What's the injury summary after yesterday? | Syracusefan.com

What's the injury summary after yesterday?

PhatOrange

Living Legend
i think Erv will be back but his head hit the carpet pretty hard. Who else went out?

I think Dowels (head) and Heckel (knee) both eventually went back in after injury timeouts. Can't think of anyone else.
I'm not even sure if Dungey took any shots.

black got hurt and didnt return to the game, seemed like ankle or knee as he was limping with trainer assistance

Think everyone returned to action except Josh Black. No idea on Blacks status.

I really hate to see a kid like Erv that dove for a ball to get hurt like that...thought for sure he had the wind knocked out of him, hope it has nothing to do with a concussion. I'll bet that Black is going to be fighting that knee thing until he gets it taken care of. Tough kid and it was nice seeing Heckle come back into the game.

I really hate to see a kid like Erv that dove for a ball to get hurt like that...thought for sure he had the wind knocked out of him, hope it has nothing to do with a concussion. I'll bet that Black is going to be fighting that knee thing until he gets it taken care of. Tough kid and it was nice seeing Heckle come back into the game.

Erv could've just had the wind knocked out of him and they decided to give him the rest of the off? I don't recall the time left in the game. I thought it odd he wouldn't go back in if it was just the wind. When viewing the replay several times his head hits the turf very hard, I don't think it was the wind. Tucker is foaming at the mouth.

Last edited:
Erv definitely got his bell rung.

Quick question for the board: was that sloppy looking old guy that came out and stood over Erv the infamous Dr. Tucker? I was hoping it wasn't fearing a DQ decision on the spot.

Quick question for the board: was that sloppy looking old guy that came out and stood over Erv the infamous Dr. Tucker? I was hoping it wasn't fearing a DQ decision on the spot.
yup...

yup...
He gone.

I was wondering the exact same thing.

Watch the replay. When Erv hits the ground, his body goes completely limp. The most telling sign to me that he was knocked out was that as he hit the ground, and began to slide, his right arm and had were dragging on the turf, and he never picked his head up. Body was completely limp. That isn't natural.

Does anyone know if there has been a study of concussions on a turf field vs. grass? I feel like I've seen a few concussions over the years due to a player hitting their head off of the Dome turf. I'd imagine there is less give there due to the turf being place on concrete.

images

Pretty sure that was him. And he isn't coming out there if the wind is knocked out. Just watched the replay, Erv definitely banged his head on the turf, and kept rubbing his eyes as he was getting up.

Pretty sure that was him. And he isn't coming out there if the wind is knocked out. Just watched the replay, Erv definitely banged his head on the turf, and kept rubbing his eyes as he was getting up.
He initially went limp after banging the side of his off the turf. Hopefully he's fine but, if needed, he does has a RS available.

how did it differ to Cordell getting knocked out and collapsing?

this turf is still far softer than the old turn on concrete, there is some level of 4-6 inches of fake dirt pebbles.. all the times i played on frozen dirt this cant be any harder than that.

how did it differ to Cordell getting knocked out and collapsing?

this turf is still far softer than the old turn on concrete, there is some level of 4-6 inches of fake dirt pebbles.. all the times i played on frozen dirt this cant be any harder than that.

You also wore a leather helmet, and walked 5 miles thru 3 feet of snow to get to school, and it was uphill in both directions, right? :p

Yep erv concussed hopefully mild and passes protocols. Based on his affect coming off think he'll be ok. Black looked like had the dreaded non contact acl injury, I'd venture to guess he's done this year (which as aside opened the door for #57 to get some run, early prediction he's the next great DE here).

Amazing to me Dowels was back in after he got his bell rung and literally collapsed. By virtue of the fact they let him back to the field of play I'm sure he passed the protocols but this is a good example of how disjointed and incomplete and inadequate the concussion assessment issue is. No way in heck he should have been back in after collapsing IMHO.

Heckle can thank his lucky stars they make the OL in this day and age wear those knee braces otherwise he'd been hurt badly. As it was when he was back in he looked sharp and unaffected.

Custis has a separated shoulder (a/c joint). Looked to not be in discomfort on the sideline, no evidence of surgery seen which means no grade 3 injury. If it's grade 1 he's back in 3-4 more weeks, grade 2 add another month. Anyone else I'm missing?

Think Erv will be back this weekend?
Yep erv concussed hopefully mild and passes protocols. Based on his affect coming off think he'll be ok. Black looked like had the dreaded non contact acl injury, I'd venture to guess he's done this year (which as aside opened the door for #57 to get some run, early prediction he's the next great DE here).

Amazing to me Dowels was back in after he got his bell rung and literally collapsed. By virtue of the fact they let him back to the field of play I'm sure he passed the protocols but this is a good example of how disjointed and incomplete and inadequate the concussion assessment issue is. No way in heck he should have been back in after collapsing IMHO.

Heckle can thank his lucky stars they make the OL in this day and age wear those knee braces otherwise he'd been hurt badly. As it was when he was back in he looked sharp and unaffected.

Custis has a separated shoulder (a/c joint). Looked to not be in discomfort on the sideline, no evidence of surgery seen which means no grade 3 injury. If it's grade 1 he's back in 3-4 more weeks, grade 2 add another month. Anyone else I'm missing?

Think Erv will be back this weekend?
I think it was his first so it all gauges on how he does with the he protocols/exam procedures, if he satisfies the criteria he will be back.

I watched the play Dowels got knocked out of game. He got run over by their RB, the RB put his helmet right in Dowels' chest and knocked him over backward. It did not look to me that there was much of any helmet to helmet contact. I think he got the wind knocked out of him more than anything.

I watched the play Dowels got knocked out of game. He got run over by their RB, the RB put his helmet right in Dowels' chest and knocked him over backward. It did not look to me that there was much of any helmet to helmet contact. I think he got the wind knocked out of him more than anything.
Yeah. The way he was rolling around before trying to get up looked like he couldn't catch his breath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom