What will it take to beat Clemson? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

What will it take to beat Clemson?

Don't get into foul trouble early (Maliq) but try to get them into foul trouble early (Hall). Ideally we have a sizzling shooting day (55, 40, 75%+), but imagine we will know early how that will go (i.e. Bell). Other than that, try to keep it within 8 on the glass and try to take advantage of mismatches (JJ/Judah/Q isolated with Joe) when it makes sense.
Eh.

Use Hima and Carey to get Brown to half with 2 or less fouls. Hammer Hall with Hima and Carey. Basically overplay him and foul him with purpose if needed. Play Q or Bell on Joe and make Joe have to handle the ball. Take the ball right at Hall. Basically don't let Hall beat us. He is 100% their key.
Not sure what we could have done but I would have used 5 fouls on him with Carey and played Brown at the four, Cope, Judah,
JJ, and or Bell in the first half.
We needed our Bigs to have a chance.

I would have run full court press until our guys collapsed and died. We’d have a shot of getting up 10 late and then you just hope the dead bodies get in their way enough to stop them from making up the deficit before the final horn.

Not sure what we could have done but I would have used 5 fouls on him with Carey and played Brown at the four, Cope, Judah,
JJ, and or Bell in the first half.
We needed our Bigs to have a chance.
And where would Carey play on offense and would Clemson have bothered to guard him? Asking for a friend.

And where would Carey play on offense and would Clemson have bothered to guard him? Asking for a friend.
Does it matter with our current point guard?

Does it matter with our current point guard?
Ask KCSU; it was his idea, but following your logic, there is no reason to do or try anything if the best basketball player on the team continues to play another minute. That’s so helpful and so prescient.

Ask KCSU; it was his idea, but following your logic, there is no reason to do or try anything if the best basketball player on the team continues to play another minute. That’s so helpful and so prescient.
We have different definitions of best basketball player. Best scorer, sure, that’s Judah through sheer volume. Basketball player as a term indicates someone interested in the team game, playing offense and defense to the betterment of the team. I assure you, that ain’t Judah.

maliq brown at center was the cork in the hull to safely make it back to port. this offseason when we dry dock you gotta fix the damn hole. you don't go back out to sailing with the cork . maliq ain't a center. fix it !

We have different definitions of best basketball player. Best scorer, sure, that’s Judah through sheer volume. Basketball player as a term indicates someone interested in the team game, playing offense and defense to the betterment of the team. I assure you, that ain’t Judah.
Judah drives me crazy too and I agree with some of your critiques, but we obviously have very different views of (1) Judah and (2) how to deal with the hand the team has now been dealt.

I hope we will both be happier with whomever is playing point guard next year.

These things...

1) PJ Hall cannot get the ball near the basket as he will prob easily score on Maliq. Ball denial by Maliq is key. Hopefully he can get some weak side help without Sheffelin getting open.

2) Sheffelin as well, whoever guards him needs to make sure he cannot get the scrappy baskets and fill the void that may be left by our defense doing a good job against Hall.

3) Whoever guards Girard needs to make sure he's prepared for screens. Our switching on screens set up for Girard is key. They'll try to backdoor/pick-n-roll on those.

Limit Clemson 2nd chance shots!
Did I nail this or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom