins?

Its been months since we were eliminated.

Get him in the weight room. Athleticism and height only take you so far.

He is not going to get more massive while he is still getting taller. At 6'10" he has a height advantage over most PF's. He also has a mobility advantage and he has hops.

From Waters' article:

He spent much of his time in Slovakia working on his shot and following a workout regimen designed by SU's strength and conditioning coach Ryan Cabiles ...

He was listed at 180 pounds last season. He actually lost weight after the season ended. "After the season, I was sick,'' Dolezaj said. "I got the flu. I couldn't eat for four or five days. It was terrible.''

Dolezaj said was wasn't sure of his exact weight. "I'm trying to gain weight,'' he said. "I eat a lot. I have three months to gain weight for the season. I'll be fine.''

From Waters' article:

He spent much of his time in Slovakia working on his shot and following a workout regimen designed by SU's strength and conditioning coach Ryan Cabiles ...

He was listed at 180 pounds last season. He actually lost weight after the season ended. "After the season, I was sick,'' Dolezaj said. "I got the flu. I couldn't eat for four or five days. It was terrible.''

Dolezaj said was wasn't sure of his exact weight. "I'm trying to gain weight,'' he said. "I eat a lot. I have three months to gain weight for the season. I'll be fine.''
They should’ve taken a few pages out of the will hicks playbook and he’d have added an inch to his waistline as well.

Id be interested to hear if he had any additional growth in his wing span? Not sure if there are any doctors out there that may know if you grow an inch in height is it also typical to see growth in arm length (is it random or is there typically a ratio)?

Eli’s instagram is very funny
FBD5450E-E22E-4D1B-994A-09DE52B3100C.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom