What to expect from Paschal Chukwu next season? (Syracuse basketball player forecasts) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What to expect from Paschal Chukwu next season? (Syracuse basketball player forecasts)

I think you sell Chukwu a bit short [above], but I do agree that Sidibe offers a lot more as a scorer / rebounder. Needs to remain healthy this season, but if he does there is little doubt in my mind that he'll split time and maybe even garner more minutes than Paschal.

This could be a first world luxury problem "situation" where the guy we bring off the bench is better than the starter [shades of Dion / CJ in 2012], much to the chagrin of the opposition.
Wouldn't be the first time that was said about my opinion of PC. Saw a recent pic of him and can tell you for certain that putting on weight and strengthening his legs aren't high on his list of things to have accomplished already.

Wouldn't be the first time that was said about my opinion of PC. Saw a recent pic of him and can tell you for certain that putting on weight and strengthening his legs aren't high on his list of things to have accomplished already.

I'm not saying you're opinion is wrong / "unfair" -- I do think he's better than the stats suggest, and is more than serviceable. Wish he was stronger, or that he'd gained some weight over the course of his career; his frame could easily hold 260 and he'd still be svelte.

Just isn't going to happen, I'm afraid.

And count me among those who believe that Sidibe has NBA potential. Many fans probably look at his uneven play last season when he was injured and conclude that he is a skinny guy who is limited. He's got very good offensive skills, and is a stud rebounder. Iommi / Moqui called this one EARLY.

He'll have a big bounce back year, make some experiential strides that were denied him last year when he was limited by his knee problems, and be a major factor in the team's success. And the sky's the limit down the road. We'll have as good a center tandem as just about anyone next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom