What was better the dunk or the Block? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What was better the dunk or the Block?

Still say dunk. The switching hands was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Just watched a replay of that. Never seen someone switch hands at the very last second to dunk. His jumping ability, quickness in elevating, and height are phenomenal. But you have to look carefully to even realize he switched hands, he did it so quickly. Torn. They are both great plays.

tee1222 said:
Just watched a replay of that. Never seen someone switch hands at the very last second to dunk. His jumping ability, quickness in elevating, and height are phenomenal. But you have to look carefully to even realize he switched hands, he did it so quickly. Torn. They are both great plays.

Both great is probably the best answer.

That dunk is sportscenter top 10 on an NFL Sunday.

The block got him a spot on the USA Volleyball team if he wants it.

Both were spectacular plays.
Does Cuse have a men's VB team? If so, that coach should be begging Grant to come out for the team!

Huh, this is one of the toughest questions in board history. :)

I'm going with the dunk - I just did not see that coming with the way he was headed to the rim. Like Jarhead said, that was a holy stuff, jump off the couch type moment for me...

The block, I saw that coming, I just didn't see the two hands volleyball'ish spike it back in your face moment coming along. Both were jaw droppers though.

I honestly can't pick, but I had the same reaction. I like Sampson and think he's a heck of a player; when he drove the baseline, no way did I think Grant would get a hand on the ball (much less two). Thought it was much more likely that he'd duck and end up on a poster. That was nuts.

Also, he got clobbered on the dunk. Goddam Big East officiating.

After the dunk, his block turned into an Ennis runout. If he finished that layup the roof comes off the Garden. Ennis played great but he really needs to work on finishing at the rim. Both of Grant's blocks were epic.

Boy that's a hard sell - a lot of people think Ennis is an excellent finisher.

Kid's a player, but he blows so many open layups. St. John's never makes that comeback if he converts the three open misses.

Boy that's a hard sell - a lot of people think Ennis is an excellent finisher.

Kid's a player, but he blows so many open layups. St. John's never makes that comeback if he converts the three open misses.

Who thinks Ennis is an excellent finisher???? He has struggled a lot in that aspect all year. He cleaned it up a little by the third game in Maui but he just misses way too many layups. And he missed a dunk too. He's a phenomenal player but he needs to get that issue together.

Who thinks Ennis is an excellent finisher???? He has struggled a lot in that aspect all year. He cleaned it up a little by the third game in Maui but he just misses way too many layups. And he missed a dunk too. He's a phenomenal player but he needs to get that issue together.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/ennis-has-been-incredible.62972/page-2#post-830793
Kills me.

He's a very good player, but I think this is his biggest weakness (far beyond the defense, which has improved and is adequate). Don't think it's a stretch to say that Ennis misses a quarter of his layups. I liked the finger roll; better form on that than on many layups where he uses glass. Didn't like the dunk attempt. Not the right game situation to experiment with that. We need those points.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/ennis-has-been-incredible.62972/page-2#post-830793
Kills me.

He's a very good player, but I think this is his biggest weakness (far beyond the defense, which has improved and is adequate). Don't think it's a stretch to say that Ennis misses a quarter of his layups. I liked the finger roll; better form on that than on many layups where he uses glass. Didn't like the dunk attempt. Not the right game situation to experiment with that. We need those points.

He has to decide an approach and have conviction on his finishes. He seems like he's caught in between. They should be doing those drills where a coach has one of those pads and they whack Ennis with it as a he tries to finish. His high off the backboard tear drop has worked well, but that's obviously not something you'd like to do regularly.

Ennis is a pleasure to watch, but his layups are a source of frustration so far.

MCW had that same finishing problem last year. What's with these top flight pgs who can't make layups for us?

I do expect him to get better at this as the season goes along. He's already gotten better with the floater.

MCW had that same finishing problem last year. What's with these top flight pgs who can't make layups for us?

I do expect him to get better at this as the season goes along. He's already gotten better with the floater.

Ennis had several fantatic finishes today attacking the rim off the pick and roll. All he missed was that wide open layup at the beginning. Frustrating, but not a concern.

I have to say the block was more impressive. I'm not even sure why he switched to his right hand on the dunk. He jumped off his right foot, so it would have been more natural to dunk with his left hand. He also brought it closer to the defender by switching to his right hand. Either way, two highly athletic and impressive plays!
Probably a 10 in dunk contest .. but the block?! .. my god, HOLY FACIAL!!

Not to worry .. this is strictly a strength issue which should get addressed in the off season.

osullfam said:
Did either / both make Sports Center Top 10?

The block was 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom