What's the best comeback you remember? | Syracusefan.com

What's the best comeback you remember?

Delmar

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
I guess I remember the hard losses more than the miraculous victories, but I can't think of many games when SU came back from double digit deficits to win.

In 2005 we were down at Rutgers by 18 at halftime and won by two, 86-84, on a late 3 point play by Terrence Roberts.

Any others?

I guess I remember the hard losses more than the miraculous victories, but I can't think of many games when SU came back from double digit deficits to win.

In 2005 we were down at Rutgers by 18 at halftime and won by two, 86-84, on a late 3 point play by Terrence Roberts.

Any others?
Oklahoma State 2003.

At Pitt in 2001 we were down 15 with about 5 minutes left and won, that was pretty amazing.

The best non-SU comeback I ever saw was when UK came back from 31 down against LSU, 1994 I think...

th

The 2005 Rutgers and 2001 Pittsburgh games were already mentioned and were two of the three that came to mind (and Rutgers is probably my favorite, because we were highly ranked and [I thought] a very good team with a solid title shot; they couldn't even get the inbound past Warrick on several consecutive possessions; we wiped out the deficit in two or three minutes, I think).

For some reason I also really enjoyed the 2001 preseason NIT win against Wake Forest; like the Pitt game the previous season, I remember the press leading to a lot of DeShaun steals and points.

I was a little young for the 1989 Georgetown game, but that was a good one too. Also liked the Georgetown game in 2010 when they led about 12-0 and we outscored them by ~30 the rest of the game.

Comebacks are fun.

Mine goes back. We had a string of wins against the Hall. they came to the Dome and had the game won. They choked and we came way back and won.

The 2005 Rutgers and 2001 Pittsburgh games were already mentioned and were two of the three that came to mind (and Rutgers is probably my favorite, because we were highly ranked and [I thought] a very good team with a solid title shot; they couldn't even get the inbound past Warrick on several consecutive possessions; we wiped out the deficit in two or three minutes, I think).

For some reason I also really enjoyed the 2001 preseason NIT win against Wake Forest; like the Pitt game the previous season, I remember the press leading to a lot of DeShaun steals and points.

I was a little young for the 1989 Georgetown game, but that was a good one too. Also liked the Georgetown game in 2010 when they led about 12-0 and we outscored them by ~30 the rest of the game.

Comebacks are fun.
I was at the 2010 big Monday game against Georgetown and it was a strange game. Georgetown came out on fire and Syracuse had them blown out by halftime it seemed.

Sherman Douglas final home game at the Dome versus G'town on my birthday and the following year when Coach Thompson got the 3 T's. I believe we were down double digits in both games. I was at both games. Two very found memories of my childhood.

I was at the 2010 big Monday game against Georgetown and it was a strange game. Georgetown came out on fire and Syracuse had them blown out by halftime it seemed.

I just went and looked up all of these; Georgetown opened up 14-0 and we went on a 67-33 run.

We also shot 53% from the floor and has 18 assists on 24 made baskets. Damn I miss that team.

I just went and looked up all of these; Georgetown opened up 14-0 and we went on a 67-33 run.

We also shot 53% from the floor and has 18 assists on 24 made baskets. Damn I miss that team.
It was a great" TEAM" Onuaku and Jackson were dominant down low that year. I have a feeling we are about to see a lot of great big man play over the next few seasons. Coleman , Diange, McCullough, and hopefully Bryant.( fingers crossed) and lets not leave out that rebounding animal Roberson. I am pumped about our near future.Hopefully Kaleb will make a nice frosh to sophomore leap.

not an important game but i recall one year around 06/07 we were down big to cornell or colgate late in the 2nd and made some crazy comeback

Any others?

wow. i dont recall being down 18 at the half! but i do remember the ending.

I believe Quincy Douby and Ricky Shields went off that night.

And the best part about the game was after Trob's shot (a terrible shot by the way) his mom gave him a mink coat that he wore in the post game interviews. it was very insane.

Guy staring at chick.
Chick: "What are you looking at?"
Guy: "Not much"

That Rutgers game - I've never seen a press work so well. Of course, we were playing Rutgers.

At Pitt in 2001 we were down 15 with about 5 minutes left and won, that was pretty amazing.

The best non-SU comeback I ever saw was when UK came back from 31 down against LSU, 1994 I think...

Haha, I was going to name the UK/LSU game. Utterly amazing. I'm not going to look it up for fun, but when I retell that story UK was down 50-10 at halftime! They were probably down 25 or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom