What will it take to beat Clemson? | Syracusefan.com

What will it take to beat Clemson?

The difference is Taylor and Bell are putting an effort into rebounding
And they will need another huge effort. Easy to do it against the ville. Clemson is a great rebounding team

Send those Clemson Cuties to their rooms the morning of the game and then follow that up with one of those specialty pizzas the Jazz tried giving to Michael Jordan for dinner

Dehydration will settle in and their legs will give out by the middle of the second half

If we have more points than Clemson does at the end of the game, I like our chances :)

This is pretty much where I am at. Clemson is going to score against us. We need to be able to outscore them. Need the guys to hit shots, get to the line, do whatever it takes to put up 80+ points.

I think Starling could be huge in this one. During this stretch, he's the one guy I would say could be giving us more than he is. Maybe he'll have a breakout game at just the right time?

Tough matchup in the paint for us. Hima and Carey will not be ready at all to help Brown, except maybe to give a few fouls which doesn't really help us. Girard got a lot of the credit and hype in the dome but really they scored like 50 points in the paint and that's what mattered.

Sadly this is a game where 2 bad touch fouls from a crappy ref on Brown will sink the whole ship. That's my real concern. Just a really bad matchup for us in the frontcourt and they have 5 bigs to throw at Brown. If they have any common sense they'll be after him all game. He also played a tough game last night and it's a short turn around for another road game.

Last night's officiating was terrible. When you see a shot become a wild line drive and don't see a foul? It happened twice. Refs do not have to be biased to hurt us. We have one outside shooter. Therefore, we are usually driving and drawing contact. Zebras that swallow the whistle hurt us.

Tough matchup in the paint for us. Hima and Carey will not be ready at all to help Brown, except maybe to give a few fouls which doesn't really help us. Girard got a lot of the credit and hype in the dome but really they scored like 50 points in the paint and that's what mattered.

Sadly this is a game where 2 bad touch fouls from a crappy ref on Brown will sink the whole ship. That's my real concern. Just a really bad matchup for us in the frontcourt and they have 5 bigs to throw at Brown. If they have any common sense they'll be after him all game. He also played a tough game last night and it's a short turn around for another road game.
Anyone get any info on Carey? Did Red talk about him at all in the presser?

This game will be on the shoulders of the two players that can up their production: JJ and Cope.

We need to get five minutes for Maliq from someone. Hall is going to make him work. He can't go 40.
JT has to keep Dad Bod in check, and we need to punish Joe. Not ",I'm better than you" forays by Judah and JJ. Systematic, planned " you can play him but we are going to attack him on D...a lot". Clemson doesn't guard. We should score.

This is pretty much where I am at. Clemson is going to score against us. We need to be able to outscore them. Need the guys to hit shots, get to the line, do whatever it takes to put up 80+ points.

I think Starling could be huge in this one. During this stretch, he's the one guy I would say could be giving us more than he is. Maybe he'll have a breakout game at just the right time?
Jj was on fire in the last matchup and then didn’t touch the ball down the stretch

Have to keep the rebounding margin under 8. The last game was close because the Clemson frontline committed a gazillion turnovers. Not sure we can count on that again. Need a big bounce back from JJ and Judah can’t get in a one for one battle with JG3 which at times appeared to happen in the dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom