Whatever Happened To Albanycuse? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Whatever Happened To Albanycuse?

1991-1995 ish?
Lived on off of Madison and on Quail in Albany.

I think I just missed you. As for location, I was a few blocks off Madison and not long of a walk to Michael's on Madison, or not too bad for the Lamp Post either. I am not sure if you were the type to frequent such establishments, but to me it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I recall the landlady was out of town, and in our first meeting with him, the maintenance guy left in charge told us how his knife had 7(or some number close to that) souls in it, and went on to explain that's how many people he had killed in the Nam. If not for that one brief moment, he seemed like a pretty ordinary guy. Some folks just have more interesting opening lines I reckon.

Last edited:
I kind of recall he took some (uncalled for) crap one day here and then he disappeared.

i think he got offended with a certain italian slang being thrown around and the subsequent debate as to whether it was offensive or not. because i havent seen him since.

I think I just missed you. As for location, I was a few blocks off Madison and not long of a walk to Michael's on Madison, or not too bad for the Lamp Post either. I am not sure if you were the type to frequent such establishments, but to me it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I recall the landlady was out of town, and in our first meeting with him, the maintenance guy left in charge told us how his knife had 7(or some number close to that) souls in it, and went on to explain that's how many people he had killed in the Nam. If not for that one brief moment, he seemed like a pretty ordinary guy. Some folks just have more interesting opening lines I reckon.

I used to work for Michael at his catering company. So Michael's on Madison was a frequent place for us to hang. Especially since I never waited in lines to get in the joint. My brother worked at Bogey's and it was common for us to end the night at LPs.

i think he got offended with a certain italian slang being thrown around and the subsequent debate as to whether it was offensive or not. because i havent seen him since.

He's a sensitive guy. Not sure if it's the Italian blood or something else...

I used to work for Michael at his catering company. So Michael's on Madison was a frequent place for us to hang. Especially since I never waited in lines to get in the joint. My brother worked at Bogey's and it was common for us to end the night at LPs.
Wow. Both of you bros taking me back now. Bogey's. Great music! Cap, I played the Lamp Post once or twice. Semi-acoustic band in which I played electric bass of course.
Michael's was a great hook up bar, even though I wasn't slicker than most, it worked out enough. I lived around the corner from Madison on Myrtle. Btw, really hot girl I solicited more than once that worked at Bogey's. She was a shot girl, long dark hair. At kegs and eggs, I told her I would make her dinner and that got me nowhere but many fruity shots. I'm pretty sure it was worth it. You should have seen her. :)

Wow. Both of you bros taking me back now. Bogey's. Great music! Cap, I played the Lamp Post once or twice. Semi-acoustic band in which I played electric bass of course.
Michael's was a great hook up bar, even though I wasn't slicker than most, it worked out enough. I lived around the corner from Madison on Myrtle. Btw, really hot girl I solicited more than once that worked at Bogey's. She was a shot girl, long dark hair. At kegs and eggs, I told her I would make her dinner and that got me nowhere but many fruity shots. I'm pretty sure it was worth it. You should have seen her. :)

You 2 have brightened my morning with those memories. I lived on Myrtle as well! Small world? I actually pumped my fist in the air at part of your post(I wont say which), because I never pictured this side of Tee :) (I might have guessed more of the artistic Lark Street type, not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). I remember the name Bogey's, and almost assuredly went there a number of times, but for whatever reason can't picture which one it was. I don't think there were too many establishments in that area I didn't like. I also really liked that pizza place I'd walk past on the way home from the Post. Giant slices for...I believe it was 75 cents at the time.

You 2 have brightened my morning with those memories. I lived on Myrtle as well! Small world? I actually pumped my fist in the air at part of your post(I wont say which), because I never pictured this side of Tee :) (I might have guessed more of the artistic Lark Street type, not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). I remember the name Bogey's, and almost assuredly went there a number of times, but for whatever reason can't picture which one it was. I don't think there were too many establishments in that area I didn't like. I also really liked that pizza place I'd walk past on the way home from the Post. Giant slices for...I believe it was 75 cents at the time.

Bogie's was across the street and around the corner from Michaels and Sadie's. On Ontario. Pool tables and dart boards and bands there. I remember seeing Black 47 there years ago. Just found out they are finally calling it quits for good. Great band.

Bogie's was across the street and around the corner from Michaels and Sadie's. On Ontario. Pool tables and dart boards and bands there. I remember seeing Black 47 there years ago. Just found out they are finally calling it quits for good. Great band.

Ok, I remember it now! I remember the door guy loving it when I showed up for Halloween as Cornholio. I think a few years later I saw Marcy Playground play there. I wonder if the bars down there are still as happening today? Maybe AlbanyCuse will see this and chime in?

Did you ever have a "cold cheese" slice from Sovrana's? Never disappointing.
But back to your post....please say the fist pump was about playing bass? Or maybe the girl? Either way is fine by me.

And I lived in Troy until summer 1993 when we moved to Syracuse.

I used to bartend in Troy at Elda's & Eldorado's for Mario Abate. Also used to tend in Albany at Pauly's and Jillian's.

Not sure any of them are still around or not. I went to Siena so this was between 2001-2005.

I hung out at WT's a little bit during that time frame as I knew some of the workers there. My buddy was also in the beer business so we always started out St Patricks Day there.
I knew three of the waitresses at Tees ( ;) ). All cuties. Two of whom were close friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hung out at WT's a little bit during that time frame as I knew some of the workers there. My buddy was also in the beer business so we always started out St Patricks Day there.

I had a friend who was a bit younger than myself and took him to WT's on his 21st birthday. I wasn't a high roller, and had found out they gave you a free bottle of champagne on your 21st birthday. I wish I knew of more places with good birthday deals...still!

I don't remember much of Jillians, but do recall a couple of adventures at the Bighouse Brewery when I made it downtown. I think there was a place sort of downtownish called Valentine's where I saw King Diamond(even though not my thing, the guy has a set of pipes!)

Heck, while I still have a chance I want to give minor shout outs to the Partridge Pub as well as to the Long Branch where a former roommate ran some frat night where they played all Pearl Jam on that particular night. I always liked getting drunk and singing along to PJ. I hear rumor on The Payside(TM) is that I still do. Being I don't have access, I can't fully confirm or deny the rumor. (Maybe we should go in together and start a bar called The Payside?)

I had a friend who was a bit younger than myself and took him to WT's on his 21st birthday. I wasn't a high roller, and had found out they gave you a free bottle of champagne on your 21st birthday. I wish I knew of more places with good birthday deals...still!

I don't remember much of Jillians, but do recall a couple of adventures at the Bighouse Brewery when I made it downtown. I think there was a place sort of downtownish called Valentine's where I saw King Diamond(even though not my thing, the guy has a set of pipes!)

Heck, while I still have a chance I want to give minor shout outs to the Partridge Pub as well as to the Long Branch where a former roommate ran some frat night where they played all Pearl Jam on that particular night. I always liked getting drunk and singing along to PJ. I hear rumor on The Payside(TM) is that I still do. Being I don't have access, I can't fully confirm or deny the rumor. (Maybe we should go in together and start a bar called The Payside?)

Saugatuck Sweets in Westport, CT, gives you a free ice cream sundae on your birthday. :)

I used to bartend in Troy at Elda's & Eldorado's for Mario Abate. Also used to tend in Albany at Pauly's and Jillian's.

Not sure any of them are still around or not. I went to Siena so this was between 2001-2005.

Funny. I used to live at Elda's. Had 3 roommates who all worked there - one behind the bar and two at the door. All RPI Frat brothers. I actually worked at the restaurant they had next door for a while, but that was probably gone before you got there. Like 1990 or 91.

Funny. I used to live at Elda's. Had 3 roommates who all worked there - one behind the bar and two at the door. All RPI Frat brothers. I actually worked at the restaurant they had next door for a while, but that was probably gone before you got there. Like 1990 or 91.

That restaurant had the greatest chicken parm sub ever. Used to get it every night before I worked til 5 am.

That restaurant had the greatest chicken parm sub ever. Used to get it every night before I worked til 5 am.
It's 8:57 am and you're killin me, brother. I would eat a chicken parm sandwich right now if it was in front of me. Instead, I'll go with the lousy coffee. :eek:

It's 8:57 am and you're killin me, brother. I would eat a chicken parm sandwich right now if it was in front of me. Instead, I'll go with the lousy coffee. :eek:

How does that make you feel?

1991-1995 ish?
Lived on off of Madison and on Quail in Albany.
lived on Ontario St accross from the bowling alley during that era and a little after.

closed sadies, michaels and the pub quite often.

went to bogeys primarily for live music, there and valentines.

used to go downtown alot too...martel's and the 2 bars right next to it whos names now escape me.

lived on Ontario St accross from the bowling alley during that era and a little after.

closed sadies, michaels and the pub quite often.

went to bogeys primarily for live music, there and valentines.

used to go downtown alot too...martel's and the 2 bars right next to it whos names now escape me.
Plaza Grill was one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom