What will it take? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What will it take?

I would personally reword Alsacs #1 group from "Those that don’t care no matter what the product is JB is the program and he can never do wrong and nobody can be frustrated" to "People who have convinced themselves that anyone who comes after JB is automatically a downgrade."

That group is at least a plurality of posters here.
Thank you. My wording could have been better but I was rushing before teeing off on the golf course and wanted to express my view to our UVA visitor.

Also, a number of guys developed so fast that they went right to the NBA after one or two years. But, because of reduced scholarships, there was no one behind therm. Those are facts, not feelings.
I don't want to start an argument...but...everyone looses players early. Battle even stayed beyond his college/draft potential peak. Who was in charge when we got the sanctions and schoolly reductions?? Same guy that pulled Hopkins along for the Olympics. We are still hurting from a lack of recruiting in those years (including the underclassmen we didn't pursue). Don't bring up Coach K. Duke is Duke and can afford to take off time for Olympic BB. We can't with our recent trend towards mediocrity. Without change, we will meander around the bubble. Every few yeARS, we'll get in. This may be acceptable to some, if not a lot of the fan base. However, a good portion of the fan base wants better. thank you for listening to m opinion.

I would personally reword Alsacs #1 group from "Those that don’t care no me matter what the product is JB is the program and he can never do wrong and nobody can be frustrated" to "People who have convinced themselves that anyone who comes after JB is automatically a downgrade."

That group is at least a plurality of posters here.
i don't think that is accurate, either. many posters recognize the real possibility that the program could attract a very strong replacement, many more think red could do the same as an in house heir apparent. and i like to troll people that i think we'll end up with gmac . . . just because i think it is funny.

look, these groups are all fictitious. alsacs created groups 1 and 2 not because they are real but to pigeonhole those with whom he disagrees and to claim the (fictitious) reasonable middle ground for himself. i turned it back on him with my 4th group which is equally unreal. but it is a diverse population with diverse opinions most of whom are able to think dynamically and i think few are going to fit comfortably into simple categories of thought

I don't want to start an argument...but...everyone looses players early. Battle even stayed beyond his college/draft potential peak. Who was in charge when we got the sanctions and schoolly reductions?? Same guy that pulled Hopkins along for the Olympics. We are still hurting from a lack of recruiting in those years (including the underclassmen we didn't pursue). Don't bring up Coach K. Duke is Duke and can afford to take off time for Olympic BB. We can't with our recent trend towards mediocrity. Without change, we will meander around the bubble. Every few yeARS, we'll get in. This may be acceptable to some, if not a lot of the fan base. However, a good portion of the fan base wants better. thank you for listening to m opinion.
I think we're at the point where the roster has enough players to allow for underclassmen to sit and develop and create depth which was non-existent under sanctions. Like Braswell. This is the first season since the start of sanctions that there is a full roster.

I think we're at the point where the roster has enough players to allow for underclassmen to sit and develop and create depth which was non-existent under sanctions. Like Braswell. This is the first season since the start of sanctions that there is a full roster.
A 13 man roster will yield a 7-8 man rotation. That's just his way. We'll see how many of the underclassmen "stay" the full 4 years. Most kids don't want to sit. High end kids (which we've been lacking) will cycle through... rinse/wash/repeat. Stubbornness has yet to yield anything different.

Thank you. My wording could have been better but I was rushing before teeing off on the golf course and wanted to express my view to our UVA visitor.

what did you shoot?

Gotta say that I used to be an all-in fan. Never missed a game. Traveled to the BET and some NCAA games. Watched all TV games, until the end. Arranged my work calendar around tournament days. Rooted through good and bad games.
Now? It's a bad product. Don't really care if I miss a game, especially regular season. Gave up season tickets years ago, and don't miss it. Often turn down invitations to go to the Dome. It's too much hassle for too little entertainment value.
I hope the next coach is not on our bench. I would welcome a new, fresh, aggressive style of play. Heck, the women play a more exciting style.
Just my $0.02.

you serious here?

1. i don’t know a single fan that doesn’t care if we lose, as long as JB is coach.

2. you sure you want to be in this group? What you just said here is I support JB 100% but he sucks.

3. I don’t think the number is that high, but there are some here. We call them the dirty dozen. Posters who don’t say much when we win or things are going well (b-ball or football) but if we lose or something is going wrong, their posting increase by 10x or more.

I don’t agree with your rationale for number 2 at all. It’s possible to respect coach and all he’s done but still be unhappy with the current product and/or how the last few years have gone.

time to move back from the red tees
I play from the whites only way to do it.
I tried the blue tee one time for one hole at Quail Hollow and it was stupid how harder those spots are.

Gotta say that I used to be an all-in fan. Never missed a game. Traveled to the BET and some NCAA games. Watched all TV games, until the end. Arranged my work calendar around tournament days. Rooted through good and bad games.
Now? It's a bad product. Don't really care if I miss a game, especially regular season. Gave up season tickets years ago, and don't miss it. Often turn down invitations to go to the Dome. It's too much hassle for too little entertainment value.
I hope the next coach is not on our bench. I would welcome a new, fresh, aggressive style of play. Heck, the women play a more exciting style.
Just my $0.02.
Yeah, that happens as you get older.

Maybe he surprises everyone and does whats right for the program. He has a brilliant basketball mind. He has to be disappointed in how his program is deteriorating.

No, he's staying until Buddy graduates, come hell or high water.
If nothing else, Boeheim believes in his ability to turn it around.

Is everyone going to keep this same energy if we sign a 5 star this weekend? Is the program still in a free fall then?

I mean...yes?

All due respect, but that's a kind of funny question.

Did the status of the program change after Darius Bazely committed? Of course not.

Of all the data points we analyze in assessing the health of the program, commitments from high school kids are, if not entirely meaningless, of questionable worth.

That doesn't mean we don't want highly-rated recruits, obviously. But their latent potential (especially before they ever enter the program) doesn't move the needle in terms of where the basketball program is.

I mean...yes?

All due respect, but that's a kind of funny question.

Did the status of the program change after Darius Bazely committed? Of course not.

Of all the data points we analyze in assessing the health of the program, commitments from high school kids are, if not entirely meaningless, of questionable worth.

That doesn't mean we don't want highly-rated recruits, obviously. But their latent potential (especially before they ever enter the program) doesn't move the needle in terms of where the basketball program is.
I think an argument could be made that a top-10 recruiting class (assuming a Bazley-esque situation doesn't occur) absolutely makes a statement that the program is nose-diving as many think it is.

But, my point was more that a majority of the negative energy surrounding the program will likely begin to lessen if Jackson commits Orange and if the current team looks better when they aren't playing the best defense in the country.

I guess I am more confident than most right now, and that is fine on either side.

How about the second nine?
Legit 84 but the course isn’t long at all.
If I could putt I would be better than a bogey golfer.
Thankfullly really water is play only on 3 holes. I play better when water isn’t in play ball control is something I am not good at.

I think an argument could be made that a top-10 recruiting class (assuming a Bazley-esque situation doesn't occur) absolutely makes a statement that the program is nose-diving as many think it is.

But, my point was more that a majority of the negative energy surrounding the program will likely begin to lessen if Jackson commits Orange and if the current team looks better when they aren't playing the best defense in the country.

I guess I am more confident than most right now, and that is fine on either side.

That's fair, I can't quibble with that as far as perception goes. My point was more that recruiting is such an ephemeral measure of success. Top-10 class would definitely look good and could potentially help the program, but if one of those better recruits pulls a Winfred Walton or a Bazely, the facts on the ground wouldn't have changed.

How did Washington have the #3 and #7 overall recruits among others and have the 11th ranked class, but if we get the #25 recruit mixed in with two guys ranked just above and just below 100 it will give us a top 10 class.

How did Washington have the #3 and #7 overall recruits among others and have the 11th ranked class, but if we get the #25 recruit mixed in with two guys ranked just above and just below 100 it will give us a top 10 class.
I’m just using the 247 class calculator I didn’t have any part in designing the formula.

I’m just using the 247 class calculator

How does that compare to the TI-83?

1573505683330.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors